• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer: Assassins Creed: Unity Performance Analysis.

Shadow Warrior

They clearly say to get PC if You have good spec, PS4 if You have both consoles and Xbone if You only have Xbone. Isnt that clear enough for You without words 'buy this version'?

Alien Isolation

Where is that downplaying? Where is that bias? You're reaching so much.
Did I say every article had bias? No.

I said that enough articles had bias to hurt the websites credibility, and it has.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
They use similar setup to FCAT on consoles, but not exactly FCAT. They use FCAT for PC analysis though.
I remember tweet to repi with their profiling tool, but i wont probably find it now :)
Do you have a link to their FACT-variant setup then?

I don't understand why this isn't linked in every article of theirs, the way they used to link how they arrive at the input lag. They used to have several articles about Leo Bodnar and the high speed camera and such.

Shadow Warrior

They clearly say to get PC if You have good spec, PS4 if You have both consoles and Xbone if You only have Xbone. Isnt that clear enough for You without words 'buy this version'?

Alien Isolation

Where is that downplaying? Where is that bias? You're reaching so much.

====

He was talking about Far Cry 4 post-patch article which still does not exist

Lol shake heads at me then, considering the poster, I assumed he was defensive about Unity again...

Seanspeed

Banned
Did I say every article had bias? No.

I said that enough articles had bias to hurt the websites credibility, and it has.
Articles aren't biased. The people who write them are. So the writer is either biased or they aren't.

Darkx10, a Gaffer here, is a DF writer. His article on Dragon Age was claimed to have XB1 bias. Which is laughable if you've followed Darkx10's posts the least bit in the past.

Articles aren't biased. The people who write them are. So the writer is either biased or they aren't.

Darkx10, a Gaffer here, is a DF writer. His article on Dragon Age was claimed to have XB1 bias. Which is laughable if you've followed Darkx10's posts the least bit in the past.

Its the calling card of a conspiracy theorist that when they look hard enough for evidence, they tend to see it, even when its not really there.

Yeah... the way some people went at Dark was pretty terrible. And you're right it is funny, because if he was biased toward anything you would expect it to be towards Sony based his post history. I think he does a great job with the DF articles.

KKRT00

Do you have a link to their FACT-variant setup then?

I don't understand why this isn't linked in every article of theirs, the way they used to link how they arrive at the input lag. They used to have several articles about Leo Bodnar and the high speed camera and such.

Unfortunately not :( and search is such a bullshit, but even google doesnt help.
I know that Richard Leadbetter wrote some post about setup and technology on beyond3d some time ago though.
But yeah, it should be linked on main DF page.

ypo

Like I said, you like what you want to hear. DF isn't always 100% on point with their analysis explanations or observations but their mistakes or oversights are not that common.

This guy, on the other hand, has been shown to be massively inaccurate and misses quite a bit all in the matter of a few articles. Not to mention a completely unknown testing methodology. But that gets looked past because he's saying what people want to hear. Your last sentence seems to typify this attitude - that PS4 should always be better therefore anybody who possibly says this might not be the case or god forbid, doesn't think its quite as massive a victory as you want it to be, is biased and not worth listening to.

They did do this last generation(talking about personal thoughts). This idea that they didn't is a complete fabrication by the 'DF is biased' crowd.

And nowhere did they say any resolution difference or whatever doesn't matter. I have no idea what you're talking about, but I guess it is easier to argue against a conveniently designed strawman than reality.

Like I said you don't like what you're hearing from nxgamer. Please don't pretend DF somehow accidentally missed the massive frame drops in the xbone version but somehow picked up the incredible small and short frame drops on ps4 version. Give me a break. I guess they also somehow *mistakenly* altered Metro PS4 shots to make them look worse.

Yea right. Get that bs out of here.

By all accounts PS4 version of games should be better. With the AC unity patch I guess all those dumbass omg DA CPU boost comments are all proven to be what they were, bullshit.

thelastword

Banned
DF has many different writers on hand, many of which are freelance. You cannot make it seem like DF is one big entity.
what is it then? If you work for Ubisoft and you put out an article on Ubisoft's site, published by Ubisoft, who's article is it? When Dark10x did the DA.I faceoff, was it Dark10x's faceoff or Digital Foundry's?

Bringing freelance into the picture when speaking of objective data and it's interpretation has no weight at all. The entity that is Digital Foundry/Eurogamer trusts the freelancer enough to put together articles in their name. If it has the King's stamp, it is a message of the king.

adelante

Like I said, you like what you want to hear. DF isn't always 100% on point with their analysis explanations or observations but their mistakes or oversights are not that common.

