• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRS reveals Cyborg/Nightwing for Injustice Gods Among Us (maybe more at Comic-Con)

Gartooth

When Ed Boon was asked about Lobo in MK vs DC, Boon admitted he didn't know who Lobo was. I hope that's been corrected now!

Also, what about HAWKMAN?

Lobo is definitely the kind of character I think NRS would love to put in the game, wouldn't be surprised to see him show up.

Also about Hawkman...

207804417_3e1e524066.jpg

shaowebb

Man, after rewatching and looking over Nightwing's ax kick I gotta say that move is gonna bring the salt. It is ridiculously fast. It looks like it goes up to the top of the screen then out and ground plants them. Basically a super fast move that comes straight down from the top of the screen. This thing is gonna anger a lot of jump in attempts trying to get past his ground electric spark move if it gets good priority as it will stuff them. God help them if he can follow it up with anything serious. Looks like it has recovery problems though so it shouldn't be that bad. Just a good counter move.

EDIT:

HOLY!!! Go to 6:34 on the gamespot vid NOW. Cyborg uses his heal move and watch his health bar...that thing is ridiculously fast! Its like X-factor level healing. O_O

I'll see you all at top tier BOOYA!

DOUBLE EDIT:

Checked again and it was fast once it kicked in but startup on this is huge and it didn't seem like it could be ended without recovery easily. If its normal or super cancelable it might be more useful but that startup guarantees its punishable. Pray Cyborg doesn't have a stun inducing move. If he gets that he will be able to heal as well as be a reset monster with those bombs.

I wouldnt mind if its either Hawkman or Hawkgirl (just to have more females) but I would prefer Hawkman. If one of those (and only one) make in in I'll be happy.

shaowebb

Here is a picture of about 6:34 when Cyborg heals himself. He grapples, Ziplines out to full screen and goes into this and recovers health quick. If this game has dizzies this could be a pain, but other wise he looked like he got punished for it pretty easily. A fast projectile even at full screen seems to screw with this tactic.

If dizzies are in or if he can get a stun watch out though.

G3sD8.jpg

Gartooth

So let me get this straight, Cyborg is a brawler with great projectiles, is able to grapple around the stage quickly, and can heal himself.

If zoning is a viable strategy in this game he will turn out great.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I third Booster Gold showing up to be this game's Johnny Cage. I easily see him as the kind of ego that would tattoo his own name to his chest :D

EoUIW.jpg

Aw hell yeah. I love Booster Gold. He better have a super that involves Rip Hunter taking him back in time.

shaowebb

So let me get this straight, Cyborg is a brawler with great projectiles, is able to grapple around the stage quickly, and can heal himself.

If zoning is a viable strategy in this game he will turn out great.

And then some. Near the end I see him succesfully missile the floor on a guy across the screen and link it to hit with his blaster shot at the same time of impact.

Its at 9:18 near the end. He combos, launchers him and while he's in air pops the floor across the screen where he'll land and then shoots the blaster and they hit at the same time. If that is an unblockable this will be useful. Either way even if its not that will be hard to deal with. Plus his hyper looks sooooo good and has that dash punch thats quick to set up the hit confirm.

8Bd88.jpg

Khezu

Its at 9:18 near the end. He combos, launchers him and while he's in air pops the floor across the screen where he'll land and then shoots the blaster and they hit at the same time. If that is an unblockable this will be useful. Either way even if its not that will be hard to deal with. Plus his hyper looks sooooo good and has that dash punch thats quick to set up the hit confirm.

It reminds me of cyrax's bombs, which are very unblockable. Pretty easy to avoid, but they can annoy your opponent and you can create some neat setups with them.

shaowebb

It reminds me of cyrax's bombs, which are very unblockable. Pretty easy to avoid, but they can annoy your opponent and you can create some neat setups with them.

At the very end before he KO's flash he sets up bombs and then when flash moves forward to avoid them he ends up screwing up and backing into them. The part that caught me is they blew him TOWARDS Cyborg when they hit and not straight up or away. These things might knock them the opposite direction of where ever they hit. If so I can see popping the long range one and then shooting blasters at them to hold them there or delaying the blaster slightly to cause them to maybe jump into the bombs if they can connect in the air too.

