• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces Geforce GTX 10 Series - GTX1080 - $599 - May 27th, GTX1070 = $379

King_Moc

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0AoYSH01g

Watch the videos that have been posted. It sounds far less nefarious when you hear what the actual plan is. Yes it is possible that the "Founders Edition" is the only one that may be available on the 27th. It is yet to be seen how these manufacturers will take advantage of the extra $100 price space, but I'd find it hard to believe if there wasn't something that came in at that price point. The news will start to trickle out as to who is doing what when over the next couple of days/weeks. I am sure by the 17th, we'll have all the benchmarks and everyone will be informed on what cards are releasing and when.

Just hold tight. That's all we can do right now.

Of course it sounds less nefarious, he started with "Nividia flew us out, gave us the whole Texas experience and took us to a nightclub".

Zojirushi

They are coming from Nvidia, but they aren't the ones manufacturing the 599 card. It's basically a MAP price. They haven't come out and said that, but that's kinda what it is. Basically it means that Nvidia is allowing companies to sell "their"(as in not the reference) GPU as low as 599. When Apple Laptops come out, they don't allow retailers to sell them for whatever they want. Best Buy can't list it as a doorbuster for $100. There is an MSRP, which is suggested retail and a MAP price, which is as low as they're allowed to advertise it. It seems like this is what Nvidia is doing. They think "their"(Founders Edition) card is worth $699, so that's where they are selling it. If their partners want to have their own design, and sell it for $599, great. That's on the manufacturer to cut costs and sell it for $599.

Now if it comes out that Nvidia is charging their partners to the point that it's financially impossible to release a card at $599, then we can grab the pitchforks. Nvidia believes that their "Founders Card" is worth $699. Not because it could possibly be the only card on the market, but that's what they think it is worth. Now the partners can have their AC+ Kingpin edition, or whatever, at $750, $799, or 599 or whatever they want to price it at. They also have the option to come out and throw a cheap fan on it and sell it for $599.

It's not likely you will see one of those wizzbang OC+ mega superclock cards coming out at $599. Their partners will release them based on the standard that Nvidia has set at $699 (so they'll be better....more expensive).

Also, in one of JaytwoCentz videos he says that he has reviews coming soon from all the board partners. So take from that what you will, they could all be "Founders Cards" or something else, but it seems like he has them currently.

Well fuck. We won't see a single card being sold for 599$ will we?

Well fuck. We won't see a single card being sold for 599$ will we?

A lot of people don't think so, but I think someone is going to step in and put something at that price point. You are leaving sales off the table if you don't. Like I said, if Nvidia is charging these partners out of the ability to hit that price point, then let's be pissed at Nvidia. At this point, it seems as though it's on these partners to step up and get something at $599. I don't think you are going to see mind blowing superclocks or anything like that at this price point tho.

Hasney

A lot of people don't think so, but I think someone is going to step in and put something at that price point. You are leaving sales off the table if you don't. Like I said, if Nvidia is charging these partners out of the ability to hit that price point, then let's be pissed at Nvidia. At this point, it seems as though it's on these partners to step up and get something at $599. I don't think you are going to see mind blowing superclocks or anything like that at this price point tho.

Yeah, I don't think we'll see a sudden drop to that price if they're selling at founders prices, especially if chips are in short supply. but they'll get down there since the chips have the wiggle room to have a after-market price war.

Quick question for the i7 crowd. The chips are notorious for providing a smoother experience while gaming. Does this hold true after years of use ? I want to buy an i7-6700K to go along my G-Sync monitor and I firmly intend to use them for a few years (since they add up to a lot of money).

The Product manager from evga tweeted

See! Let's all be negative when we have a reason to. This could be a pretty exciting few weeks. We'll explode on Nvidia if/when we need to.

Quick question for the i7 crowd. The chips are notorious for providing a smoother experience while gaming. Does this hold true after years of use ? I want to buy an i7-6700K to go along my G-Sync monitor and I firmly intend to use them for a few years (since they add up to a lot of money).

The 6700k is a beast, and someone either posted in here or the PC build thread that it overclocks well too.

Finaika

1080 vs 980Ti 4K Gaming performance. Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNuS6LI9Hlk

image.php

I've been using my i7-960 since 2010 and I haven't had any issue with a game yet.

LQX

I wonder if there are regrets from the firesales I saw in the FS thread. One dude sold two 980Ti cards for $600. Have to admit I was about to list my 980GTX for $250 but fuck I'm glad I did not as I think it will be very hard to snag a card and even harder to get non-Founders Edition one.

