• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

clashfan

Takao said:
Not really, that's more of a detriment. The thing's last full entry was as you mentioned five years ago, and Sony didn't really push much marketing until after it launched (which isn't counted in this NPD report as it only counts 3 days of the game's release). LBP initially debuted hilariously low, and has done respectably. GT5's in a similar boat (last minute delay, and no marketing until after launch).

you spin me round round round...

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
# Xbox 360 is the only console to show double digit year-to-date growth at 42%, making it the fastest-growing console in 2010. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)

Since the Wii and DS are down I guess this means that the PS3 and/or the PSP has single digit growth (would be funny if it is the PSP). Hopefully we can get somehting a lot more concrete than that in the near future.

edit: PS3 number are out and it doesn't make sense for the PSP to be up. Just strangely worded PR.

farnham

Banned
ninj4junpei said:
I'm glad that Donkey Kong Country Returns did better than Gran Turismo 5, but it still lost to Just Dance 2. :\
was michael jackson the experience out in the november npd period ?

Dragon

Banned
V_Ben said:
Don't know where you pulled the PS3 thing from. Article makes no mention of PS3 figures, other than Sony hasn't disclosed them.

It says it right in the article dude.

Bloomberg said:
Sony Corp.’s PS3 sales fell 25 percent to 530,000 units from a year earlier, when the company cut prices, Morgan Stanley said, citing NPD data.

Horrible sales.

Elios83

OMG PS3 bombed completely in the US this November (and people think that they won't open to mass market price asap :lol ).

530k? I just had a discussion today with a chap in another thread about the sales driving potential of GT5 and possible PS3 sales, and this kind of backs up my position :)

onipex

The new NPD just takes the joy out of it.

I said wow when I saw the 360 beat the Wii. The Wii lost a holiday month. If the Wii can hold 80% of last years Dec. numbers some how then it will still do ok. Not looking like that will happen though.

GT5 lower than DCKR is a shock. DKCR was out 3 days longer?

NHale

DuckRacer said:
Modern Warfare 2 first month: 6.07 million
Blops first month: 8.4 million

Good grief.

That should shut up everyone that says the Infinity Ward logo in the box means anything in terms of sales. What matters is Call of Duty name + modern setting + marketing.

I know it's been a while but we really need to get this thing updated ASAP:
PS3chalkboard.png

Kusagari

This momentum by MS is unprecedented. I never believed they could beat Wii in Nov and then they go out and not only beat Wii but barely come in below DS. Fucking insane. You have got to hand it to MS. They have left Sony in the dust in America.

Paracelsus said:
Sony already re-reached the point where either they slash again price or it's fucked.

Yeah, the fact that all you could find was the $199 360 (which I scooped) during November, and the fact that it was the system that had all the bundles tied to it definitely helped 360 just completely dominate the month.

Frillen said:
:lol :lol :lol

Stop it already.

What ??
It true unless you were on message board like us almost everyone i knew said fuck it after the last delay .
Plus it not like GT 4 did big numbers first month anyway.

fernoca

BattleMonkey said:
Well helps that it's also the most expensive accessory by a long shot
Cosmonaut X said:
Yes, well being the top-selling accessory in terms of dollar sales is a touch easier when it costs $150 ;-)
The wording is weird. But it implies that it is the top selling accessory this month (positioning) and in just one month it became the top selling accessory of the year in terms of money.

The 1600 MS Points has like always been the top selling accessory and those costs $20, so something that costs $150 outselling those for 1 month is kinda surprising; money wise year to date is not. :p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
has the "it only had a few days" argument ever been validated?

just curious

NWS Natural said:
I know it's been a while but we really need to get this thing updated ASAP:

just add NOTHING and it's complete

farnham

Banned
what happened to GT..?

it was such a big franchise. then suddenly GT PSP was not comming out forever until last year. and then it was ignored. GT 5 was anticipated by every PS3 owner and it has been getting good but not superb reviews...

Road

V_Ben said:
Don't know where you pulled the PS3 thing from. Article makes no mention of PS3 figures, other than Sony hasn't disclosed them.

Edit: Huh, I clicked the link again, it took me to a different page. Holy crap Sony, cut that damn price, or do something :lol
Sorry for the stealth edit. =P

I had put the wrong link first.

Mrbob

530K? That is almost laugh worthy bad by comparison with the competition.

Anecdotal from Best Buy, but I could see this being the case. There were two huge stacks in outside the game aisle. Xbox 360 was wiped out. There were a handful of 4gb, 4gb kinect, and a couple 250gb system only left. PS3 on the other hand had a ton of Move bundles, 160gb system, and a 160GB GT5 bundle system sitting untouched.

WrikaWrek

Banned
That's a fucking homerun for the Xbox 360 right there, goddaaaiiimn son.

Ps3 sold 530k? Really?

Somebody was left out cold when the party was goin on son

Empty

oh dear sony. they are going to regret letting so many games slip to next year. their fall lineup was dire given how audience specific gt5 is and all their mistakes with that.

Sipowicz

Banned
one of the funniest things is that pachter thinks the DS is dead

that's right, the best selling videogame system in america is dead according to an american analyst. it boggles the mind

farnham

Banned
FoneBone said:
yes, but only for a few days
maybe thatll do some numbers with the new album comming out soon
Sipowicz said:
one of the funniest things is that pachter thinks the DS is dead

that's right, the best selling videogame system in america is dead according to an american analyst. it boggles the mind
pachter also said that nintendo betrayed the investors not following him and releasing wii hd or something like that.

legend166 said:
Wii is actually up year on year?

Farnham just untied the noose around his neck.

it may have been up yoy but the fact is that its not the dominant system anymore. not in NA and not in japan (who knows what happens in europe). and that comming from the biggest december in history leading up to a very solid lineup.

Top Bottom