• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

Brannon said:
Jesus fucking crysis that's unreal. It may be that the console versions of these games will have to save them from an untimely death.

Yes even Crysis.

It IS coming.

SHUT UP IT'S COMING BITCH.

Well considering how good it looks on low settings, i guess it might.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Pai Pai Master said:
I have lost all faith in my fellow members of the PS3 install base.

FUCKING BUY RATCHET & UNCHARTED, YOU BASTARDS.

Post more on gaf, less on AVS Forums. Problem solved.

Mifune

Mehmber
Sorry, but LOL at the "fuck PS3 owners" mindset.

This is Sony's royal screw-up, through and through. They had a huge loyal fanbase and somehow pissed it all away. How else do you explain one of the biggest PS2 franchises selling about 150K to date on the PS3.

Still, all in all PS3's hardware sales numbers aren't too bad. Viva Bluray!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Metalmurphy said:
What else would they buy?

Sept. 2006 NPD
1. PS2 - Madden NFL 07 ~ 885,000
2. 360 - Madden NFL 07 ~ 477,000
3. 360 - Dead Rising ~ 337,000
4. XBX - Madden NFL 07 ~ 253,000
5. PS2 - NCAA Football 07 ~ 160,000
6. PS2 - Madden NFL 07 Hall of Fame Edition ~ 127,000
7. PS2 - Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus ~ 200,000
8. NDS - New Super Mario Bros. ~ 179,000
9. PS2 - Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories ~ 102,000
10. 360 - Madden NFL 07 Hall of Fame Edition ~ 92,000
NDS - Nintendogs (3 versions combined) ~ 85,000
NDS - Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day ~ 74,000
360 - Ninety-Nine Nights ~ 74,000
NDS - Big Brain Academy ~ 73,000
PS2 - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja ~ 73,000
360 - NCAA Football 07 ~ 73,000
PS2 - Guitar Hero bundle ~ 72,000
PSP - Madden NFL 07 ~ 58,000
NDS - Mario Kart DS ~ 57,000
NGC - Madden NFL 07 ~ 50,000

Crisis

Banned
schuelma said:
Again, my point. Barely beating out incredibly low predictions does not mean the sales were good.

Sigh. MY point. Just because YOU think that the predictions were low doesn't mean that they are. That is a matter of opinion.

LukeSmith

Raw64life said:
For anyone who cares, Wii Play month-by-month...

WII PLAY W/REMOTE

February - 371K
March - 273K
April - 249K
May - 227K
June - 293K
July - 278K
August - 257K
September - 282K
October - 240K
November - 564K

Total: ~3.0 million

Awesome accessory sales.

itxaka

Defeatist
Spawn99 said:
I'm glad PS3 owners didn't buy Ratchet & Clank. It brings nothing new to the series except HD graphics.

Insomnia and Naughty Dog need to learn that sequels aren't needed every year. Give is new game play types with each installment. Take a page from the Mario book.

Fix your damn avatar. It´s a fucking 1.4 MB image.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Agent Icebeezy said:
Sept. 2006 NPD
Which proves the point that there was nothing else good to buy (besides the seasonal Madden.)

Didn't the 360 only do 200K that month? Compared to the PS3's 460K this month in roughly the same period?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Crisis said:
Sigh. MY point. Just because YOU think that the predictions were low doesn't mean that they are. That is a matter of opinion.

You're right. 466K in November after a price drop when your competitors sell a lot more hardware and software wise is stellar and means PS3 is primed for a comeback. You got me.

Crisis

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
I did my part, Uncharted, Ratchet, Cod4.

Same. My guess is that it's multiconsole owners that make up the majority of PS3's userbase. That's the only real explanation I have for this one.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Crisis said:

But they are low for a price cut/holiday combo with a huge ad campaign.

Kosma

Banned
Crisis said:
Same. My guess is that it's multiconsole owners that make up the majority of PS3's userbase. That's the only real explanation I have for this one.

That can't be it, check the COD4 and AC numbers.

I feel like I deserve a freaking medal or something.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
oo Kosma oo said:
I did my part, Uncharted, Ratchet, Cod4.
x2
I feel bad for Uncharted and Ratchet :/
When AC sells 377 on PS3 and Uncharted doesn't come close, it just makes me very very sad.