This guy, on the other hand, has been shown to be massively inaccurate and misses quite a bit all in the matter of a few articles. Not to mention a completely unknown testing methodology. But that gets looked past because he's saying what people want to hear.

Yep. I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that my PS4 is very much capable of churning out better graphics than an XOne can. The DF articles are useful if all you care about is framerate data and screenshot comparisons; I'm smart enough to make my own deductions from there.

But I find it hilarious how the more important issue for some people is that a "biased" site (DF) completely validates the existing of another (NXGamer), when we should focus on latter's testing methodology (never mind that he's shown to be an amateur when it comes to discussing graphical features).

By all accounts PS4 version of games should be better. With the AC unity patch I guess all those dumbass omg DA CPU boost comments are all proven to be what they were, bullshit.

I agree with this completely. But lets not pretend that NXGamer is suddenly the saviour of comparison articles just because you think DF shit.

Its the calling card of a conspiracy theorist that when they look hard enough for evidence, they tend to see it, even when its not really there.
I'm not even looking hard, I just read their articles on Neogaf and sometimes the stuff they say makes me roll my eyes.

I'm not saying everything they put out is bias. I'm saying that I've read enough that was that it damages my opinion of them. I read every article from DF with a huge pinch of salt.

Feel free to believe different. I'm not going to start whining about 'conspiracy theorists' or anything like that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Yeah, seeimg people jump on Dark in that thread was ridiculous. Anyone familiar with him knows he values framerate consistancy above all else.

benny_a

I agree with this completely. But lets not pretend that NXGamer is suddenly the saviour of comparison articles just because you think DF shit.
That's the gist of it.

You can think of Digital Foundry what you will, but it's completely orthogonal to what NXGamer does.

If you've seen his videos posted in other threads, you know the complaints about his analysis: Wrongly identifying things, being incorrect about large things such as renderer paradigm.
He spots cool things and I think his captures and editing are well done. It's just that the commentary doesn't necessarily match reality.

The latter part is not an issue if you just want to look at pretty stuff while hearing something that sounds informed. It is a huge issue if you want to have a technical discussion.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I saw his Uncharted 4 video and within seconds he said something obviously flat-out false (that there was no difference between cutscene and gameplay character models).
While true, you can't be sure that the model wouldn't go back to its full detail if you'd get the camera back to be close to it. After all, someone from ND said that they use the same model in cutscenes as they do during gameplay. Which doesn't mean that they don't use any kind of LOD at all. In their video, that looked like LOD switch to me. Regardless, he was wrong on some other things in that analysis, but right about some other things that no one else picked up on.

In his Order analysis video, I thought it was interesting in that he referred to DOF being used in the game as motion blur.
I haven't seen that video, but Order has both DOF and (very high quality) motion blur.

Seanspeed

Banned
Like I said you don't like what you're hearing from nxgamer. Please don't pretend DF somehow accidentally missed the massive frame drops in the xbone version but somehow picked up the incredible small and short frame drops on ps4 version. Give me a break. I guess they also somehow *mistakenly* altered Metro PS4 shots to make them look worse.

Yea right. Get that bs out of here.

I don't have a 'want' in this. I don't care which version looks better. I don't own either console and have no stake in that fight.

Either way, whether the PS4 version of a game should be better(in whatever metric) doesn't mean it automatically will be. You cant blame DF for pointing it out if their analysis says otherwise. And the higher clocked CPU on the XB1 is not a myth or bullshit. Its fact. And it may well make it easier for devs to get a bit better performance out of it in certain CPU-limited situations. Perhaps the PS4 version needed a bit of extra work to get it on par? We don't know. But this hasn't disproven anything and suggesting it may have been the cause of any performance disparity is not a 'dumbass' suggestion.

I'm not even looking hard, I just read their articles on Neogaf and sometimes the stuff they say makes me roll my eyes.

I'm not saying everything they put out is bias. I'm saying that I've read enough that was that it damages my opinion of them. I read every article from DF with a huge pinch of salt.

Feel free to believe different. I'm not going to start whining about 'conspiracy theorists' or anything like that.
So has your opinion of NXGamer been damaged, too?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The only question about NXGamer is how he measures frame rates in his games, especially in console games. IMO, if his framerate analysis is correct, it shows that the post-patch 4, PS4 version of AC:U pulls slightly ahead in terms of framerate, as in that one scene where he walks through the most massive crowd, PS4 version keeps ahead, and even recovers to full 30FPS, while XB1 version never goes above 25 until he gets out of the crowd.

