• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRA TV: If Black Lives Matters "succeeds," white families be tortured and killed.

"Black Lives Matter Response - The Black Lives Matter movement began as a way to shed light on what they saw as the unjustified killings of black men by police officers. Millions of dollars from liberal organizations and billionaires like George Soros later, they're attacking the NRA and taking on extreme leftist issues that have nothing to do with the original purpose of #BlackLivesMatter. So Colion Noir asks them: What are you really fighting for?"

no thanks

*bell ringing*
SOROS MENTION!
DRINK!

*bell ringing*
SOROS MENTION!
DRINK!

yep

and

"extreme leftist" as if the majority of this country doesn't support expanded gun control

the NRA is pretty effective at making it seem like something that's supported by I think ~86% of Americans is a radical leftist policy

also I could be reading too much in to it but "what they saw as unjustified killings" may be taking a stance against their "original purpose".

Karkador

Banned
"Black Lives Matter Response - The Black Lives Matter movement began as a way to shed light on what they saw as the unjustified killings of black men by police officers. Millions of dollars from liberal organizations and billionaires like George Soros later, they're attacking the NRA and taking on extreme leftist issues that have nothing to do with the original purpose of #BlackLivesMatter. So Colion Noir asks them: What are you really fighting for?"

no thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the NRA pick the fight with BLM first?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Can you taste that fear?
How do these fuckers even get up every morning and go outside? Oh, that's right...with their guns. Their last illusion of fake reassurance.

Deepwater

Most of white America was for gun control until black panthers started open carrying in major cities across the country. Then white people started clutching their pearls and the narrative switched.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the NRA pick the fight with BLM first?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Bunch of racist white gun owners feeling threatened by a black movement that wants to focus on gun murders by police officers? They couldn't ask for a more perfect target for their demographic.

VariantX

Funny how any times minorities organize and wants to be seen as human, people lose their damn minds and think black people are going to come drag them out of their houses on some reverse turner dairies shit.

The money must be good

Because some of them, in the back of their minds believe that payback is due for all the shit minorities had to endure in the past under the american system. Slavery, segregation, discrimination, lynchings and murders, hell even unethical experimentation. In reality all minorities want is to be able to start at the same starting line white people get to start at.

FyreWulff

Wasn't the NRA formed almost immediately after the US labeled the KKK a terrorist organization?

The NRA used to be a sportsmen org

"Karl Frederick, NRA President in 1934, during congressional NFA hearings testified "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I seldom carry one. ... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses."

Then the 70s coup happened and they became a gun manufacturer lobbyist group

you can basicaly treat <1977 NRA and >1977 NRA as separate groups that only share a name

"Karl Frederick, NRA President in 1934, during congressional NFA hearings testified "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I seldom carry one. ... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses."

you can basicaly treat <1977 NRA and >1977 NRA as separate groups that only share a name

Christ I wish it would turn back into the sportsman org it was.

FyreWulff

Christ I wish it would turn back into the sportsman org it was.

it literally was a coup too, the NRA was actually about to move to Colorado to focus on the sportsman aspect and get out of the lobbyist game, and the board / etc were overthrown in the convention that was going to be the vote that made the move official. The overthrowers kept the NRA in DC and started ripping out all the sportsmen stuff.

Socreges

Banned
In 50 years demographics will have shifted, whites will constitute a smaller portion of the population, and the NRA will have to begin appealing to minorities! &#128515;

Is there a reason why an organisation like the NRA can literally be controlling the GOP in plain sight and enough people not be upset enough that maybe they should stop it?

it literally was a coup too, the NRA was actually about to move to Colorado to focus on the sportsman aspect and get out of the lobbyist game, and the board / etc were overthrown in the meeting that was going to be the vote that made the move official. The overthrowers kept the NRA in DC and started ripping out all the sportsmen stuff

Yup. And I mean the NRA has it on lock for this generation. But it won't forever. Sentiments are shifting. And unfortunately (or fortunately depending on perspective) when the time comes to sit down and actually craft policy they're going to relegate themselves out of the conversation because of antics they're engaged in now. Do I support confiscation? No. And I never will. The US will never be Australia where there will be a mass purge of legal weapons.

But I do believe in a smarter and better system of checks and balances to keep guns out of criminal and unstable hands. And it'll happen in time.

Is there a reason why an organisation like the NRA can literally be controlling the GOP in plain sight and enough people not be upset enough that maybe they should stop it?

The people with the power to change the GOP seem fine with the direction the GOP is going. This is just another part of that.

LakeEarth

That one sign. Basically "Racism was almost dead until a black guy had the audacity to become President", sure sounds like it was almost dead there.

Christian

Took this just south of Pittsburgh.

IMG_20170711_083009448_2.jpg

Where is this, precisely?

Good article on the history of the NRA, as a few have said they were a pretty pro-gun control, sportsman lobby until 1977 when a mixture of the race riots, rural America vs urban America on gun laws, gun dealers, and libertarians took over the NRA.
http://www.salon.com/2013/01/14/the_nra_once_supported_gun_control/

Deepwater

I always believed that arming minorities is the quickest way to enact comprehensive gun control legislation.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/14/the_nra_once_supported_gun_control/

But no new federal gun control laws came until 1968. The assassinations of civil rights leader Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy were the tipping point, coming after several summers of race-related riots in American cities. The nation’s white political elite feared that violence was too prevalent and there were too many people—especially urban Black nationalists—with access to guns. In May 1967, two dozen Black Panther Party members walked into the California Statehouse carrying rifles to protest a gun-control bill, prompting then-Gov. Ronald Reagan to comment, “There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

More racial device. More people buy guns.

More school shootings. More guns.

More terrorists. More GUNS.

MORE GUNS. MORE MONEY. FUCK YEAH.

PS: Leftists, time to be pro-gun because MORE MONEY.

Mammoth something or another if i recall. He probably chuckles to himself as he's grateful to the NRA for the discount on ammo.

Still salty eh? Stay mad I guess? Haven't had time to hit the range as much since the kid was born &#128553;.

Nothing about the NRA shocks me anymore than anything else about America shocks me.

NRA is in bed with Russia as well.

I am sure it has nothing to do with sanctions preventing importing of Russian made guns into the US.

No sir.

So I wonder what the response would be if gun sales for blacks suddenly skyrocketed? Are they going to convince their white members to go to war with us?

Verelios

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the NRA is a garbage organization run by garbage people with a garbage agenda pushing garbage propaganda
The worst part is that a lot of people are going to be shoveling this garbage into their mouths without question.

ResoRai

Man, these people are fuckin dumb.
Historically, White people have had this fear and argument that Black people would do the same to them as they did to Blacks.

When in reality, Blacks just want to be left alone with no impediments in their way in living their lives.
Man, these people are really fuckin dumb. Seriously, yeah all throughout history all we've been saying is we want equality. We just want to live our lives. And these motherfuckers are still scared.

Top Bottom