• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

Kittonwy

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
It kinda shocks me that Sony was not able to engineer a PS3 God of War onto the shelves yet, or even in the near future. That to me just stinks of total fuck-up and another golden opportunity squandered.

God of War 1 = RELEASED IN MARCH 2005

WTF SANTA MONICA? Way to go screwing your parent company over with the whole "we're happy as long as OUR game sells, let everybody else try to build that userbase that we'll take advantage of down the line" mentality.

Mojovonio

Banned
PistolGrip said:
just to let you know the 360 is a year ahead in terms of userbase. I just thought I throw that out there /rolleyes

What did Dead Rising sell in its first month of sales.... 2 years ago?

P90 said:
If MGS4 and FF XIII don't go multi-platform, Konami and S-E won't make the $$ to recoup the development cost. The PS3 just won't have the market footprint for those games to sell what they need to.
Well thats why they are holding the games back, especially FFXIII. They dont want to help Sony to sell hardware, they want to sell their games when there is a good enough hardwarebase.

Raw64life

For anyone who cares, Wii Play month-by-month...

WII PLAY W/REMOTE

February - 371K
March - 273K
April - 249K
May - 227K
June - 293K
July - 278K
August - 257K
September - 282K
October - 240K
November - 564K

Total: ~3.0 million

Defuser

shintoki said:
I was thinking the same. I expect Sony to drop it again around March too. Since well, If GTA does come out then. Sony will easily have its strongest month of the year then in terms of releases(GTA, MGS4, and Home). Which can possible chance the situation a bit.
Remember MGS3 when it clash with GTA:SA? Yeah,right now Konami is doing everything to avoid the same thing.

lockload

Ynos Yrros said:
Which UK do you live in? The one on the north of mainland Europe? If so, then please stop lying.
SONY did put SOME advertising for their games (finally), but it still pales in comparison to the ammount of advertising Wii and 360 get.

There were two yes two adverts in one ad break last week on channel 4 cant remember what the program was i think it was mobile act unsigned

And dont call me a liar when i saw the adverts at least 5 times in a few hours, the advert was actually pretty good

TunaLover

Sony said:
**According to the latest Nielsen data (April – November 2007), PS2 is the most played videogame console averaging 42.2% usage minutes compared to 11.8% for Xbox 360 and 5.5% for Wii.

I love how they don't even mention the PS3 usage :lol

JB1981 said:
Aaaand you miss the point entirely.

His point was that people were gloating that uncharted didn't sell and we should all be sad about it because it's a good game.

Happens all the time. Boo hoo.

Owzers

Surfheart said:
Really happy for COD4, SMG and Ass Creed.
I feel really sorry for Rachet and Uncharted because they are awesome awesome games that deserved better.

Ratchet's demo was really pretty with bland gameplay. Jumping between train tracks wasn't fun when it was in ratchet 2, it's not fun now with better graphics.

Uncharted is an adventure game with a great story/production values/graphics/platforming but the shooting and cover system are weak. If people wanted to buy a great shooter this month, it's not Uncharted, and that portion of the game brought down the rest imo.

tehbear

CrisKre said:
True. On a lighter note, for PS3 owners like myself it is reasuring to know that Sonys 1st party efforts in the pst 5-8 years have upped in quality significantly and are among the best in the industry. So the situation is not unlike gamecube's in many regards (this time ther e will be more 3rd party vs. gamecube's nintendo games being more popular than sony's ps3 maybe).

It's not that bad for now, but the trend is those kind of games will be fewer and fewer until one of them can demonstrate a turnaround. Not all of them need to be big time HD affairs with AC/CoD4 sales, but they need sequel-worthy numbers. If you happen to like Uncharted, this tells you even if Sony continues to be content losing money, it certainly doesn't encourage other devs to try similar things. Honestly, with the LBP delay, there's nothing big on the horizon. It'll be a boring few months.

Pretty much what I expected all round WOW @ DS though!) except for one thing, WTF happened to GH3 360?! The PS2 and Wii versions rocketed up to heaven and the 360 version vanished! (Yeah I know it`s probably Rock Band`s doing but still, wow!)

Also WHY THE HELL HAVEN`T FIRE EMBLEM`S NUMBERS BEEN POSTED YET?!!!

kbear

Kittonwy said:
Sony could have had God of War 2 on the PS3 but Santa Monica decided to put it on the PS2, and they could have started back in March 05, way before Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Sucker Punch even released their last PS2 games. Worst fucking mistake as a console maker on the first-party software side and a fucking slap in the face for early adopters especially when eventually Santa Monica will have to appeal to some of us to buy their fucking game.
Indifferent2.gif
Good point.. they should've just put GoW2 on PS3.

