• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For March 2017 [Up2: Year to date charts, platform specific charts]

I feel Bomberman is one of those titles that greatly benefited from being a launch title. Especially as Switch had pretty barren launch line up.

Definitely. Makes me curious what will happen if/when there's a sequel. Will it actually retain the audience, or fail because of not being a launch title?

The fact that it even seems plausible is cool though.

Also, the game is afoot for the Switch.

Hero

As expected, Zelda > 1 2 Switch > Bomberman.

Incredible that Bomberman did as well as it did. Nintendo/Konami succeeded in banking on nostalgia a bit there.

Good number for Horizon. It wasn't counted in Feb NPD, right?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Mega hit? No. and anyone who truly thought that was being foolish.

That said, it's a new IP that is an exclusive......in that light and compared to how similar products have done this gen....it did very well. I'm sure Sony is very happy.

Even with that I would consider it a mega hit.

Sometimes these things need context, perspective. For example:

Horizon sold 2.6 million in two weeks. lol

No Horizon Zero Dawn SOLD 2.6 million in less than two weeks. It's big time success for a new exclusive IP.

Crayolan

That was my main concern/question if Mario Kart could still be #1 next month with only a couple of days. I have purchased Persona and will be buying Mario Kart day 1 as well, but the hype around my circle of friends that play video games for Mario Kart is low as some of them already own it on Wii U.

The original MK8 release charted #2 with 2 days of sales. I don't expect a re-release to do quite as well, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't top 5.

A little surprised Mass Effect outsold Horizon.

Horizon had a full month. Mass Effect had 1 week.

Not a great look. At least Horizon will be bundle fodder for the foreseeable future so I expect that to help it long term.

Zukkoyaki

Resident Evil continues to truck along decently enough. Good to finally see a legit success story for Capcom. The game is excellent and I was shocked by how much I enjoyed it.

LordKano

The original MK8 release charted #2 with 2 days of sales. I don't expect a re-release to do quite as well, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't top 5.

How couldn't it be top 5 ? There's absolutely nothing releasing in April beside Persona 5 which did moderately well. I guess there are the potential Ghost Recon legs too.

It's an exclusive on the non-leading platform of a game in a dying genre that was never a great genre for consoles.

Not surprising.

It deserves the sales, best sports franchise and frankly one of the best IPs for Sony IMO. The polish on this game is so great. The only, only....complaint I have about this game is they tried tacking on a silly NBA2K type "story" to RttS and didn't execute it nearly as well as NBA did.

My biggest issue with the series is still the lack of anisotropic filtering. :lol

sense

Not a great look. At least Horizon will be bundle fodder for the foreseeable future so I expect that to help it long term.
Mass effect includes digital and horizon doesn't

Not a great look.
At least Horizon will be bundle fodder for the foreseeable future so I expect that to help it long term.

LOL...new IP versus Established multiplat franchise...Horizon was a huge success. As was said also, ME includes digital, HZD doesn't.

Kyoufu

Horizon is a new IP, on one platform and doesn't include digital sales. What are you saying?

Just wow. It doesn't need help. No sure what kind of standards some of you are using. Before animation gate no one would have predict Horizon to out sell Mass Effect and now it's a failure if it didn't(which we don't know for sure because digital isn't included)?

What ?
You expect HZD to out sell ME with it's 4th game ?
Even if ME A was only 1 week the last one sold 1.3 million first month and HZD only on PS4 without DD numbers.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Most people just wanna have MK on their new Nintendo console/handheld... The fact that it's based on the WiiU game will be a non issue. It should perform rather strong.

Reg

Banned

The haters are coming out lol

Instro

Seems like the sales are fine for a new IP? We had a pretty good sales indicator with the 2.6 mil (with digital WW) PR release too.

It wasn't going to open higher than UC4 (800k) and the current number seems in line with the PR we got.

Can we unpack that number a bit because I'm confused at how that was supposed to be 2 week sell through. Doesnt really match up with these NPD results. I could just be dumb though.

Square2015

Do we have any sale data of past Bomberman games ? I'm really interested. It probably sold around 100k here.

Highest selling Bomberman history up to 2006:
>40k
Code:
N64 Bomberman 64 417,000
N64 Bomberman Hero 230,000
GC Bomberman Generations 129,000
GBA Bomberman MAX2 95,000
GBA Bomberman Tournament 83,000
GBA Bomberman Classic 82,000
SNES Super Bomberman 2 74,000
GEN Mega Bomberman 69,000
PSX Bomberman Party Ed 56,000+