• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia working on RTX 4080Ti

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Watch them give it 10 GB of VRAM
I am still so angry about my 3080 fe....
Though I am a fool and kinda want to get 4080 for no reason. Most games I play, offer me personally better experience on ps5... no stutter, no loading, no pop-in + fantastic dualsense and 3d audio which I enjoy.... and HDR is really wonky on nvidia for past few months. I sometimes have to restart pc to get it to work.

Looking at game like Hogwarts Legacy - one of my favs this year... yeah 4080 with dlss3 runs it at amazing fps... but to pay 1200$ just for more fps with fake frames? It doesn't even look that much better really. So it's just more fps and stable resolution maybe... and I have mere 3700x, so that would probably slow it down a bit

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Too little, too late. 3080Ti owner still happy over here. Time to wait for the 5090.

I am also hoping small form factor PC cases also accommodate it. No one really anticipated the honking 4090 size so us SFF doges were screwed for awhile.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The 3080 TI released at 1199 MSRP. I doubt a 4080 TI will take the 1199 price point of the 4080. It will be 1399-1499.
It also released in the height of the crypto boom market. Nvidia knew they could mark it up easily.

It probably would have cost around $900 had it been released in normal market conditions.

I expect the 4080 Ti will cost $1299 with the 4080 being dropped to $999

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
A third source coming out to "confirm" the 4080'20G aka 4080Ti aka 4080 Super.

image-asset.png

Now theres also a purported 4070ier.
Which might be using a wider bus and more VRAM than the 4070Ti.....depending on the core count and speed this could be Nvidia fucking up and making another 8800GTS that was faster than the higher tier 8800GTX.

XZFZa7Q.png

peish

Gonna wait for 5090, end of next year.

New games seems to hard stopped 4090 below the minimum 120fps for PCMR.

//DEVIL//

I thought from the Nvidia road map the 5000 is in 2025.

I think it's super cards next year .

Last edited:

FingerBang

A third source coming out to "confirm" the 4080'20G aka 4080Ti aka 4080 Super.

image-asset.png

Now theres also a purported 4070ier.
Which might be using a wider bus and more VRAM than the 4070Ti.....depending on the core count and speed this could be Nvidia fucking up and making another 8800GTS that was faster than the higher tier 8800GTX.

XZFZa7Q.png
They're basically pulling a Turing. Not shocked.

Black_Stride

New roadmap puts the RTX50s in 2025.
Not even early 2025.
Usual time 2025, so basically in 2 years.

FzpCYPLXwAEKaov

Black_Stride

Latest on the "Super" chips......and the 4080 Super might be a dud chip.
Instead of ~14000 CUDA cores it might be just a full AD103 at ~10000 CUDA cores.

The 4070 Super actually looks like a good card now, especially if it sells for the same price as the non-S 4070, a year late but things are finally in order, the 4070 is always supposed to match the last gen range topping card.

Super 70Ti just seems weird to me not quite sure who it is for.....people who want a 7900XT but also want DLSS?

JZaFEJB.png

Bojji

Instead of ~14000 CUDA cores it might be just a full AD103 at ~10000 CUDA cores.

The 4070 Super actually looks like a good card now, especially if it sells for the same price as the non-S 4070, a year late but things are finally in order, the 4070 is always supposed to match the last gen range topping card.

Super 70Ti just seems weird to me not quite sure who it is for.....people who want a 7900XT but also want DLSS?

JZaFEJB.png

I see no point for Nvidia to actually set 4070 super at the same price as 4070. AMD is no big threat to them and 4070 is already competitive with 7800XT.

They have big gap between 4080 and 4090 and they will release card that is barely better than 4080 and with the same memory setup. I also don't see the point in 4070/ti super cards, differences between them are actually quite ok.

But whatever, it's Nvidia...

Last edited:

Black_Stride

I see no point for Nvidia to actually set 4070 super at the same price as 4070. AMD is no big threat to them and 4070 is already competitive with 7800XT.

They have big gap between 4080 and 4090 and they will release card that is barely better than 4080 and with the same memory setup. I also don't see the point in 4070/ti super cards, differences between them are actually quite ok.

But whatever, it's Nvidia...

Just like Turing everything basically goes down a tier for the better yield chips.
Manually lasering off or deactivating CUDA cores is a waste when you can just sell your high yield chips.

4080S takes pricepoint of the 4080 so that the 4080 can get a pricecut and people actually start buying it.
4070Ti'S takes the pricepoint of the 4070Ti and perf point of the 4080
4070S takes pricepoint of the 4070 and the perf point of the 4070Ti
4060Ti'16G takes the pricepoint of the 4060Ti'8G

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
If those video cards specs are accurate, the core count and bus width are very disappointing.
Still better than what is available now, but NVIDIA can't just give consumers an easy W with this generation.

Reallink

JZaFEJB.png

I guess since the 4090 is already so cut down from the full AD102 die (the "4090" is actually the most cut down XX80Ti in Nvidia's history) it's yields are so good they don't enough partially failed chips to make like a ~13000 core product.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Wait, what?! Is this confirmed? I was planning a full built for next year with a 50XX but if this is true I'll have to change my plans.

Nvidia have no reason to lie to themselves.
They arent going to come out and say publicly the unannounced architecture we havent announced yet isnt coming out at the time we didnt announce it was coming out.

These documents werent meant for us.
Its an internal slide that shows theyve moved Blackwell to late 2025.
AIB leakers have confirmed that too, they would be in the early testing phase by now if Blackwell was coming out next year.

Nvidia literally "publicly" announce architectures like a month before release.
The RTX40s were announced and actually acknowledged as even existing only on September 20th......they were available October ~20th, but we knew pretty much everything about them a year earlier
P0S8zi4.jpg

So the only way to "confirm" this is to wait till October next year and realize theres no consumer Blackwell GPUs and wait for October 2025 and pray they actually come out.

