• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Danthrax said:
Wow, some of the Sony fans in this thread need to be put on suicide watch.

Seriously, the PS3 may not be selling a million units a month but it's not going anywhere. Did the GameCube go anywhere when its sales were in the shitter? No. GC owners still got good games until about a year before Wii came out. Similarly, PS3 will continue to get good games. It's not the end of the world.

You know its not that simple. Not to those people.

Mrbob

Looks like Assassins Creed did break a million on X360 alone when you take in the CE sales.

Sold the same amount as Mario Sunshine.

This is amazing when you think about it. Two 3rd party games broke a million copies sold in the same month on one platform.

Loudninja

oo Kosma oo said:
Let me just say this: if Orange Box on PS3 somehow outsells Uncharted I will kick over a magazine rack or two. If the average PS3 owner is really so retarted to buy that fucked up port then @^$#$%^#@#^$

By the way, where is the Orangebox?

jetjevons said:
UT3 - 34K
Crysis - 90K

Congratulations pirates! You've just killed non-subscription based, non-casual PC gaming!

Who is pirating UT3 exactly? To play on cracked servers? Gimme a break.
It's called don't release a fucking shooter when 6 of them just came out.
No advertising, terrible timing, etc.

sangreal

icecream said:
Which proves the point that there was nothing else good to buy (besides the seasonal Madden.)

Didn't the 360 only do 200K that month? Compared to the PS3's 460K this month in roughly the same period?

huh? PS3 sold 119k in September

Why would you compare 360 september 06 to PS3 november 07?

Here is Novemer 06: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132896

Hardware, by Platform

Nintendo DS -- 918K
PS2 -- 664K
GBA -- 641K
Xbox 360 -- 511K
Wii -- 476K
PS3 -- 197K

-----------------------

Top 10 Games

360 Gears of War - Microsoft 1mm units $61.5mm (Includes Collectors's Edition )
PS2 Final Fantasy XII - Square Enix 896K units $49mm
Wii Legend of Zelda - NOA 412K units $20.2mm
Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar - Activision 356K units $28mm
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 - THQ 348K units $17.3mm
360 Call of Duty 3 - Activision 333K units $19.7mm
PS2 Madden NFL 2007 - EA 250K units $9.7mm
PS2 Need for Speed: Carbon - EA 237K units $9.4mm
NDS Nintendogs: Dalmation & Friends - NOA 219K units $6.5mm
NDS Pokemon Ranger - NOA 206K units $6.4mm

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Mrbob said:
Looks like Assassins Creed did break a million on X360 alone when you take in the CE sales.

Sold the same amount as Mario Sunshine.

I'm really amazed at AC and COD4 sales. Really impressive.

Nolan.

PS3 fails to beat 360's numbers last year even after 2 price cuts and a new model. Bad, bad news.

And they have better games than the 360 did at this time, I don't get it. Even if a lot of the base are multiplaform owners why is Ac and Cod4 still so much higher than Uc. Just really strange.

chespace said:
The userbase sucks because they're not buying software that doesn't appeal to them?

Sounds like it's Sony that needs a little reconnecting with their audience.

Or, the audience sucks ass for not appreciating and purchasing quality games available on their systems and instead buy crap. I guess it all depends on perspective, huh?

oo Kosma oo said:
Let me just say this: if Orange Box on PS3 somehow outsells Uncharted I will kick over a magazine rack or two. If the average PS3 owner is really so retarted to buy that fucked up port then @^$#$%^#@#^$

They bought Assassin's Creed, didn't they?

Mifune

Mehmber
Shamrock said:
It has nothing to do with PS3 owners not wanting to buy games. PS3 owners do buy a lot of games. The problem is they are not PS3 games since there are so many PS3 owners that went out and bought a 360 because of the exclusives.

Thats just the opposite for Xbox fans because I'd say a very small percentage of Xbox fans felt they had to run out and buy a PS3 for Uncharted and R&C.

Not to mention, how many people have even SEEN an Uncharted ad on TV. I know I haven't. I do see loads of AC and CoD4 ads, though.

Barnolde

Banned
Nolan. said:
And they have better games than the 360 did at this time, I don't get it. Even if a lot of the base are multiplaform owners why is Ac and Cod4 still so much higher than Uc. Just really strange.
Competition is fierce, 360 owners are rabid freaks that buy everything.

Lefty42o

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
I think people are really writing off the BIG PS3 projects off to soon. MGS4, FFXIII and Killzone 2 will all sell well, because they are already hyped and in genres that people care about.

I know we all love Viva Pinata and Uncharted but these games just don't have mass appeal it seems.

lair, unhcharted, and heavenly sword say hi.

i remember when these games were the savior. every npd after a big game bombs its another exclusive that will save the day. at some point people need to understand the ps3 will likely struggle this whole generation. it will have its ups but at the end of it lots of mistakes were made and the market has spoken.

Crisis

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
What the hell? Those estimates are that low because we recieved story after story about how disappointing and lackluster the PS3 sales were. And guess what? They were! Just because GAF was off by what, 20 fucking thousand? that all of a sudden means that the PS3 is beating the odds?

Calm down Xbot. I'm getting tired of fucking defending this. All I have said was that the PS3 didn't TANK like a bunch of you morons are saying it did. It did a little better than expected. It did well. I don't know where the fuck you are all getting this "LOL CRISIS SAID THAT PS3 IS TEH WINNAR!" shit from.

Mrbob

schuelma said:
I'm really amazed at AC and COD4 sales. Really impressive.

So am I. I'm pretty shocked at the combined totals for both games. Way beyond I would have thought they would sell.

tehbear

Nolan. said:

Cause the demand for games like AC and COD4 is higher? Let's face it, Uncharted doesn't have the right theme/gametype/hype. Exclusive means shit to gamers, and PS3 people aren't so different than 360 people.

