• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRS reveals Cyborg/Nightwing for Injustice Gods Among Us (maybe more at Comic-Con)

TreIII

That'd be me. Hiya.

If the game breaks from as many MK traditions/systems as the devs say it will then yes, they absolutely need non-MK players playing and spruiking the game to the FGC--if they don't then people are just gonna assume it's more of the same, and given that most people didn't like it the first time they'll just avoid Injustice entirely.

Sup. We meet again!

Anyway, I think the following quote should adequately re-iterate the point I want to make.

While on Wakeup SRK Champ said if Injustice is MLG or gets big money then him and Shady K would try to win a big pot, then drop it and move onto "real games" (like Justin and the PDP tourney). Least he's honest about it.

I honestly wish I could say I'm "shocked and appalled" at such behavior, but I can't. It's just another extension of the kind of attitude that's been part of the FGC since time forgot.

That's why, again, it really doesn't matter how good/bad Injustice is, or what kinds of concessions may be made for the EVO crowd. They're going to ignore it anyway~! 8D

There's plenty of good games out there now, and more coming. But it won't matter if those games' individual scenes don't get organized and are ready to roll their own. Because getting support from the FGC is, too often, a fruitless exercise. KOF rising out of its relative obscurity to have a great showing at EVO a few weeks ago, is a sheer example of an exception, not the rule.

Kizer

Sup. We meet again!

Anyway, I think the following quote should adequately re-iterate the point I want to make.

I honestly wish I could say I'm "shocked and appalled" at such behavior, but I can't. It's just another extension of the kind of attitude that's been part of the FGC since time forgot.

That's why, again, it really doesn't matter how good/bad Injustice is, or what kinds of concessions may be made for the EVO crowd. They're going to ignore it anyway~! 8D

There's plenty of good games out there now, and more coming. But it won't matter if those games' individual scenes don't get organized and are ready to roll their own. Because getting support from the FGC is, too often, a fruitless exercise. KOF rising out of its relative obscurity to have a great showing at EVO a few weeks ago, is a sheer example of an exception, not the rule.

I doubt kof will get that much more popular. This always happens. People talk about making the "scene" happen. It never happens. A few people probably did buy the game after evo. Doesn't mean they will continue to play it. Hype doesn't actually seem to equate to much. Case and point in Skullgirls.

Khezu

Deathstroke (1980) is a ripoff of Deadpool (1991), didn't you know?

Even ignoring that, there basically nothing alike, ones an annoying joke character who has gotten overused to hell and back, and the other is a creepy child murderer/rapist/stalker mary sue.

NEO0MJ

Even ignoring that, there basically nothing alike, ones an annoying joke character who has gotten overused to hell and back, and the other is a creepy child murderer/rapist/stalker mary sue.

Plus, their fighting styles are completely different. Deadpool relies on distracting opponents with his talk and planning ahead while Deathstroke just plain beats you the hell up.

Kizer

Plus, their fighting styles are completely different. Deadpool relies on distracting opponents with his talk and planning ahead while Deathstroke just plain beats you the hell up.

That actually sounds more like Spider-man than Deadpool. I always figured Deadpool's deal is his unpredictability makes him hard to analyze and counter and his regeneration allows him to make all the mistakes in a fight as he pleases
unless you are reading recent deadpool stuff and he lost his regeneration...

NEO0MJ

That actually sounds more like Spider-man than Deadpool. I always figured Deadpool's deal is his unpredictability makes him hard to analyze and counter and his regeneration allows him to make all the mistakes in a fight as he pleases
unless you are reading recent deadpool stuff and he lost his regeneration...

Didn't read recent Deadpool stuff, but he always did rely on enemies underestimating him and losing their minds dealing with him.

shaowebb

The Flash vs Cyborg

Not certain if this was posted already or not, but for once a vid that is HD and doesn't have an announcer stating the facts we already know again. Not much here, but you do get to see a touch of The Flash's combo potential using his speed ability and you get to confirm that Cyborg's targeted bomb ( the shoulder missiles that shoot the ground) on connect blows your opponent toward you instead of away. This has potential uses.

Anyone notice anything else here?

Khezu

Some other cam videos, lots of Nightwing, and no Wonder Woman.