If you are/were seriously waiting for Blackwell, it would probably be easier to just buy something now enjoy it for 20 months or whatever and during that time be saving up for a Blackwell card.
If you save 2 dollars a day youll have approx 1400 dollars, Nvidia are unlikely to increase the price of the xx80 again, so its a safe bet youll be more than sorted for a very powerful card by late 2025 maybe even a range topper.

Nvidia have no reason to lie to themselves.
They arent going to come out and say publicly the unannounced architecture we havent announced yet isnt coming out at the time we didnt announce it was coming out.

These documents werent meant for us.
Its an internal slide that shows theyve moved Blackwell to late 2025.
AIB leakers have confirmed that too, they would be in the early testing phase by now if Blackwell was coming out next year.

Nvidia literally "publicly" announce architectures like a month before release.
The RTX40s were announced and actually acknowledged as even existing only on September 20th......they were available October ~20th, but we knew pretty much everything about them a year earlier
P0S8zi4.jpg

So the only way to "confirm" this is to wait till October next year and realize theres no consumer Blackwell GPUs and wait for October 2025 and pray they actually come out.

If you are/were seriously waiting for Blackwell, it would probably be easier to just buy something now enjoy it for 20 months or whatever and during that time be saving up for a Blackwell card.
If you save 2 dollars a day youll have approx 1400 dollars, Nvidia are unlikely to increase the price of the xx80 again, so its a safe bet youll be more than sorted for a very powerful card by late 2025 maybe even a range topper.

Bummer. I was going to buy a new TV this BF but maybe I'll switch and build a new PC instead and leave the TV for next year. Gotta think about it now. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Leonidas

The refresh might be just two months away.

The 4070 Super actually looks like a good card now, e, a yespecially if it sells for the same price as the non-S 4070ar late but things are finally in order, the 4070 is always supposed to match the last gen range topping card.

JZaFEJB.png
4070 Ti Super seems great. It's the only one with a VRAM increase and it seems that power isn't going to go up much if at all.

If it's the same price as 4070 Ti, it's going to be a great choice.

It would be a much better option than the 7900 XT as the 4070 Ti Super would give you better RT, better PT, better power efficiency and better upscaling.

There is a reason the 7900 XT still hasn't made it on the Steam Hardware Survey, gamers want those Nvidia features...

StereoVsn

4070 Ti Super seems great. It's the only one with a VRAM increase and it seems that power isn't going to go up much if at all.

It would be a much better option than the 7900 XT as the 4070 Ti Super would give you better RT, better PT, better power efficiency and better upscaling.

There is a reason the 7900 XT still hasn't made it on the Steam Hardware Survey, gamers want those Nvidia features...
This kind of sucks, 4070 Ti Super isn’t quite enough for 4K and it looks like 4080 Ti will be pointless unless it drives down vanilla 4080 prices :(.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

The biggest reason is that it was a terrible value at launch. $900 was absurdly stupid for this card. Eventhough it is much cheaper and offers better value right now, it still is seen as being overpriced. This is where AMD can't get out of their own way.

4080S takes pricepoint of the 4080 so that the 4080 can get a pricecut and people actually start buying it.
4070Ti'S takes the pricepoint of the 4070Ti and perf point of the 4080
4070S takes pricepoint of the 4070 and the perf point of the 4070Ti
4060Ti'16G takes the pricepoint of the 4060Ti'8G

I wouldn't be so optimistic...

hinch7

This kind of sucks, 4070 Ti Super isn’t quite enough for 4K and it looks like 4080 Ti will be pointless unless it drives down vanilla 4080 prices :(.
Will be enough for 4K for most games. Just not for RT and 4K. Assuming they release the 4070Ti Super and it comes close the 4080 in performance. Just like the 2070 Super was to the 2080.

If the 4080Ti is within 90% of the 4090, while being the same MSRP as the 4080 that will be a popular graphics card. Seeing as how the well the 4090 is selling atm. It wouldn't be pointless for a lot of people in the market for a high end GPU.

Last edited:
Will be enough for 4K for most games. Just not for RT and 4K.

If the 4080Ti is 90% of the 4090, while being the same MSRP as the 4080 that will be a popular graphics card. Seeing as how the well the 4090 is selling atm. It wouldn't be pointless for a lot of people in the market for a high end GPU.

The 4080 Ti might be closer than 90%... but I expect it to be more than the $1199 MSRP of the 4080.

Admerer

Cant wait, whole product stack needs to drop in price. It's a shame when people have to ask whether to buy 3060 vs 4060 for around same price.

hinch7

The 4080 Ti might be closer than 90%... but I expect it to be more than the $1199 MSRP of the 4080.
Corrected myself before you posted xP but yeah within single digits in performance would be a good thing. But even at the minimum that's not that far off to call the same class or tier. And is still at least 20% more performant than the regular 4080.

Pricing wise it wouldn't make sense to rise the costs seeing as how poorly the 4080 is selling. They did that to the 4090 for better earnings for the Holidays and to ready up for the Super series. Which would make the 4080Ti look a lot better in value when they release (Q1?).

Last edited:

Bry0

Will be enough for 4K for most games. Just not for RT and 4K. Assuming they release the 4070Ti Super and it comes close the 4080 in performance. Just like the 2070 Super was to the 2080.

If the 4080Ti is within 90% of the 4090, while being the same MSRP as the 4080 that will be a popular graphics card. Seeing as how the well the 4090 is selling atm. It wouldn't be pointless for a lot of people in the market for a high end GPU.
If you mean the 4080 super, it’s not going to be a big bump over the 4080.

StereoVsn

Yeah, good point on both cards. Let’s see how it goes.

Top Bottom