Narcosis

Crisis said:
Same. My guess is that it's multiconsole owners that make up the majority of PS3's userbase. That's the only real explanation I have for this one.

I know it;s anecdotal, but I only know 2 people on my PS3 friends list that don't own a 360, which is totally what I feel is to blame for the piss poor sales of Ratchet and Uncharted. It seems that Microsoft continues to be the dominant platform of "I gotta play this game!", probably because of the XBL factor and the whole "what is everyone else playing?" aspect. If you log onto XBL and see 5 people simultaneously playing one game you're probably gonna be inclined to wanna check that out more than whatever is on the other console since the added peer pressure doesn't exist.

That being said, the PS3 numbrs were higher than I expected honestly, I'm glad I wasn't betting money on another forum when I predicted 220K for PS3 in November :lol

WinFonda

Danthrax said:

Seriously, the PS3 may not be selling a million units a month but it's not going anywhere. Did the GameCube go anywhere when its sales were in the shitter? No. GC owners still got good games until about a year before Wii came out. Similarly, PS3 will continue to get good games. It's not the end of the world.
I just did a post above yours along the same lines. I think you're calling it wrong when you say it's all Sony fans though. But whatever, people will engage in NPD hysterics. They'll get over it. Until next month.

Speevy

Banned
Frillen said:
PS3 doesn't even manage 500k with a price cut and the November boost. It's impossible to spin it.

It's not a popular system. There's no way to spin it.

Of course, there's no reason it would be a popular system with little if any mainstream stuff to distinguish it from the Xbox 360.

The software sales should have foreshadowed these hardware sales for everyone.

spwolf

Frillen said:
PS3 doesn't even manage 500k with a price cut and the November boost. It's impossible to spin it.

yes, it is impossible to spin the fact that PS3 managed to increase sales by 4x month-to-month.

:D

Hunter D said:
Sony needs a game with FF7 and GT1 level hype and GT3 word of mouth next year if they want to compete. They basically need their own Super Mario Bros. at this point.

Sony just needs to go on a marketing blitz FOCUSED ON ONE GAME. It did wonders for Assassin's Creed, hell, it did wonders for The Game That Shall Not Be Named Thanks G*Spot even though that game is a piece of shit.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wow at Crisis meltdown. Did we have any in the last NPD thread? I didn't get a chance to skim through that one.

shintoki said:
Not to throw more fire in on it. But MGS is just a big IP. When 3 came out...It had to go up against Halo, WoW, Half Life, and GTA.

Of course I GTA is going shallow up allot of its chance for hype. And then take into account things like Japanese market in general responding lower to more typical type games. MGS being on the last place system this time.

But of coruse Konami can always just...Make the substance version then:lol

why would you go up against competition when you don`t have to. Dealay a month, polish it more and you`ll probably add 200K sales. GTA IV will be a beast, and no sane publisher will release a big hardcore title the same month

Hunter D

WinFonda said:
SONY IS DEAD!!! LOLS. Lets celebrate!!

No.

The hyperbole in this thread is fucking crazy. The fact that many gamers and "PS3 fans" engage in this shit is disgusting. One of PS3's main problems is a major PR issue revolving around the resulting shitstorm the hardcore kick up every month when NPD rolls around. It does it's best to cast a shadow of doubt that looms over the internet and spreads like a contagion until the next month arrives.

You can find examples of this all throughout this thread. If someone were to genuinely want the PS3 to succeed, that someone wouldn't act like a hysterical cry baby as if every NPD is Sony's "last chance." It's still the most expensive console. It still lacks a major system seller. And it still met sales expectations. And so all things considered, it's actually moving almost half a million units--and thats a good thing.

Sadly any other successes will be ignored until Sony pulls ahead in North America and the NPDs.
Why are you posting in a thread about game sales if you don't want to discuss said sales?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
spwolf said:
yes, it is impossible to spin the fact that PS3 managed to increase sales by 4x month-to-month.

You're starting to grow on me. Nothing if not persistent :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
HK-47 said:
Danthrax said:

You know its not that simple. Not to those people.

Well the voice of reason needs to show up somewhere in this thread. Right? Anyone listening??

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Experiment said:
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

117,000!!!!!!!!

TANK! TANK! TANK!

Why do you get joy out of a top 5 game released this year selling badly?

Oh. Fanboy. Gotcha.

Idiot.

Guled

PS3 owners, even though ps3 is doing bad in America, it is still doing great WW. PS3's WW LTD is about the same as 360 LTD this time last year. Anyway, why do you care about sales? Did the ps3 include shares in Sony that I didn't get?

polyh3dron said:
Sony just needs to go on a marketing blitz FOCUSED ON ONE GAME. It did wonders for Assassin's Creed, hell, it did wonders for The Game That Shall Not Be Named Thanks G*Spot even though that game is a piece of shit.

Yeah, having the AC ad tagged with the Playstation brand really seemed to help. I was surprised by both the AC numbers, but the PS3 one especially jumped out at me.

angelfly

Guled said:
PS3 owners, even though ps3 is doing bad in America, it is still doing great WW. PS3's WW LTD is about the same as 360 LTD this time last year. Anyway, why do you care about sales? Did the ps3 include shares in Sony that I didn't get?

What matters is how it's doing compared to the 360 now. Developers and publishers don't care how it compares to last year 360 sales.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
spwolf said:

And STILL managed to lose ground in total sales between it and the other consoles. Jeez the defense force is out in full force.

yoopoo said:
SONY, PLEASE:

390.gif
Amazing. Its so cute and yet so true. :lol

Top Bottom