• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

FoneBone

ShockingAlberto said:
So is Farnham an agreed upon joke character and I missed the thread where this is established a la Astrolad or is he a dude who basically bases his entire life on spinning anything toward Nintendo failure
Farnham is both a wii troll and a Wii fanboy with a massive persecution complex, depending on when you catch him.

FrankT

Kinect;

"The Xbox 360 Kinect was the best-selling accessory item in November. With one month of sales, it's the top-selling accessory item in terms of dollar sales on a year-to-date basis."

gerg

Calamachino said:
People expected a Kinect launch title to outsell a game on a platform with a large established user base?

People, for some reason, consider Just Dance 2 to be a badly-designed game. It may not be what some people want out of a dancing game, but it is not badly designed and is successful in the areas in which Dance Central is quite lacking.

DMeisterJ

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Only took 112 posts.

Normally I 100% agree with this sentiment, but GT is a series that has historically sold over longer periods of time relative to it's opening number. I'm not saying it will continue to chart in the coming months, but that's generally what happens, so I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach to GT5.

People expected GT 5 to chart high ?
It had 3 days of sales and hardly anyone knew it was even coming out .
Still GT 5 is one of Sony biggest fuck up this gen .

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jamesinclair said:
Activision just decided that they need 7 CoD titles for next November

they should step it up and start doing bi-annual releases, I bet they could get away with it

"The Xbox 360 Kinect was the best-selling accessory item in November. With one month of sales, it's the top-selling accessory item in terms of dollar sales on a year-to-date basis."

so something finally topped those damn Xbox Live cards?

farnham

Banned
gerg said:
People, for some reason, consider Just Dance 2 to be a badly-designed game. It may not be what some people want out of a dancing game, but it is not badly designed and is successful in the areas in which Dance Central is quite lacking.
didnt just dance 2 get quite favorable reviews (ign 8.0 or something like that ?)

Jex

So I guess Nintendo are finished, right?

Great, great sales from them. I can't believe there are still people without a DS or Wii.

Road said:
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...es-record-setting-november-video-game-sales/1

The latest installment in the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops had a record-setting launch in November selling 8.4 million copies in the U.S.,

:lol :lol
mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

In other news, woot for DKCR charting. And yeah Wii being under by 200k is not that big a deal. I expected a bit more with the kinect launch, but these number don't include peripherals soooooo. And Grand Lolismo coming in after NFSHP is priceless. Arcade racers are BACK, baby!

legend166

The gaming populace just cried out in unison:

Infinity who?

I feel bad for contributing to those BLOPS numbers (well, I bought it off D2D so maybe I didn't). Played around three of the single player levels and a couple hours of multiplayer and haven't touched it since.

Frillen

gundamkyoukai said:

:lol :lol :lol

Stop it already.

gerg

farnham said:
didnt just dance 2 get quite favorable reviews (ign 8.0 or something like that ?)

Indeed, and those have been deserved.

I'm referring to GAF in my statements, if that's not clear.

Jtyettis said:
"The Xbox 360 Kinect was the best-selling accessory item in November. With one month of sales, it's the top-selling accessory item in terms of dollar sales on a year-to-date basis.";

Yes, well being the top-selling accessory in terms of dollar sales is a touch easier when it costs $150 ;-)

EDIT:

...and I do wonder quite how much the explosive sales of the 360 this month can be attributed to the monstrous launch of Blops and how much to Kinect...

antonz

gundamkyoukai said:

Oh please. Hardcore gamers frontload the fuck out out of titles and anyone who cared about GT5 knew when it was coming out.

farnham

Banned
hamchan said:
This is the worst thing this month, Fable 3 is the worst in the series.
this makes me so sad

i quite enjoyed fable 2 and so i wanted to try out fable 1 and 3 sometimes

now i guess ill just stick to fable 1 on pc or something

Pooya

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/09/november-npd-best-month-ever-for-retail-xbox/
And Microsoft (producer of the best-selling non-DS console) tells us that with 1.37 million consoles sold, November 2010 was not only the biggest November ever for Xbox, it was the biggest month ever. Thanks, Kinect! Thanks, new hardware! Handhelds were actually down vs. previous years, though the DS was still the top-selling console, with the Mario red DSi XL representing the majority of sales. Nintendo said that "over 1.5 million" DS systems were sold last month.

Takao

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
You'd think that a massive five year absence might allow for a more front-loaded sales debut given all there was new, GT-wise, on the current gen system was an expensive demo a few years ago.

Not really, that's more of a detriment. The thing's last full entry was as you mentioned five years ago, and Sony didn't really push much marketing until after it launched (which isn't counted in this NPD report as it only counts 3 days of the game's release). LBP initially debuted hilariously low, and has done respectably. GT5's in a similar boat (last minute delay, and no marketing until after launch).

markatisu

(Checks NPD) Gooooo Donkey Kong :D

And Wii still selling truckloads even near the end

Surprised we did not see any Kinect games, figured with the spur of 360 sales we would

gerg said:

Design isn't the issue. Both are highly regarded games, but expecting Dance Central to outsell Just Dance 2 is crazy at this point, especially since the platform that is required to play Dance Central was just released.

apana

Donkey Kong Country had a strong opening. I think the game will reach 8 million lifetime and hold steady on the charts for a while.

I'm glad that Donkey Kong Country Returns did better than Gran Turismo 5, but it still lost to Just Dance 2. :\

Ouch at those PS3 numbers. There were some good bundles this year too.

Top Bottom