Vuze

I opened this link, saw AdoredTV, and immediately closed it. I don't need any AMD propaganda today.
I didn't know this channel before and I expected what you did after checking his output but actually, it was fairly nice to listen to.
1080 vs 980Ti 4K Gaming performance. Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNuS6LI9Hlk
Yeah... looks sketchy. Damn nice if true tho, but I'll not set my expectations too high.
Wait, this video has german text and is supposed to origin from china? lmao
French as well. DS3 has a 60fps cap. What a cheap fake.

I wonder if there are regrets from the firesales I saw in the FS thread. One dude sold two 980Ti cards for $600. Have to admit I was about to list my 980GTX for $250 but fuck I'm glad I did not as I think it will be very hard to snag a card and even harder to get non-Founders Edition one.
Kneejerk reactions. Selling a 980 Ti for 300$ is silly. They still go for like 450~550€ around here used.

Any idea when an 1060 might arrive? These cards look nice but there is no way I can afford them. My 760 is doing allright for now but I guess at least next year I'll need something with more than 2GB of memory.

Hasney

Any idea when an 1060 might arrive? These cards look nice but there is no way I can afford them. My 760 is doing allright for now but I guess at least next year I'll need something with more than 2GB of memory.

I'd look at what AMD are going to be offering by the end of the month. AMD are focusing so hard on that end of the market, I think they are going to do great for the money, unless there's a reason you want to stick with NVidia.

I opened this link, saw AdoredTV, and immediately closed it. I don't need any AMD propaganda today.
He might prefer AMD because of their more open approach to things, but he is not free of critic for AMD.
Watch his Async Compute video and you will notice that he is more objective then you think.
He makes some well researched videos.

Hasney

Ended up getting a cheap ass EVGA 980ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ for quite a chunk less than the 1080 non founders will cost from a local seller. Slightly due to impatience, but I think this should do me for a good long while.

Good luck with the hunt, guys and gals.

Kieli

Essentially the cards right now are $700 for GTX 1080 after 2 years of $650 GTX 980 Ti.

If there was ever a time to wait for the May 17th benchmarks, now would be it.

fred

The latest rumour doing the rounds is that AMD are planning on launching Vega 10 in October. Could be interesting if they do.

Ozorov

Kinda...

Now here’s what you were all waiting to see, the glorious, highly modified and powerful version of GTX 1080.. Well maybe not this time.

Interesting fact, the board number of this product is PG411, which actually is GTX 1070 (only the last picture is from PG413). So technically this card is GTX 1070, but since probably no one would notice, GALAX used the same picture for GTX 1080.

GALAX-GeForce-GTX-1080-box-900x705.jpg

http://videocardz.com/59813/first-custom-geforce-gtx-1080-is-here-gp104-400-confirmed

Vuze

Same people that brought us that video from a few posts ago, "VideocardZ".
Videocardz is actually the website which compiles all the leaks and stuff lol
The video was ripped from a chinese video site and reuploaded to their account.

Love the comment there "Ugh... If reference design was ugly for you, now look at THIS! Nightmerrrre".

Clearly i buy my GPUs based on how they look.
Some people with open/windowed cases perhaps consider aesthetics when spending north of 300$ for a video card :p

hoserx

Videocardz is actually the website which compiles all the leaks and stuff lol
The video was ripped from a chinese video site and reuploaded to their account.

Well, if they consider uploading it initially a fine thing to do, then I'm not sure how much I can trust them. The video was blatantly fake.

Ozorov

I don't believe it.From what source is this rumour?

According to 3DCenter, AMD decided to release VEGA sooner than previously planned. VEGA 10 GPU (’10’ is speculated codename) is currently expected to launch alongside Battlefield 1 somewhere in October. This is of course just preliminary date, which can still change in one way or another, but it basically means VEGA would launch one quarter sooner than official roadmaps originally suggested.

I wonder if the smaller Vega (11?) which should be relaesed as the 490(x) will use HBM 2.
Maybe it will use GD5x and only the new Furrys will use HBM 2.

If not, there would be a huge gap in performance and price beteewn Vega and Poalris.

ACE 1991

Damn which location? There isn't anything close to being that good at my location.

There was one listed at the Philadelphia store near where I live. I think my order went through, woop woop.

On an unrelated note, I'll definitely be selling my 970 to help defray this impulse purchase. What's should I reasonably expect to get for mine (GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION)?

Top Bottom