Hunter D

Sony needs a game with FF7 and GT1 level hype and GT3 word of mouth next year if they want to compete. They basically need their own Super Mario Bros. at this point.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Raw64life said:
360 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION (CORP) NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 1 1.57 million
WII SUPER MARIO GALAXY NINTENDO OF AMERICA NOV 2007 EVERYONE (E) 2 1.12 million
360 ASSASSIN'S CREED UBISOFT NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 3 980K
PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 967K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA FEB 2007 EVERYONE (E) 5 564K
360 MASS EFFECT MICROSOFT (CORP) NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 6 473K
PS3 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION (CORP) NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 7 444K
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 8 426K
360 HALO 3 MICROSOFT (CORP) SEP 2007 MATURE (M) 9 387K
PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED UBISOFT NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 10 377K

-----

360 ROCK BAND (T) 312K

WII MARIO AND SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (E) 330K
WII WII ZAPPER W/ LINK'S CROSSBOW TRAINING (E) 232K
WII LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE TRILOGY (E) 180K
WII HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL (E) 180K
WII RESIDENT EVIL UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (M) 120K
WII MANHUNT 2 (M) 19K

PS3 UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE (T) 117K
PS3 RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE (T) 66K
PS3 ROCK BAND (T) 70K

PC CRYSIS (M) 87K
PC UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 (M) 34K

-----

Rough LTDs

360 HALO 3 - ~4.1 million

PS3 RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE - ~140K

PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK - ~1.5 million

WII WII PLAY W/REMOTE - ~3.0 million
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK - ~710K
WII METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION - ~500K
WII ZACK & WIKI QUEST FOR BARBARO'S TREASURE - ~35K

I wonder what the top 20 would look like... there seem to be a lot of wii titles up there

GhaleonEB

Liara T'Soni said:
Lets hope. I'm trying to see this thing do 2 mill at least. I would love for it to blow up like Gears or something, but, I guess it's just too rpg'ed. Either way, it should beat Oblivion at least.
I don't think it will do that (Gears or Oblivion) but it will do very well. I'm interested to see how it fares in December.

Crisis

Banned
PS3 did a lot better than 99% of the trolls in this thread are making it out to be. To the people talking about third party exclusives jumping, the only 2 titles that PS3 has in the top 10 are third party games from Activision. Even Uncharted and Ratchet didn't make it in there. All of the consoles did quite well and the trolls are fucking pathetic.

Frillen

oo Kosma oo said:
Frillen you and your kind really sicken me, you're such a freaking fanboy you just love to see a good game fail. Really disgusting shit. Do you see anyboy laughing at the Zack & Wiki numbers? No. You know why? Because everyone wanted it to succeed, as it was a good game.

Shit you may be right, I'm not a fan so I ordered MGS2 and 3 for the story before 4 hits.

I'm not laughing at Ratchet's performance but of the people last month with the lame "It was only for xx days" excuse.

crbowen

Raw64life said:
For anyone who cares, Wii Play month-by-month...

WII PLAY W/REMOTE

February - 371K
March - 273K
April - 249K
May - 227K
June - 293K
July - 278K
August - 257K
September - 282K
October - 240K
November - 564K

Total: ~3.0 million

I still can't understand why Nintendo didn't have this at the launch of the Wii.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Plz tell me we are gonna get GBA numbers...also Pokemon LTD would be nice, to continue the numbers from last month

sillymonkey321 said:
Uncharted is an adventure game with a great story/production values/graphics/platforming but the shooting and cover system are weak.

What? It's probably the deepest and most functional cover fire system so far, including one move that allows for fire while hanging over a ledge.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Metalmurphy said:
Nothing on your post says its US only though.

Well, besides the fact that this is a sales thread about NPD data... and besides the fact that my post says "non-leaked" data and ChartTrack doesn't give out any data.

kbear

sillymonkey321 said:
Uncharted is an adventure game with a great story/production values/graphics/platforming but the shooting and cover system are weak. If people wanted to buy a great shooter this month, it's not Uncharted, and that portion of the game brought down the rest imo.
You couldn't be more wrong. Uncharted's shooting and cover system work great. Better than Gears.

jett

D-Member
Only thing I have to say is that PS3 owners are a fucking disgrace. Wii owners are better gamers than you fuckers. That's it.

mr stroke

Shamrock said:
Worst part for Epic is they probably fucked themselves over on the 360 cash cow also. For whatever reason games that are ported later never really sell well. GTA, MGS, Half Life 2, FEAR, etc. All games that end up getting the port 3-12 months later are never chart busters.

So basically Epic is screwed on PC, they are screwed on PS3 because they don't buy games, and the one platform that sell's ungodly amounts of games they decided to screw over and piss off their userbase by releasing on PC/PS3 first.

+1

Mark Rein is jumping off a bridge right now for not doing PS3/360/PC release together

VALIS

jetjevons said:
UT3 - 34K
Crysis - 90K

Congratulations pirates! You've just killed non-subscription based, non-casual PC gaming!

Yeah, that's definitely being overlooked in all the console warz here. Big time PC gaming is on its deathbed. :( It's gonna be mostly MMOs and Popcap type stuff from here on.

Tiktaalik

I know UT3 was a horrible bomb, but aren't those Crysis sales decent considering how hardcore of a system you need to have to run it? I feel like the huge majority of GAF isn't even looking at Crysis because they know they're system would never be able to run it well. I know GAF isn't a big PC game forum, but still.

Loudninja

Crisis said:
PS3 did a lot better than 99% of the trolls in this thread are making it out to be. To the people talking about third party exclusives jumping, the only 2 titles that PS3 has in the top 10 are third party games from Activision. Even Uncharted and Ratchet didn't make it in there. All of the consoles did quite well and the trolls are fucking pathetic.

Agreed, its funny how it surpass neogaf numbers yet people still troll.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AltogetherAndrews said:
Do these market failures seriously make you laugh? That's kind of weird.
I read that as he's laughing at the diehard fanboys claiming the sales were due to the amount of time it had to chart.

castle007

Banned
It is fucking crazy how Wii Play is the second best selling game of the year!!!

It is like Wiimotes are seen as something holy! "HOLY SHIT, it comes with a wiimote?? MINE"

Top Bottom