• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

They're not 100% evil or 100% great. Every situation is different. Even WrassleGAF is different. We have some posters thinking WWE is bad for engaging in philanthropy and PR at the same time. It's a net positive.

I guess that's more to my point. people are unable to view each situation individually. People are saying shit about AJ, Owens and Sami being on BTE but not recognizing the difference in the situations

Yeah, Susan G sucks and doe some shit and Warrior isn't anything to write home about but breast cancer is a big deal to a lot of women. WWE is at least doing something here and that's better than nothing. We can demand more, but we shouldn't shit on it outright.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess the paycheck wasn't enough to stay with this goofy as company and their shit booking. Good on Neville.

Here's what I don't get - WHAT shit booking? Neville has been booked like a star.

daemissary

Here's what I don't get - WHAT shit booking? Neville has been booked like a star.

Ummmmm, like 90% of what they do is shit booking. Do you think Neville can’t see the writing on the wall just because they pushed him hard for 9 months? He was booked like shit for how many years before that?

Zach

[cowardly antics]
Hulk+Hogan+this+is+where+the+power+lies+2.gif

#GWF9

Ummmmm, like 90% of what they do is shit booking. Do you think Neville can’t see the writing on the wall just because they pushed him hard for 9 months? He was booked like shit for how many years before that?
Uh 0 years I think. He was nxt champ and kicked ass. Got called up where he didn't do much for months, got injured, disappeared, came back as the king.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Zero years? He had a high profile angle with the dude from Arrow that was a "hollywood" link, it was a big deal. NXT he was also booked great.

We're gonna just have to accept "terrible booking!" isn't the answer in his case.

The majority of his main roster career plus last minute nonsensical changes.

And honestly being booked like a star on 205 is close to meaningless.

Pretty much.

Also is this where we really say building hype for a one-week Akira Tozawa reign and a 3-week Enzo reign weren't shit booking. Because I'm definitely not doing that.

Pikma

Banned
Pretty much.

Also is this where we really say building hype for a one-week Akira Tozawa reign and a 3-week Enzo reign weren't shit booking. Because I'm definitely not doing that.
Hahaha I almost forgot Kalisto is the champ now😂

I know the comparison might be unfair for Kalisto but he is basically the Jinder Mahal of the CWs, shit booking all around

Sephzilla

When you subtract the time he was away from injury, Neville was booked pretty well honestly.

-- His NXT Championship run was the longest run in the championships history (Balor later eclipsed this)
-- He was a vital component of the best storyline NXT has ever done
-- Had a high profile SummerSlam feud that involved Stephen Amell
-- King Neville angle was great

klonere

Banned
I can't really argue that Neville has been a victim of terrible booking all his career. NXT champ in it's best era. Was in the main roster wilderness for what seemed like a long time but got that big match vs Rollins and the weird Amell/Stardust stuff.

He was then the best part of a truly detestably bad show but I'm not sure if that's an argument for individually poor booking, rather a creative failure on behalf of the entire division.

Which is why the Enzo thing can't have been the only issue. I'm incredibly excited for his indies run and can't wait to find out why he really left, if it isn't NDA'd to hell and back.

When you subtract the time he was away from injury, Neville was booked pretty well honestly.

-- His NXT Championship run was the longest run in the championships history (Balor later eclipsed this)
-- King Neville angle
Exactly, plus wasn't he supposed to win the ic title at Wrestlemania in the ladder match before the injury and Ryder got the random push?

Mahonay

Banned
Main roster WWE booking is bad enough as a whole where I just don't watch the TV anymore. Neville did not get the worst of the worst booking for himself, but he was also slotted into a show that even less people watch. He was being wasted on 205 Live. Maybe doing something that he can be passionate about is more important to him that receiving a check from VKM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
205 Live's a good, consistent show as well. People who think it's nothing I can't imagine have watched for months. It's a great show.

daemissary

Zero years? He had a high profile angle with the dude from Arrow that was a "hollywood" link, it was a big deal. NXT he was also booked great.