Either way, whether the PS4 version of a game should be better(in whatever metric) doesn't mean it automatically will be. You cant blame DF for pointing it out if their analysis says otherwise. And the higher clocked CPU on the XB1 is not a myth or bullshit. Its fact. And it may well make it easier for devs to get a bit better performance out of it in certain CPU-limited situations. Perhaps the PS4 version needed a bit of extra work to get it on par? We don't know. But this hasn't disproven anything and suggesting it may have been the cause of any performance disparity is not a 'dumbass' suggestion.
But PS4 version of FC4 does have better framerate, it drops a lot less when driving around for example, which DF failed to mention, and have in fact somehow claimed otherwise. I don't think people who work for them are biased or whatever, but they do miss things from time to time, so it's not bad to have more people doing metrics on things like that.

thelastword

Banned
But I find it hilarious how the more important issue for some people is that a "biased" site (DF) completely validates the existing of another (NXGamer), when we should focus on latter's testing methodology (never mind that he's shown to be an amateur when it comes to discussing graphical features).
So you're against competition in the faceoff space. The OP never made mention of DF bias on my second reading of it. He simply said, "hey guys here's another who does comparisons" I find he's fairly good and accurate.

Do you think these guys at DF have a masters degree in "technical analysis"?, ok let's say they do, because DF have been in the game much longer than Nxgamer is doing comparisons, I mean, much longer. At this point, they should all have their PHD's in "technical analyses" at good ole Digital Foundry.. Pssh...but here we are, with some folk declaring DF to be pro (ok, not a problem) and Nxgamer to be an amateur (allright), yet, the doctor does not even seem to know where certain organs are or that they even exist to begin with.

You mean, a doctor in analysis has no idea on the difference between SSAO and HBAO after putting many a game under it's knife? A doctor in analysis did not even register that an organ was missing...(god rays) when he searched the patient (farcry4). A doctor in analysis could not even provide valid information in light of ACU "never told me that it run unlocked" yet was so adamant on speaking some blabber about the CPU being the deciding factor on a weaker console. So a doctor prefers to speculate on unsubstantiated claims which were proven rubbish both by the developer and any reasonable tech minded gamer. "that the cpu had nothing to do with the framerate disparity on the consoles", yet he is the doctor.

So if the doctor can make all these mistakes after so many years, it's funny seeing that some persons want to discredit the amateur for much less. I've learnt a lot from this amateur, I'm thankful for the information he provides. It's sad because I went to the seasoned doctor too, he gave me my test results, I mean in all honesty, I figured he would be familiar with the results he handed to me, then why is he telling me I have a broken arm when the results says I have a broken pinkie?

Seanspeed

Banned
But PS4 version of FC4 does have better framerate, it drops a lot less when driving around for example, which DF failed to mention, and have in fact somehow claimed otherwise. I don't think people who work for them are biased or whatever, but they do miss things from time to time, so it's not bad to have more people doing metrics on things like that.
DF did a framerate test and posted the analysis for everyone to see. Their stated conclusion seemed consistent with the analysis.

Where did you get that PS4 version has better framerate? As far as I can tell, the source seems to be NXGamer, in his FC4 video, where he missed all sorts of things and got some things wrong and as you say, is running some unknown testing methodology.

Otherwise, I agree completely that its good to have other people doing metrics, especially since DF *can* get things wrong or miss things from time to time. But its not terribly useful for discussion purposes if people are assuming that because DF got something wrong, that somebody else is automatically right and should be treated as 'more respectable' or something. That just creates a lot of 'he said she said' nonsense where people are simply siding who they want to believe.

I think the most important thing to do is find out how NX is measuring the frame rate in his videos. Once we get that information, it will be much easier to proceed.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
CozMick said:
Something is definitely amiss, there is no way digital foundry could not see or even fail to mention an unlocked framerate on ps4
Youtube clip does clearly run above 30 when showcasing the unlocked framerate.

Lord Error said:
The only question about NXGamer is how he measures frame rates in his games, especially in console games.
The videos only show average fps rather than graph of frames, so measuring method is kind of moot. Besides, measuring framerate is almost impossible to get wrong when VSync is enabled anyway - only games with tearing might be more questionable.

thelastword

Banned
And the higher clocked CPU on the XB1 is not a myth or bullshit. Its fact. And it may well make it easier for devs to get a bit better performance out of it in certain CPU-limited situations.
Ok cool, so the 9% cpu advantage should pull ahead....(allright) that's fair. One question though, should the PS4 version of ACU be 1080p?