God Cyborg is gonna be good. I bet if he gets cornered though he is in a bad way as he looks like he has some recovery times on his stuff. Guy needs to hope he can zipline out or throw between block strings to deal with that. Not that he looks like he is gonna hurt in the rankings even if he cant. Dude looks like a contender.

Lol. Oh you...

Thores

Didn't one of the roster leaks come from someone who claimed to be working with the Teen Titans VA? That dude leaked Nightwing, Cyborg and Raven, so maybe they're all from the same agency? Just theorising.

Actually, it was a dude who apparently worked in the same building as the voice recording for IGAU. He "leaked" only Cyborg, Raven, and Deathstroke, and then explicitly said none of the other members of the Teen Titans cartoon's main cast were going to be in the game as far as he knew. The confirmation of Nightwing suggests that his information is false or at least not super reliable.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Actually, it was a dude who apparently worked in the same building as the voice recording for IGAU. He "leaked" only Cyborg, Raven, and Deathstroke, and then explicitly said none of the other members of the Teen Titans cartoon's main cast were going to be in the game as far as he knew. The confirmation of Nightwing suggests that his information is false or at least not super reliable.

Oh, okay. I should pay more attention!

Gartooth

Maybe he was deconfirming Robin showing up rather than Dick himself? (this is what I deserve for getting hyped for Raven because of a "leak")

The Adder

Banned

Nightwing wasn't a main member of the TT cast (show). He made one appearance. On top of that, this Nightwing isn't voiced by the TT Robin/Nightwing (Scott Menville), so the guy wouldn't know.

If he's correct that means Ron Perlman is voicing SOMEONE in the game, and that's awesome.

Cloudy

Banned
Game looks great and I'll probably buy it on day 1 but it's hard to get over the absurdity of a Superman/Nightwing fight lol

shaowebb

Game looks great and I'll probably buy it on day 1 but it's hard to get over the absurdity of a Superman/Nightwing fight lol

So fitting when Nightwing died on the orbital punch move...

God I hope this game has a tag mode. I'd run it like Poison Hugo with Nightwing Grundy. Looooooong Combo from Nightwing forcing them into corner, tag into Hugo and AA the dude before he drops into Chain grapple. At this rate it may be the only way to Use Grundy as he's gonna need a knife toss or something to get in on dudes.

Solomon Grundy want projectiles too!
It would be an INJUSTICE... to not have John Stewart as this game's GL rep

I say they should make each lantern a different outfit for the Green Lantern slot to please everyone. They said they were going to have lots of costumes so this'd be the biggest fan pleaser IMO. After all would you rather have orange lantern and red lantern suits for one lantern or the whole corp to pick through. It'd make mirror matches more tolerable for certain.

Khezu

:/

Does the competitive MK crowd really like unblockable setups and relaunches that much?

Cyrax doesn't really have any unblockable setups, his bombs are avoidable.
The only real problem with cyrax was his guaranteed resets, which is a bug and not an intended mechanic.

Thores

Nightwing wasn't a main member of the TT cast (show). He made one appearance. On top of that, this Nightwing isn't voiced by the TT Robin/Nightwing (Scott Menville), so the guy wouldn't know.

If he's correct that means Ron Perlman is voicing SOMEONE in the game, and that's awesome.

He specifically mentioned the characters, not the voice actors, as if he was told that information, as opposed to "I saw the voice actors for x characters at the studio". If he's basing his info off the voice actors and nothing else, then assuming Raven is playable because he recognized Tara Strong is still misinformation. As for Nightwing... I dunno, that rationalization is kind of a stretch. He's Dick Grayson. That's the same Robin that was in Teen Titans, why wouldn't you say 3 out of 5 instead of 2 out of 5 in that scenario?

sleepykyo

Cyrax doesn't really have any unblockable setups, his bombs are avoidable.
The only real problem with cyrax was his guaranteed resets, which is a bug and not an intended mechanic.

Net, close bomb, command grab, dash up 21(?). To be fair the command grab later got nerfed.