Crisis

Banned
schuelma said:
You're right. 466K in November after a price drop when your competitors sell a lot more hardware and software wise is stellar and means PS3 is primed for a comeback. You got me.

Dude what the fuck? I didn't say anything like that. All I said was that all of the consoles did well. You need to quit fucking trolling. Here's an idea for you. Instead of stating that the PS3 numbers are low why don't you post how many you think it needed to sell to be "acceptable"? Then see how many people disagree with you.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Crisis said:
Hey look, this argument came up again!

Can we apply this to 360 sales in Japan again? I mean, it's doing a lot better than the first Xbox did right?

Agent Icebeezy

Pai Pai Master said:
I have lost all faith in my fellow members of the PS3 install base.

FUCKING BUY RATCHET & UNCHARTED, YOU BASTARDS.

I did, plus I bought Sigma and VF5.

PS3 did better than I thought I did. I expected somewhere between 350-400,000.

Uncharted tanked and tanked hard. I guess you can scratch that off the list of "XBOX 360 KILLAHS." I guess there is always 2008's lineup, eh?

no its not terrible for the ps3 better than what it used to be and its only getting better not to mention but this is december lol and america is full of xbox fans that go off word i am amercian ...african american.. but **** thats all i hear dem say the ps3 sales in europe japan and such

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LukeSmith said:
Awesome accessory sales.

I believe there was a graph detailing the Wiimote versus Wiimote/Play sales...the standalone's sales were huge percentage even with how well Wii Play sells. Crazy stuff

Crisis

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
That can't be it, check the COD4 and AC numbers.

I feel like I deserve a freaking medal or something.

It can be. They might've all gotten the PS3 versions of COD4 and AC and gotten like Mass Effect or Mario Galaxy instead of Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank.

GhaleonEB

Crisis said:
Compare them to past console November sales. They're not great. We're talking at or below Xbox/GC levels here.

boiled goose

good with gravy
360 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION (CORP) NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 1 1.57 million
WII SUPER MARIO GALAXY NINTENDO OF AMERICA NOV 2007 EVERYONE (E) 2 1.12 million
360 ASSASSIN'S CREED UBISOFT NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 3 980K
PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 967K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA FEB 2007 EVERYONE (E) 5 564K
360 MASS EFFECT MICROSOFT (CORP) NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 6 473K
PS3 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION (CORP) NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 7 444K
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 8 426K
360 HALO 3 MICROSOFT (CORP) SEP 2007 MATURE (M) 9 387K
PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED UBISOFT NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 10 377K

-----

360 ROCK BAND (T) 312K
360 Guitar Hero III 367.2K

WII MARIO AND SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (E) 330K
WII WII ZAPPER W/ LINK'S CROSSBOW TRAINING (E) 232K
WII LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE TRILOGY (E) 180K
WII HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL (E) 180K
WII RESIDENT EVIL UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (M) 120K
WII MANHUNT 2 (M) 19K

NDS FFXII: Revenant Wings 48.6K
NDS Zelda: Phantom Hourglass 226.5K

PS3 UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE (T) 117K
PS3 RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE (T) 66K
PS3 ROCK BAND (T) 70K

PC CRYSIS (M) 87K
PC UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 (M) 34K

-----

Rough LTDs

360 HALO 3 - ~4.1 million

PS3 RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE - ~140K

PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK - ~1.5 million

WII WII PLAY W/REMOTE - ~3.0 million
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK - ~710K
WII METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION - ~500K
WII ZACK & WIKI QUEST FOR BARBARO'S TREASURE - ~35K

Shamrock

Banned
Mifune said:
Sorry, but LOL at the "fuck PS3 owners" mindset.

This is Sony's royal screw-up, through and through. They had a huge loyal fanbase and somehow pissed it all away. How else do you explain one of the biggest PS2 franchises selling about 150K to date on the PS3.

Still, all in all PS3's hardware sales numbers aren't too bad. Viva Bluray!

It has nothing to do with PS3 owners not wanting to buy games. PS3 owners do buy a lot of games. The problem is they are not PS3 games since there are so many PS3 owners that went out and bought a 360 because of the exclusives.

