• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama Warned Trump Against Hiring Mike Flynn, Say Officials

Usobuko

Banned
Obama should have encourage and promote him to Trump.

That's literally the only way for Trump to go "nope".

571992d141ea41f0a179cfdb71e88ff7.jpg

I guess now we know why he hired him the first place. I love how Trump's administration try to play so naive to all of this. They know who is dirty because they got into office with that dirt on them. I have no doubt that Russian ties are much deeper than what is known. I just hope they are exposed completely one day.

teiresias

It's like this WH has no idea about the whole "need to know"aspect of gaining access to classified and secret material. It's not like a security clearance is a badge you wave at someone and get access to anything at all secret and classified within the government.

The White House is now blaming Obama for Flynn.

Two months ago:

Spicer said he didn't know what Flynn had disclosed about his background and lobbying work during the White House's vetting of him for appointment as national security adviser.

Spicer said Flynn was free to do the lobbying work because it occurred while he was a private citizen.

"There's nothing nefarious about doing anything that's legal as long as the proper paperwork is filed," Spicer said. He declined to say whether Trump would have appointed Flynn if he had known about the lobbying.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/10/white-house-trump-unaware-of-flynns-foreign-agent-work.html

"Flynn did nothing wrong, but if he did, Obama is to blame for not vetting him better before we vetted him for the highest security position in the country."

Edit: And now it's apparently, "Well, Obama said not to hire him, and Obama is known communist and Muslim sympathizer. We'd be stupid not to hire him after such a non-endorsement."

kevin1025

Banned
The White House is now blaming Obama for Flynn.

Two months ago:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/10/white-house-trump-unaware-of-flynns-foreign-agent-work.html

"Flynn did nothing wrong, but if he did, Obama is to blame for not vetting him better before we vetted him for the highest security position in the country."

Edit: And now it's apparently, "Well, Obama said not to hire him, and Obama is known communist and Muslim sympathizer. We'd be stupid not to hire him after such a non-endorsement."

The incompetent blame the competent for their incompetence. Yep, sounds about right!

It's hilarious how that attempted spin about Obama granting Flynn security clearance has been nuked out of the water by this. Just hilarious.

Obama should call up Donald tomorrow and tell him to lower taxes, repeal the ACA, build the wall, and triple down on coal.

Checkmate, GOP.

alternade

Jesus fucking christ.

Do these people forget how to breathe or blink? How stupid can you be?

So this would basically implicate trump then wouldnt it? Knowingly hiring a foreign agent with ties to a country that just meddled in the election??? How did they think this would turn out?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So this would basically implicate trump then wouldnt it? Knowingly hiring a foreign agent with ties to a country that just meddled in the election??? How did they think this would turn out?

So far I don't think there is any evidence that Trump explicitly knew Flynn was a foreign agent. Th article states:
Obama's warning pre-dated the concerns inside the government about Flynn's contacts with the Russian ambassador, one of the officials said. Obama passed along a general caution that he believed Flynn was not suitable for such a high level post, the official added.

Of course, Yates' testimony later today may change this.

Iksenpets

Banned
A response.

"Why didn't Obama do more to stop us from being morons?"

Trump really needs to stop doing this thing where he insists on only being credited as a "senior White House official" and then gives a comment so overwhelmingly Trumpian and full of nonsense grammar that could only fall out of his mouth that there's no mistaking who actually said it. It's just sad that he thinks he can trick people into thinking someone other than himself said that gibberish.

Blader

So far I don't think there is any evidence that Trump explicitly knew Flynn was a foreign agent. Th article states:

Of course, Yates' testimony later today may change this.
Unknowingly hiring a foreign agent as your nat sec adviser is pretty bad, too.

They really try pin it on Obama that Trump hired Flynn.

At least the White House is smart enough to finally attempt to distance themselves from Flynn and Manafort. I know it took a while with Flynn, but you've got to think at least those two are fucked with the White House doing everything they can to downplay their ties to those two.

Thaedolus

See, this is where Obama fucked up. If you want him to do something, tell him to do the opposite of what you want him to do. Unless Barry's playing 4D chess and wanted Flynn to sink the ship.

Top Bottom