• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

I always feel like the only person on GAF that doesn't care about the Switch launch.

I have zero interest. One launch game interests me (Zelda obviously) nothing else till the next Mario excites me. Way overpriced at $300 + $70 for pro controller (I have no interest in carrying around a giant handheld with 2-4hr battery)

I'll wait for the retailers to have some good cost saving bundles

How do you live on?!
I'm a photographer. I have other shit to spend my money on. At least with my photography gear I can get the occasional freelance thing to pay me. I make no money off Nintendo or any other video game thing. I'll get a Switch when it makes sense to me and doesn't coincide with any upcoming photography stuff. As of right now it's practically at the back of my mind.
I have zero interest. One launch game interests me (Zelda obviously) nothing else till the next Mario excites me. Way overpriced at $300 + $70 for pro controller (I have no interest in carrying around a giant handheld with 2-4hr battery)

I'll wait for the retailers to have some good cost saving bundles
I like Zelda, but not that damn much. Now if SMT V was a launch game it would have my attention.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I was being facetious, it logically makes no sense to buy a console at launch.

...mine just got delivered.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Our money at work:

sbRIBLF.jpg

Jhoan

An ex-GAF member that I'm friends with (DoktorEvil) wanted me to go down to Nintendo World since he pre-ordered a Switch there. I said hell no. I went to go throw out the trash a few minutes ago and that wind was pretty bad especially since my building is by the river.

Good luck to those of you waiting on the line! I consider myself to be a big LoZ fan but there's no way I would get a Switch at launch since I'm not sold on it LoZ aside. That's easily $500 after buying a 128GB or a 256GB microSD, plus a game or two, and a pro controller, and taxes. I suppose you all will make the money back from tax returns or a paycheck or two.

Fuchsdh

I always feel like the only person on GAF that doesn't care about the Switch launch.

I'm there with you. I still have a fondness for Zelda and Nintendo from my youth, but their unwillingness to join the rest of the modern world with their ecosystem and my limited time means I really can only afford a single console, and it's not going to be theirs.

It's nice to see everyone excited, I guess.

Peltz

Switch is amazing. Mine got delivered a day early by Bestbuy. I will preorder with them more often considering how this went down.

Jhoan

Also when are we gonna do the NYC-GAF Switch meet-up... some local Bomberman/Fast RMX/Pocket Rumble
Whenever you want. You're the boss here! I'm personally going to be out of town in April after Easter weekend working at C2E2. I bet Mario Kart 8 Deluxe would win/lose friends; 1-2 Switch would be a fun pub game.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So what happened?

Also when are we gonna do the NYC-GAF Switch meet-up... some local Bomberman/Fast RMX/Pocket Rumble

Whenever you want. You're the boss here! I'm personally going to be out of town in April after Easter weekend working at C2E2. I bet Mario Kart 8 Deluxe would win/lose friends; 1-2 Switch would be a fun pub game.

This sounds like fun, but maybe wait for Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon 2?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I would smash the system as soon as the first blue shell went flying.

But I like the idea of a Switch meetup.

taybul

Queens is awesome! Live there myself and just discovered a huge rock climbing facility close by. There's also a lasertag/archery tag facility somewhere in LIC too that I have yet to find. Great restaurants, bars. Astoria is an up and coming neighborhood.

Penguin

I'm feeling like this thread is becoming a hostile environment for people to try and pretend like Queens is worth visiting!

What is up with the weather recently, just pick a temperature!

It is insane
I don't know how to dress anymore. Like alternating jackets and shirts

Just like the people that are pretending that Queens isn't worth visiting.
I have no problem with Queens. Was down there a few months ago for a photography thing. As long as I can get some place via subway I'm fine with it. I'm pretty much "nope" tier when it comes to car only areas.

Fuchsdh

Next GAF meet-up in Staten Island!

But yeah, I think we can all agree... screw Staten Island... get a subway from the city, ya jerks!

I'm sure Staten Island would like that too.

Officially moving to Astoria. Super excited. :D

Congrats. My wife and I have been looking at stuff over there. We're gonna' sign another 1-year extension on our current lease for now, though. Can't beat the price we pay for a two-bedroom right off the AC.

Pau

And she was never heard from again on NYC-GAF
Eh I work near Washington Square so I'll be in Manhattan every weekday.

Y'all missing out by not coming to Queens.
I'm finally close to Colombian food. ;-;

Congrats. My wife and I have been looking at stuff over there. We're gonna' sign another 1-year extension on our current lease for now, though. Can't beat the price we pay for a two-bedroom right off the AC.
Thanks! I looked briefly in Washington Heights but it was less space for the same price. Right now we live near the new 96 station and our new place is so much bigger and cheaper. We also grew up in the suburbs of Miami so it's kind of nice to be back in a more suburby area.

Penguin

So for all of you in this "Queens" place... if we did a NYC-GAF meet-up there, what's accessible and good for a big group?

Top Bottom