Thats just the opposite for Xbox fans because I'd say a very small percentage of Xbox fans felt they had to run out and buy a PS3 for Uncharted and R&C.

WinFonda

Oblivion said:
It's pretty much over. Even another price drop won't bring Sony back from the dead, at this point.
SONY IS DEAD!!! LOLS. Lets celebrate!!

No.

The hyperbole in this thread is fucking crazy. The fact that many gamers and "PS3 fans" engage in this shit is disgusting. One of PS3's main problems is a major PR issue revolving around the resulting shitstorm the hardcore kick up every month when NPD rolls around. It does it's best to cast a shadow of doubt that looms over the internet and spreads like a contagion until the next month arrives.

You can find examples of this all throughout this thread. If someone were to genuinely want the PS3 to succeed, that someone wouldn't act like a hysterical cry baby as if every NPD is Sony's "last chance." It's still the most expensive console. It still lacks a major system seller. And it still met sales expectations. And so all things considered, it's actually moving almost half a million units--and thats a good thing.

Sadly any other successes will be ignored until Sony pulls ahead in North America and the NPDs.

Agent Icebeezy said:
You missed by one moth. But even if you didn't you missed the point. What great games the 360 had before Dead Rising? Perfect Dark? CoD2?... They had this huge interval without awesome games, obviously it would sell like mad. Comparing that scenario to the one the PS3 is now is not the same.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Crisis said:
Dude what the fuck? I didn't say anything like that. All I said was that all of the consoles did well. You need to quit fucking trolling. Here's an idea for you. Instead of stating that the PS3 numbers are low why don't you post how many you think it needed to sell to be "acceptable"? Then see how many people disagree with you.

I'm not trying to troll. I'm posting my opinions in a SALES thread. I think given the respective install bases and momentum of its competitors, PS3 needed to do 550-600K in November to show it was still viable as a competitor to the 360 and Wii. I realize that number was unlikely, but that doesn't change what I think it needed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Oblivion said:
Like MGS3 did with GTA: SA?
Not to throw more fire in on it. But MGS is just a big IP. When 3 came out...It had to go up against Halo, WoW, Half Life, and GTA.

Of course I GTA is going shallow up allot of its chance for hype. And then take into account things like Japanese market in general responding lower to more typical type games. MGS being on the last place system this time.

But of coruse Konami can always just...Make the substance version then:lol

Kosma

Banned
Let me just say this: if Orange Box on PS3 somehow outsells Uncharted I will kick over a magazine rack or two. If the average PS3 owner is really so retarted to buy that fucked up port then @^$#$%^#@#^$

tehbear

Crisis said:

Or maybe PS3 owners aren't so different from 360 owners and have similar tastes. That would explain why the multiplatform sells more in line with userbase than the exclusives.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wow, some of the Sony fans in this thread need to be put on suicide watch.

Seriously, the PS3 may not be selling a million units a month but it's not going anywhere. Did the GameCube go anywhere when its sales were in the shitter? No. GC owners still got good games until about a year before Wii came out. Similarly, PS3 will continue to get good games. It's not the end of the world.

markom58

Neo Member
yoopoo said:
SONY, PLEASE:

390.gif

:lol

Agent Icebeezy

Metalmurphy said:
You missed by one moth. But even if you didn't you missed the point. What great games the 360 had before Dead Rising? Perfect Dark?... They had this huge interval with awesome games, obviously it would sell like mad. Comparing that scenario to the one the PS3 is now is not the same.

I put the wrong month, but those are Dead Rising first month totals.

Crisis said:
What the hell? Those estimates are that low because we recieved story after story about how disappointing and lackluster the PS3 sales were. And guess what? They were! Just because GAF was off by what, 20 fucking thousand? that all of a sudden means that the PS3 is beating the odds?

Jiggy

castle007 said:
It is fucking crazy how Wii Play is the second best selling game of the year!!!

It is like Wiimotes are seen as something holy! "HOLY SHIT, it comes with a wiimote?? MINE"
Well, you see, the extra cost of Wii Play is $10 over the Wiimote by itself, whereas a typical Wii game is $50, so you should cut Wii Play's sales by 80% to get a more accurate figure, which is 600,000.

/spinspinspin

Top Bottom