Seanspeed said:
Where did you get that PS4 version has better framerate? As far as I can tell, the source seems to be NXGamer, in his FC4 video, where he missed all sorts of things and got some things wrong and as you say, is running some unknown testing methodology.
What all sorts of things and some things did he miss? Were these things pointed out by Digital Foundry? What are they? Receipts please....

adelante

So you're against competition in the faceoff space.

I said this in my first post in this very thread: "More tech analysis sites, the better so I'm all for his work." Can you help me explain how you came to that conclusion?

Also that statement you quoted was made in reference to people arguing against DF like NXGamer isn't without its faults.

Seanspeed

Banned
So if the doctor can make all these mistakes after so many years, it's funny seeing that some persons want to discredit the amateur for much less.
Its not much less, though. He's clearly been wrong or missed quite a bit in just the span of a few articles since people here have been following him.

DF's track record aint perfect, but its still better than this guy's overall.

I mean, its a funny analogy with the doctors things, cuz doctors *do* make mistakes often enough. Misdiagnoses, wrong treatments, surgery complications, etc etc. I'm guessing you're not going to go to an unlicensed amateur for your health concerns, though. ;)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
DF did a framerate test and posted the analysis for everyone to see. Their stated conclusion seemed consistent with the analysis.
True, I'm not calling their bias on this or anything, but they caught some minor drops in both versions (of which PS4 seemed to have slightly more in like-for-like footage), but missed some much more severe drops that happen just when you drive around in XB1 version, but (from what I've seen) don't happen anywhere as much in PS4 version.

Where did you get that PS4 version has better framerate? As far as I can tell, the source seems to be NXGamer, in his FC4 video, where he missed all sorts of things and got some things wrong and as you say, is running some unknown testing methodology
I've seen FC4 run on XB1 and on PS4, and what I've seen corroborates NXGamer's video even though I can't measure things. When driving around in XB1 version, I could notice more, and more severe drops than what I've seen in PS4 version.

Unrelated, but let's remember that this guy was also the first (only?) one who caught the completely inexplicable removal of god rays from the PS4 version on FC4.

thelastword

Banned
I said this in my first post in this very thread: "More tech analysis sites, the better so I'm all for his work." Can you help me explain how you came to that conclusion?

Also that statement you quoted was made in reference to people arguing against DF like NXGamer isn't without its faults.
It's because you're trying to discredit him without reason, you have no way or rather, can you prove that his testing methods are not legit, can you prove that DF's testing methods are indeed legit?

It's strange because it is DF that normally do write-ups that does not even accurately reflect in their video, it is also DF which have done many framerate scenes which are not exactly like for like, in some cases not close at all.

I would also like to know when it was set in stone that his knowledge of graphical features is inferior to DF's and who put their stamp on that piece of fact?

Its not much less, though. He's clearly been wrong or missed quite a bit in just the span of a few articles since people here have been following him.

DF's track record aint perfect, but its still better than this guy's overall.

I mean, its a funny analogy with the doctors things, cuz doctors *do* make mistakes often enough. Misdiagnoses, wrong treatments, surgery complications, etc etc. I'm guessing you're not going to go to an unlicensed amateur for your health concerns, though. ;)
I guess in typical fashion he got lots of things and some-things wrong...right? ok, thanks for that conclusive info ;(

Df's track record ain't perfect? Thought it was, since persons want to deny Nxgamer his shine based on some mixed up terms, which of course has nothing to do with the analysis presented in the OP. Did he mis-represent terms when he showed that the PS4 version of ACU run unlocked, did he mis-represent terms when his frame analysis shows that the xbox has no frame advantage in large crowds over several passes. That after several passes, it appears that the PS4 version has the upper hand in framerate overall (rooftops, fights, cutscenes and now crowds). That he never mis-represented terms when he never supported the idea that the PS4 version had a worse framerate at the expense of a 150mhz cpu-clock deficit. Funny that on all these terms he was right and DF was wrong or missing in action.

It's not fair to engage and avoid certain questions posed. You said that, the 9% CPU POWAH should provide noticeable and tangible results in games for the xbox one, I agreed with you there. As you said, better framerates (in ACU I imagine), well at least that's one of many, going by that logic. Question posed again, should the 44% gpu advantage give us PS4 owners 1080p on Ac-Unity?

ypo

I don't have a 'want' in this. I don't care which version looks better. I don't own either console and have no stake in that fight.