And then another relaunch combo would pop up as soon as they patched it.

The Adder

Banned
He specifically mentioned the characters, not the voice actors, as if he was told that information, as opposed to "I saw the voice actors for x characters at the studio". If he's basing his info off the voice actors and nothing else, then assuming Raven is playable because he recognized Tara Strong is still misinformation. As for Nightwing... I dunno, that rationalization is kind of a stretch. He's Dick Grayson. That's the same Robin that was in Teen Titans, why wouldn't you say 3 out of 5 instead of 2 out of 5 in that scenario?

Because not everyone's a comic fan and knows Nightwing = Dick Grayson?

Or

Because he didn't know it was Dick Grayson IN Teen Titans (Teen Titans Robin was Tim Drake in everything but name, which you only know because of the Nosyrag Kcid episode, and the fact that he became Nightwing, which you also only know from one episode).

shaowebb

Or

Because he didn't know it was Dick Grayson IN Teen Titans (Teen Titans Robin was Tim Drake in everything but name, which you only know because of the Nosyrag Kcid episode, and the fact that he became Nightwing, which you also only know from one episode).

Teen Titans Robin had a thing with Starfire and that was Dick Grayson as a dead give away. They get closure on that in the Trouble in Tokyo movie BTW.

Or

wasn't there an episode where they went into Robin's mind and saw circus performers?

shaowebb

wasn't there an episode where they went into Robin's mind and saw circus performers?

Yes. Also they had him say the "I have a father" line and bats flew by. Batman was Dick's adopted fatherand father figure, but Tim had a father. Later he was adopted too, but Batman is not a father figure to Tim so much as a role model and mentor.

Lots of Dick Grayson dead give aways were all through out that series.

Khezu

Net, close bomb, command grab, dash up 21(?). To be fair the command grab later got nerfed.

And then another relaunch combo would pop up as soon as they patched it.

Man I miss the bomb trap, I still think they over nerfed it, all they had to do was fix the tech window on his command grab and it would have been fine.

As long Cyborg doesn't have any kind of "stun" move, then his bombs should be fine, as that's kinda what cause cyrax to be stupid.

Gartooth

Maybe it is for balance reasons or whatever, but it is strange that Grundy can't use knives as a projectile considering he can pull them out of his back for other attacks.

The Adder

Banned
Teen Titans Robin had a thing with Starfire and that was Dick Grayson as a dead give away. They get closure on that in the Trouble in Tokyo movie BTW.

Granted. (Counter-point: Dick in Young Justice is kind of chilling with Tim's team, save for Wally.)

If so, I did not see it. But consider me corrected.

He was Tim in everything that wouldn't be considered cool about Dick. Most of which are the most immediate on-sight indicators of which Robin is which.

Yes. Also they had him say the "I have a father" line and bats flew by. Batman was Dick's adopted fatherand father figure, but Tim had a father. Later he was adopted too, but Batman is not a father figure to Tim so much as a role model and mentor.

This is actually inaccurate, as Tim very much considers Bruce a father. As far as he's concerned he's had 4 parents in his life. Just read the later parts of his Robin series or all of Red Robin.

Thores

Or

This is possible, but kind of enters grasping at straws territory at this point. For me it's easier to believe that maybe a stranger on the internet that claims to have insider information, which is then shown to be inaccurate later, possibly (GASP) wasn't telling the truth.

Really, I wouldn't worry too much about it either way. Deathstroke is going to be in the game whether the leak's true or not, and Raven isn't quite as obvious but I can still see her happening since she'd be a great fit.

The Adder

Banned
This is possible, but kind of enters grasping at straws territory at this point. For me it's easier to believe that maybe a stranger on the internet that claims to have insider information, which is then shown to be inaccurate later, possibly (GASP) wasn't telling the truth.

Really, I wouldn't worry too much about it either way. Deathstroke is going to be in the game whether the leak's true or not, and Raven isn't quite as obvious but I can still see her happening since she'd be a great fit.

I'd honestly hope it wasn't true, personally. Because we're either going to get a Raven inaccurate to the comic (what's the point?) or we'll get comic Raven (blech, for a fighting game).

Top Bottom