• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRS reveals Cyborg/Nightwing for Injustice Gods Among Us (maybe more at Comic-Con)

Gartooth

Hopefully before the game comes out NRS will release a demo ala MK9.

Edit: Blah, hate being the first post of a new page.

It was a counter super with a super freeze and closeup effect before its activation, I though everyone thought those were ass (Cammy and Fei Long)

Gartooth

Don't really care about the lose of the parry super, I'm not a big fan of those and the new one with the Batmobile is way more exciting visually than the old one.

Metalmarc

My guesses

Batman
Nightwing
Joker
Harleyquinn
Catwoman
Robin (tim drake)
Superman
Lex luthor
Deathstroke
Captain marvel
Cyborg
Flash
Green lantern
Soloman grundy
Wonder woman
Green arrow
The riddler
Aquaman or lad
Darkseid
Doomsday
Sinestro
Martian manhunter
Speedy
Black canary
Poss xantana but doubtful
Bane ( because of dk rises?)

shaowebb

cam footage of nightwing vs batman.

Batman super isn't a parry anymore, sad.

Nice. From the looks of it you should be able to chain escrima combo into a launcher with Nightwing and if they are too far away you can not only stance change into staff, but likely use ground spark to catch them if you time it right. Some of those staff normals looked pretty slow though so I'm hoping I can pop into that stance out of launchers and finish my plate with it for the cornering ability its reach will net Nightwing. Hoping to use him like Ammy in UMVC3 really...

Nightwings air mobility looks nice, but his horizontal control in that match was bad. I don't think the guy used anything other than ground spark and batarang beats that clean given the startup. I don't know if wingdings can be fired horizontal. They may be angled shots only so if this is the case Nightwing will need to play jumping games on people a lot to get in.

Batman looks slower than Nightwing, but he's still pretty fast and his stuff seems to cause decent stun so he can combo link pretty well. I'm digging the new hyper A LOT. Batmobile is sweet. Hoping he actually has 2 hypers. If so that would open a lot of stuff up for others, like maybe a hyper for each stance on stance change cast.

Also looks like Flash speeds up his normals by charging his special move. I may be wrong, but his normals looked faster and he had lightning bolts he could build up on his meter when he charged.

TreIII

Or even better

Wen1S.png

Please please please please please.

shaowebb

Credit gotes to PizzaMasta on TYM for noticing this

GRUNDY HAS A FULL SCREEN LOW LAUNCHER

This means if he isn't in blockstun and you try to zone him the guy will trade with this and cut the distance some before you get up. Also near the corner it probably means relaunch potential into his AA grab if the things hitbox isn't too high to connect it. This is a huge thing I didn't remember seeing before. I'm now not as worried about his matchups against zoning tools. It'll still be tough and costly, but he is definitely usable and scary with this tool. Plus his chain grapples give him buffs. I'm gonna try to find out if any of those buffs involve armor.

shaowebb

Nightwin vs Cyborg
Wonder Woman vs Superman
Nightwing vs Flash

Mostly just random people jumping around having no idea what to do.
Flash's win pose makes him seem like kind of a dick.

Things I made notes of in these
  • Cyborg is gonna be ridiculous. Bomb, dash up=self made mixup. Bomb covering anything is gonna be a good idea with him. He also looks to have some decent speed but slow lows. Knowing the bombs come out faster if you dont target anywhere on the ground first is big though for mixup strategies. Also he seems to have a vertical shot thats blue at around 3:30. I wonder if it does anything special or just hit vertical. Guy looks insanely good though.Does he have any weaknesses?
  • Nightwings air poke with the staff has RIDICULOUS range. Just plain huge how far he can air normal you with that. I doubt theres a follow up so jumping with it is just so you can cover space in the air longer than jump wingdings to mess with folks
  • Wonder Woman at around 30 seconds throws an air tiara up at an angle. It looks like this could lead to a full combo at full screen given it hits the top of its arc at the same distance as her lassos maximum grab range. Air tiara a jump shooting Cyborg, grab him on the way down to pull in for the combo IF theres no air recovery.
  • Flash's two footed leg sweep has good range but is WAY slow. Looks super punishable. I'm wondering if he's got any decent lows. I play Iron Fist so high low pressure from speedsters is a thing I really know you need to have. Poor Fist has so few and its looking like Flash might be in the same boat. I'll need to double check if he has a berzerker slash style go behind dash attack though. If he has that hes totally fine.
  • Superman is looking good. His laser vision is a fast OTG that cuts off the ground and leads to follow ups off air throws. He seems to have some FAST throws too and it looked like he may have an AA throw too though its too hard to tell what happened there to know if that was a reall AA. His freeze breath doesn't freeze. It causes knockback and pushes them out hard. You might be able to laser follow up if the recovery isn't too bad, but I can't tell with these players. His red mist looks cool. I need to know if it grants any armor to moves in addition to that damage.
  • Wonder Woman's lariat form looks slow but her sword form seems fast. Looks like she starts out as a fullscreen fighter with throw startups to combos and AA tiara. Once they get inside you switch to sword/shield for close quarters combat since its faster.