So has your opinion of NXGamer been damaged, too?

It was dumb because the framerate difference is a lot bigger than the CPU difference. In reality that 150mhz difference is extremely small in real world application. It's dumb because even Ubisoft has admitted the framerate difference was not due to the clock difference and as evidenced by the latest patch. It is proven by the latest patch, where the PS4 version actually has framerate advantage, that it was a dumbass conclusion.

lol WTF? You can see the framerate drops in his video with your own eyes. You don't need to downplay that with *unknown testing methodolgy.* Good grief.

kitch9

Banned
Lol, this is the same guy who was talking about Uncharted 4 tech while being completely wrong about almost every aspect he mentioned.

Nope, guy shouldnt get recognition, he is basically clueless.

You'd be better carrying on reading DF.....

Might make you happier.

adelante

It's because you're trying to discredit him without reason, you have no way or rather, can you prove that his testing methods are not legit, can you prove that DF's testing methods are indeed legit?
No, but putting your clearly heated up feelings towards DF aside, they've at least built their reputation over years of articles that was written with a goal in mind, to facilitate discussion on gaming visual tech and performance. And unlike NXGamer, they've at least explained how they go about capturing their data.

I know you would love to have me defend DF but sadly, I only care about their framerate data, can't care less about how they present it. Maybe you would like to take it up with them directly instead? Like one of the writers who happens to be a prominent member here as well?

And really though, I love reading up or watching videos on gaming tech, regardless of source... so you can imagine, I've read and seen quite a bit. NXGamer's UC4 analysis was the first that felt cringeworthy to be honest.

CozMick

Banned
Hmmm an ND designer retweeted NXGamer's video. Obviously that does not mean any kind of endorsement on the technical merits of the video but could be as well...

https://twitter.com/thegreatbluebit/status/541887192646180865

Anyways there has to be an objective interpretation to framerate issues and if these frame rate counts are right DF will have to be more closely scrutinized I would think.

For all the info this guy supposedly got wrong it does seem strange that ND would retweet this video.

From the moment this gen started digital foundry have been going downhill. I'm just glad that others have jumped aboard the "face off bandwagon".

impact

Banned
Wait why don't people trust DF? Geniunely curious, haven't kept up. Have they been lying?

Last gen they propped up really minor resolution and graphical differences as CLEAR CUT VICTORIES FOR MICROSOFT. This gen a game can be 1080p vs. 900p and they'll downplay it like it's NBD if everything else is the same.

I'm not saying they prefer MS, but they prefer MS. I don't give a fuck though because every single person has a bias or preference whether or not they'd like to admit it.

cheezcake

Last gen they propped up really minor resolution and graphical differences as CLEAR CUT VICTORIES FOR MICROSOFT. This gen a game can be 1080p vs. 900p and they'll downplay it like it's NBD if everything else is the same.

I'm not saying they prefer MS, but they prefer MS. I don't give a fuck though because every single person has a bias or preference whether or not they'd like to admit it.

Can you give some examples? Every time someone pulls up the actual DF articles from last gen they seem basically the same as what we're getting now. It honestly feels like some PS3 owners just took it personally for some inane reason and are looking for payback now in the form of every DF article having the footnote "Sony rulez, M$ droolz"

adelante

For all the info this guy supposedly got wrong it does seem strange that ND would retweet this video.
Why would it be? For each time he spouts the word "tessellated", he highlights visual details that only people who pays attention for these kind of things would. And for that, I really appreciate him putting these up... Amateur or not.

Why does it have to be an "either or" issue here? I'm sure some of us who brought up inaccuracies in his videos, also acknowledge he's getting some stuff right.

http://a.pomf.se/fzavls.gif
mjnauq.gif

Whoa when I loaded it, it was choppy, it was better if that was intentional.

Even ignoring DF having an agenda or not, I think their framerate analysis method is crap, so it's great to have a second source on that!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Even ignoring DF having an agenda or not, I think their framerate analysis method is crap, so it's great to have a second source on that!
How is their framerate analysis method crap? Don't they use a program that accurately measures framerates? I find the the recent surge of contempt for digital foundry very strange.

fedexpeon

Banned
Time to buy the game?

Probably.
I mean, do you want to download a whole bunch of patches in one day?
Or do you want to download a few patches now, and more later in the future before playing?

The answer should be obvious imo.
Buy AC: U now, download a patch here and there every quarter for Unity, wait for the next AC 2015 release since Unity will be fixed by then, then play Unity while buying the new AC game at the same time.
By then, the new AC 2015 will be patched by the time you finished up with Unity.