We're gonna just have to accept "terrible booking!" isn't the answer in his case.

Oh yeah, getting thrown in a tag match with Stephen Amell against Stardust when it was supposed to be a singles but Amell wasn’t good enough sure is a big honor. Literally shaking my head.

Lol

Tom Lawlor totally called Alvarez on his shit for whining about having to watch wrestling for a living after Alvarez said he wished he could quit because he was so mad Jimmy Jacobs got fired and that Breezeango jobbed on Smackdown.

I love Bryan Alvarez lol and Lawlor

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, getting thrown in a tag match with Stephen Amell against Stardust when it was supposed to be a singles but Amell wasn’t good enough sure is a big honor. Literally shaking my head.

That is a big deal. I'm sorry you're mad at WWE, but that was high profile.

So you're just going to ignore all these facts?

-- King Neville angle was great
You're shitting on something just for the sake of shitting on something.

Those comic book graphics they used for Neville and Stardust were dope. I feel like Neville would understand why they made Tozawa/Enzo the champ and the importance of having the cruiserweight division succeed. Maybe he's just has other stuff going on. Who knows? Hope everything works out for him.

The Stephen Amell angle was one of the biggest storylines going into that SummerSlam.
Lmao. Was it really?

-booked like a star

-member of the cruiserweight division in wwe

pick one

Next we gonna see unironic essays about how actually making the last champ for years be Hornswoggle resulted in the division ascending to new heights, and WeeLC was legit the greatest cruiserweight match and build in any company since both of Rey's knees were functioning

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
it's still completely isolated from the main roster and has a pathetically low viewing audience.

That doesn't make bad booking. Also, its isolation offered them the opportunity to tell cohesive stories, which is great. It's exactly what it needs to be, people just don't care too much about the personalities on 205, which is a shame. They'll get there.

It's so high profile that you couldn't remember Stephen Amell's name in your first post.

I don't watch Arrow, so I didn't care. Thanks.

Mahonay

Banned
That doesn't make bad booking. Also, its isolation offered them the opportunity to tell cohesive stories, which is great. It's exactly what it needs to be, people just don't care too much about the personalities on 205, which is a shame. They'll get there.
I just said in another post that he's not a victim of the worst booking.

klonere

Banned
205 Live's a good, consistent show as well. People who think it's nothing I can't imagine have watched for months. It's a great show.

Every time I try and give it a shot to see Tozawa or Cedric or Gallagher, it just feels like a hollow, stripped down and static version of what all these guys could be doing.

I can just go watch indie shit if I want a better version of 205 Live.

Now the Shane stunts and Braun rampages I couldn't get anywhere else. But 205? There is so much wrestling out there does what it is trying to do 100x better. That's the real issue surrounding it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I try and give it a shot to see Tozawa or Cedric or Gallagher, it just feels like a hollow, stripped down and static version of what all these guys could be doing.

I can just go watch indie shit if I want a better version of 205 Live.

Now the Shane stunts and Braun rampages I couldn't get anywhere else. But 205? There is so much wrestling out there does what it is trying to do 100x better. That's the real issue surrounding it.

I won't deny that you can't get 205's stuff elsewhere, better. But it's not an awful show. I agree with you completely on all those points.

Lots of people don't escape the WWE bubble, though.

I'm sure Velocity had some runs of consistent quality as well. Doesn't mean that the staring on that show meant anything in the grand scheme 5 years after that show was dead.

Pikma

Banned
One of the best wrestlers in the world escaping WWE's claws while in his prime years, I don't get why someone would be mad about that.

Those comic book graphics they used for Neville and Stardust were dope. I feel like Neville would understand why they made Tozawa/Enzo the champ and the importance of having the cruiserweight division succeed. Maybe he's just has other stuff going on. Who knows? Hope everything works out for him.

Lmao. Was it really?

Yeah the production for that feud was really awesome.

There is probably more going on than we know. It seems like every time controversy leaks there always is. If he was being relegated as "another guy" on 205 of all shows I can see that pissing someone off who put so much effort in.

Top Bottom