Not much here, but Wonder Woman and Superman was good to look at some more. Interesting stuff.

Khezu

Wow, boner city. Going to main Nightwing so hard.

I am more hyped for this than any previous non-Smash fighter, more than any fighter if you don't count Smash.

Anyone know how many characters will be in this game?

Similar to MK9, so 25-30.

Also Wonder Woman is the third character who has an anti air projectile. This is good, jumping was way to good in MK9, hopefully air normals don't have ridiculous frame advantage.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The character select screen in the demo has 24 spots. So that seems like a reasonable estimate.

24 eh? Seems a bit small but I guess it's better than the half roster of characters from MKvsDC... still, I was hoping it would allow for many more fan favorites. 24 barely covers the core JL and an accompanying villain for each hero.

Game looks pretty good but I can't get over how lame the title sounds.

Same. Warming up to it though. In general I like that DC is letting Netherrealm do their own thing, even down to the title.

KevinCow

Banned

I'm not too keen on the Gods Among Us subtitle, but I appreciate the fact that they're giving it a unique name in Injustice instead of taking the easy route and calling it DC Superheroes or DC All-Stars or Justice League Fighter or something.

I'd take it over "DC Universe's Justice League: All-Star Battle Royale" or something. The fact that the title isn't super obvious and doesn't have any company names in it makes it feel more legit than a licensed game.

shaowebb

Similar to MK9, so 25-30.

Also Wonder Woman is the third character who has an anti air projectile. This is good, jumping was way to good in MK9, hopefully air normals don't have ridiculous frame advantage.

Nightwing's jumping staff normal says hi ;P

I honestly love the title. It's different and unexpected, but can still be identified as a product of DC. Gods Among Us is rather befitting of the DC heroes and villains.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ya, I could get behind them dropping the subtitle, Injustice by itself sounds better.

Ah, but then they can't sell you Injustice: Fall of the Gods next year! Includes all DLC characters and stages at a bargain price!

I think the subtitle has a deeper meaning we just don't know what it is yet(
I think they've all been given the power of gods
).

@MUWANdo

Banned
24 eh? Seems a bit small but I guess it's better than the half roster of characters from MKvsDC... still, I was hoping it would allow for many more fan favorites. 24 barely covers the core JL and an accompanying villain for each hero.

I doubt it'll be 24 characters exactly--they've already said they want to follow up the core game with DLC more aggressively than they did with MK9, and I'm sure there'll be a few secret characters squirreled away in there somewhere, too.

Khezu

The smart thing would be to put the fan favorite random characters in the main game, and save the big super popular characters like the joker for DLC.

Joker or Swamp thing, who's gonna sell more?

I do hope we see more DLC than what was released for MK9. I'd definitely expect higher profile characters as DLC as well, though it'd be nice to see some surprises in character choices. I love Batman as much as the next person, but I don't want this game to be Batman and friends. Batman, Nightwing and Harley Quinn are more than enough and I'd rather the Joker sit this one out

The smart thing would be to put the fan favorite random characters in the main game, and save the big super popular characters like the joker for DLC.

Joker or Swamp thing, who's gonna sell more?

Is your avatar a comic character too, or original to the animation?

I've seen some bits and pieces of the show and am interested in him storywise (one of the anger based bad guys but reluctantly good as far as I saw)

Khezu

Is your avatar a comic character too, or original to the animation?

I've seen some bits and pieces of the show and am interested in him storywise (one of the anger based bad guys but reluctantly good as far as I saw)

Created for the show, I think there is a tie in comic, but its not canon with DCU at large.

Kizer

I think the title is awesome. When the game was first announced, "Gods among us" sounded like it could be a positive thing because it clearly references the heroes. After the trailer with the flag? "Gods Among Us" sound much, much more grim than before.

Created for the show, I think there is a tie in comic, but its not canon with DCU at large.

How is that show anyway? I saw the pilot episode and stopped from there because I did not like the animation. It's like they went for a Bruce Tim kinda deal but in cgi and I don't think it translated well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I do hope we see more DLC than what was released for MK9. I'd definitely expect higher profile characters as DLC as well, though it'd be nice to see some surprises in character choices. I love Batman as much as the next person, but I don't want this game to be Batman and friends. Batman, Nightwing and Harley Quinn are more than enough and I'd rather the Joker sit this one out

I hope the Batman universe dominates this game as much as Kirby and Pokemon dominate Smash. It has so many viable characters.

Kizer

I hope the Batman universe dominates this game as much as Kirby and Pokemon dominate Smash. It has so many viable characters.

Kirby and Pokemon don't dominate smash. Kirby had 3 reps and Pokemon had 4 in brawl. No series has more than 4 characters in it (Mario doesn't count since Yoshi and Wario are considered their own characters now).