It is a win-win situation because AC 2016 will be announced while you play AC 2015.
You can keep up with the AC annual cycle, and you don't have to worry about bugs and all the haters complaining that Ubisoft is a bad publisher.
Ubisoft will release new patches while you play the older AC games.

If all the haters would play AC: Rogue first then wait for Ubisoft to release additional patches for Unity, we wouldn't have so many threads about AC: U being a buggy game.
Remember, patience is a virtue.
Ubisoft knows what they are doing...but I guess the mainstream didn't caught on why they released two AC in the same month.

Whoa, wait a damn minute...

It's darkx10 and not dark10x?!

I need to get some glasses. I've been thinking it was the latter for about five years. :|

omonimo

Banned
Can you give some examples? Every time someone pulls up the actual DF articles from last gen they seem basically the same as what we're getting now. It honestly feels like some PS3 owners just took it personally for some inane reason and are looking for payback now in the form of every DF article having the footnote "Sony rulez, M$ droolz"
No true at all. Past generation seems to give much more importance if one of the two, had some advantages. Now it seems to mitigate some difference. Ofcourse, I'm not talking of the whole DF but the attitude seems completely reverse compared the past generation. Sometimes some difference are even completely ignored, now.
For example the less grass in GTA, it's not exactly sporadic how they said. Or the amount of tearing in WD on xbone.

GnawtyDog

Banned
DF vs. NXGamer with Seanspeed at the helm of the debate.

47778-colbert-popcorn-dis-gun-b-gud-fqXR.gif

How is their framerate analysis method crap? Don't they use a program that accurately measures framerates? I find the the recent surge of contempt for digital foundry very strange.

Recent? It's been a year now.

No true at all. Past generation seems to give much more importance if one of the two, had some advantages. Now it seems to mitigate some difference. Ofcourse, I'm not talking of the whole DF but the attitude seems completely reverse compared the past generation. Sometimes some difference are even completely ignored, now.
For example the less grass in GTA, it's not exactly sporadic how they said. Or the amount of tearing in WD on xbone.

Are you telling us that Eurogamer uses selective critical analysis to hide and/or mask their bias? Inherently, that it shows as a narrative (aka agenda) to those that carefully read and pay attention to their articles? Is that what you're telling us? :)

adelante

Nevermind that... If we were to focus on just framerate data alone, Why is another source, who've yet to present us with his methodology, suddenly be more reliable? Lol

Recent? It's been a year now.
Pretty sure he meant in relation to the fact that DF has been around since what, 2006?

Crossing Eden

Tales from your ass, not only did they make an article about the grass differences in GTAV, they also mentioned the screen tearing at the beginning of their WD face off article.

f there's one word to sum up the advantage that PS4 Watch Dogs has over its Xbox One equivalent, it's refinement. Reduced aliasing here, less frequent screen-tear there - the impression you get is of a game that fundamentally offers the same package but feels a little more polished and solid on the Sony platform.

benny_a

Nevermind that... If we were to focus on just framerate data alone, Why is another source, who've yet to present us with his methodology, suddenly be more reliable? Lol
It's not like the DF methodology is known. You're just grandfathering DF into this debate.

If you aren't, then I don't know why you haven't jumped in to provide the description of the setup when I asked on the last two pages.

Crossing Eden

It's not like the DF methodology is known. You're just grandfathering DF into this debate.

If you aren't, then I don't know why you haven't jumped in to provide the description of the setup when I asked on the last two pages.
So every framerate test ever done by digital foundry should be called into question? Really? After eight years? Btw i'm very sure that dark or any one who works on digital foundry would be happy to tell you what program they use.

benny_a

So every framerate test ever done by digital foundry should be called into question? Really? After eight years? Btw i'm very sure that dark or any one who works on digital foundry would be happy to tell you what program they use.
I didn't say that everything should be questioned.

But if someone is so inclined to suddenly care about methodology, wouldn't it be prudent to demand this methodology from everyone who engages in the analysis of this?

Crossing Eden

I didn't say that everything should be questioned.

But if someone is so inclined to suddenly care about methodology, wouldn't it be prudent to demand this methodology from everyone who engages in the analysis of this?
Which is why I said you should ask Darkx10. Because it's very insulting imo to insinuate that their analysis is just as illegitimate as NX Gamers. Not to say that his is completely false in all aspects, but he does make some mistakes.

Top Bottom