• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

Gamezone

Gold Member
I figure they must be getting ready to do something with the preview program, as I had this pop up the other day, despite never being a preview member or even asking for an invite:

Rogt2BT.jpg

Clicking on it took me to the store page for the preview dashboard app, which let me install it and enroll my console in the preview program.

Didn`t they stop taking new members?

I've been having this thing recently with my Xbox One where it'll refresh the dashboard multiple times in a row. It's usually either when I first boot it up (from quick launch or power saving modes), or when I'm going back to the dashboard from a game or app. It'll do the refresh thing like 2-3 times in a row, then operate normally.

I've also started having trouble with my pins again recently. I move them and next time I check, they've reverted back to where they were before I moved anything. Same as before, I removed them all, did a cold reboot, and added them all again they seem to be working fine again.

Kingbrave

I've been having this thing recently with my Xbox One where it'll refresh the dashboard multiple times in a row. It's usually either when I first boot it up (from quick launch or power saving modes), or when I'm going back to the dashboard from a game or app. It'll do the refresh thing like 2-3 times in a row, then operate normally.

I've also started having trouble with my pins again recently. I move them and next time I check, they've reverted back to where they were before I moved anything. Same as before, I removed them all, did a cold reboot, and added them all again they seem to be working fine again.

Mine has started doing the refresh thing the last few days.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I don't know if it's E3 related or even if it's going to be anything significant but Mike Ybarra of Xbox just cryptically tweeted 13.5 hours #xbox.
Could it be the summer update ready for preview?!?!
So many possibilities!!!111!

Lima

Could it be the summer update ready for preview?!?!
So many possibilities!!!111!

It matches up with the time they intend to release the unused gamer tags so no this is not releated to the anniversary preview update.

Bsigg12

It's at the time they usually release press materials or make announcements so hopefully it's something cool. I'm trying not to get to excited for pre-E3 news though.

JaggedSac

It's at the time they usually release press materials or make announcements so hopefully it's something cool. I'm trying not to get to excited for pre-E3 news though.

Well, W10M just got a preview build that was actually scheduled for tomorrow and it included a redesigned store and games have Game Hubs now. With the pictures of Xbox games being listed in the Win10 store too, sounds like things are in place with the merged store. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a redesigned store and Games and Apps UI tomorrow in a preview build for Bone. I also wouldn't be surprised if they released the Bone UI for PC in a play to make using it on TV easier.

gossi

I've seen in the XBL API they've added "Live TV" and "Premium TV" everywhere. Currently production Xboxes have it set to disabled. From limited playing it looks they're going to be doing live TV streaming over the internet, i.e. cutting the cable providers out.

link1201

I've seen in the XBL API they've added "Live TV" and "Premium TV" everywhere. Currently production Xboxes have it set to disabled. From limited playing it looks they're going to be doing live TV streaming over the internet, i.e. cutting the cable providers out.
I'd love this!

TheKeyPit

Banned

So, IPTV, right? If that's true, I'll finally go back to watch a bit of TV again.

just tweeted: Hype commences

My god your name/avatar combo is amazing. I also hope that sonn means really soon. My Xbox has been super weird the last few days. I will hit the guide button and it will just sit there for like 30 seconds. I cant click on anything either when this happens and I wind up having to turn it off and on to fix it.

Alx

Yay, can't wait. :)
"Soon" so before E3 ? I expected the next update to be kept confidential until then to have all the new features revealed on stage.

My god your name/avatar combo is amazing. I also hope that sonn means really soon. My Xbox has been super weird the last few days. I will hit the guide button and it will just sit there for like 30 seconds. I cant click on anything either when this happens and I wind up having to turn it off and on to fix it.

Yeah the "go home" function has been reaaaaaally slow lately. Between the fact that I'm in preview and that there's a major update coming, I didn't want to complain too much, but it's far less responsive than what it was at launch, where you could get instantly to the dashboard.

I dunno, I'd rather they get most of it out so they don't have to go into it during the conference. Minus a couple of "WOW" announcements that are turned on right after.

Custom soundtracks, and the ability to create folders on the home screen would be great. I want to have a folder pinned for FPS, and one for RPGs. That would be such a huge improvement.

JaggedSac

I can see them giving us the ones we know about already. Cortana, background music, games app UI changes, dvr, etc. I can see them waiting to drop the unknown features until after e3.

Top Bottom