And most of the batman villains aren't great fighters.They tend to just be serious crazies and often times have henchmen fight for them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kirby and Pokemon don't dominate smash. Kirby had 3 reps and Pokemon had 4 in brawl. No series has more than 4 characters in it (Mario doesn't count since Yoshi and Wario are considered their own characters now).

And most of the batman villains aren't great fighters.They tend to just be serious crazies and often times have henchmen fight for them.

I wasn't talking straight villains. I mean, heroes-wise from the Bat family alone you have:

- Batman
- Nightwing
- Robin
- Cassandra Cain
- Batgirl
- Batwoman
- Red Robin
- Red Hood
- Batwing

I have no idea why Harley is playable in this game, it really makes no sense to me. Maybe they just wanted to reach some minimum of female characters?

I think the Bat-villain I most want in this game is Lincoln March in his Court of Owls/Owlman suit. Dude would be such a boss.

Kizer

I wasn't talking straight villains. I mean, heroes-wise from the Bat family alone you have:

- Batman
- Nightwing
- Robin
- Cassandra Cain
- Batgirl
- Batwoman
- Red Robin
- Red Hood
- Batwing

I have no idea why Harley is playable in this game, it really makes no sense to me. Maybe they just wanted to reach some minimum of female characters?

I think the Bat-villain I most want in this game is Lincoln March in his Court of Owls/Owlman suit. Dude would be such a boss.

Why Harley? Because she is incredibly popular. I'll have to agree to disagree with you on the bat family though. Personally I think Batman and Nightwing are a good enough representation of them, but that is just me. Batwoman might be cool as dlc or something, but I certainly wouldn't want them to fill this game with bat characters before getting a strong inclusion from other DC series as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, I really hope they put Animal Man in.

I also would love to see what John Constantine would do.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why Harley? Because she is incredibly popular. I'll have to agree to disagree with you on the bat family though. Personally I think Batman and Nightwing are a good enough representation of them, but that is just me. Batwoman might be cool as dlc or something, but I certainly wouldn't want them to fill this game with bat characters before getting a strong inclusion from other DC series as well.

I dunno, Harley was never a good fighter. She was never a good... anything except comic relief, really. Definitely not as menacing as the Joker (who was never a good fighter either, mind.) I think she's only in for gender diversity and someone on the team probably found her Arkham City appearance hot (personally, I prefer the TAS version.)

At the very least, Batman and Nightwing are the staples I wanted. That's why I'm so excited for the game now, actually.

However, if any of that list would also be a great fit, it would be Red Hood, I feel. He's pretty different from both Batman and Nightwing, and his moves can be pretty brutal. He's basically the only "hero" in the Bat-verse that willfully kills. Plus, like Nightwing, his name and outfit aren't immediately connectable to "Batman and Robin."

(And I say all that despite wanting Tim Drake/Red Robin in more, since he's one of my favorite characters. But Red Hood is just too good a match for this game to pass up, I feel.)

Khezu

How is that show anyway? I saw the pilot episode and stopped from there because I did not like the animation. It's like they went for a Bruce Tim kinda deal but in cgi and I don't think it translated well.

Very good, I prefer it over all the other current cartoons. The CGI is kinda plain but you get used to it after an episode or two.

Hopefully red robin is an alt for nightwing, maybe even red hood, though move wise that would make little sense, but he looks cool.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure harley got in because she was going to be DLC for MK vs DC but midway died and they were never allowed to release it.

Kizer

I dunno, Harley was never a good fighter. She was never a good... anything except comic relief, really. Definitely not as menacing as the Joker (who was never a good fighter either, mind.) I think she's only in for gender diversity and someone on the team probably found her Arkham City appearance hot (personally, I prefer the TAS version.)

At the very least, Batman and Nightwing are the staples I wanted. That's why I'm so excited for the game now, actually.

However, if any of that list would also be a great fit, it would be Red Hood, I feel. He's pretty different from both Batman and Nightwing, and his moves can be pretty brutal. He's basically the only "hero" in the Bat-verse that willfully kills. Plus, like Nightwing, his name and outfit aren't immediately connectable to "Batman and Robin."

(And I say all that despite wanting Tim Drake/Red Robin in more, since he's one of my favorite characters. But Red Hood is just too good a match for this game to pass up, I feel.)

I really don't think they added Harley for gender because they literally have hundreds of girls to choose from who are very capable fighters. Both she and Joker are here for popularity. Also Harley can make for a character who goes past comic relief as well. As all characters, no matter how popular, it comes down to the ability of the writer and sometimes the ability of the artist. Though you are correct that both Harley and Joker aren't good fighters in the sense of hand to hand combat. Unless Harley got better at it in the new 52 or something. I don't read suicide squad. She does have a thing for large weapons though.

I think we are more likely to get Deathstroke than Red Hood. I feel like they would ultimately fight the same or at the very least use the same weapons.

Top Bottom