Nightwing vs Batman

Nightwing vs Cyborg

Nightwing vs Harley

Well I still have no idea what type of character Harley is supposed to be, she has the most interesting combo strings, I wonder what kind of range they have, like if you could whiff a string and hit the opponent across the screen with a gunshot normal.
The carthweel animation is not a special after all, its just her forward dash.

The Flash vs Cyborg

Not certain if this was posted already or not, but for once a vid that is HD and doesn't have an announcer stating the facts we already know again. Not much here, but you do get to see a touch of The Flash's combo potential using his speed ability and you get to confirm that Cyborg's targeted bomb ( the shoulder missiles that shoot the ground) on connect blows your opponent toward you instead of away. This has potential uses.

Anyone notice anything else here?

Oooh. Multi-level stages?

shaowebb

Looks like NRS will be at Gamescom in mid August and given their track record on releasing news on their games we likely wont see much on this game until then around the second week of August.

Till then who wants to play theory fighter? Who do you want in and what moves and playstyle would you want for them?

Get as general or as specific as you want GAF. Pick your hopefuls and what you feel they would need to come across as close to their comic counterpart as possible without going full OP on this game.

Marz

Bane. The movie just came out and everyone is exposed to the character so now would be the perfect time to build upon that with more Bane in everything. Make him powerful but fast at the same time. His "super" or whatever they're calling it could be rage mode where he gets increased damage and speed and of course his throw has to be the infamous batman backbreaker.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
- Red Hood: Already explained his fight style earlier in the thread. Dual-wielding, can juggle characters with gunshots.
- Red Robin (Tim): Has wings now so he could be the only flier of the Batman characters, but also the most gadget-based.
- Robin (Damian): Savage, ninja-like playstyle. Very evasive, but packs a punch.
- Batman (Terry): Possibilities are endless.

Khezu

2H3YV.jpg

I want them to be one character similar to Noob Smoke from MK deception.
There hero trait/Gimmick button would be tag.

Fire- Air dashes, lots of fireballs from all directions, very fast, poor defense, high juggle potential, but very unsafe.

Ice- Slow movement, poor juggles, high damage, safe normals, ice clones. Kinda similar to sub-zero, but can do actual damage.

No assist type moves, but all there EX strings and specials are tag cancelable.

Obviously share one health bar.

shaowebb

-The Ray: Fast mobility guy with a ton of zoning tools like Freddy Kreuger. Meter build gimmick (slow and punishable like Cyborg's heal) move to reflect his light absorption ability. Teleport. Invisibility. Floating walk stance and constantly bleeding energy for visual flare. Average normal speed and poke range, low combo length. Best when playing outside. Needs at least one knockback move to help push people out.

-Green Arrow: Another Zoner, but with fast normals, good poke, and a strong AA game. Boxing glove arrow HAS to make it in with somekind of bounce or hard knockdown effect. Less mobile than The Ray, but better at keeping up with folks with legit combos.

-Martian Manhunter: Good all arounder with an intangibility gimmick move that works like Joe's dodge in UMVC3. Needs a sick AA throw and some kind of shape shifting Cinematic signature.

shaowebb

If you guys had to guess a month of release what would you say?

July or August next year is my guess. I don't expect this to happen first or second quarter, but early 3rd or 4th seems reasonable to me given how much single player content NRS is wanting to throw into this and given that the sales of this game may lead NRS to getting into some non fighting game ventures afterward.

Likely scenario is they push hard to make this game all it can be in hopes of landing at least one DC franchise to do a brawler with afterwards. Justice League as a 3D beatem up by NRS could have some potential IMO.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I hope it's not that late. Q2 seems like a good bet to me.

Of course, if it really is packed with content I wouldn't have a problem waiting a bit more. I just hope they aren't dead set on cramming it into an assuredly packed Q4 just to be part of the crowed.

Khezu

I would put my money on April, just early enough for them to get into EVO if that's there goal, and April did very well for them for MK9.

Kizer

250px-Parasitesuperman.PNG

I would like the see parasite, personally. His ability to siphon energy and powers from others makes him a very real threat to even the likes of Superman. He could come with abilities of characters not seen in this game so they still end up with some level of representation, or he can steal abilities from other fighters kinda like Rogue in X-men vs Street Fighter.

Top Bottom