• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

klonere

Banned
Bray Wyatt's doing great. Let him have his avant-garde character and let it run its course. Looking back, you'll see the brilliance.

People said the same stuff about Taker shooting lightning on newsgroups way in ye olde past.

avant-garde

AVANT GARDE

for some first year of community college multimedia course After Effects video stuff.

You've gone too far this time Sunny! Too far by half!

FallingEdge shooting in OT

MaleMiserlyAlleycat-max-1mb.gif

apparently in the OT, you can't use nerd to describe someone who is a jerk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bray Wyatt's story is avant garde.

Wikipedia bullshit sez:

People or works that are experimental, radical, or unorthodox with respect to art, culture, or society. It may be characterized by nontraditional, aesthetic innovation and initial unacceptability

Hmm, initial unacceptability.

Let's see how this all plays out.

The problem with Bray's booking isn't even that it's weird or strange or spooky or supernatural or whatever, the problem is that they only go half way with it....

A House of Horrors where the only thing that mattered was a fridge and the match ended in a normal pin fall after interference from Jinder.

A burning of the compound which was supposed to devastate Bray instead quote unquoted made him stronger.

This Stronger Bray amounted too a bit of black goo from the mouth once, and one scene where he had a bunch of sheep dude and a crucix

That crucix amounted to somehow Randy Orton having it and using it to burn the ground and bones of Sister Abigal... which should have weakened Bray

That amounted to instead Bray having the extra power of projections of creepy things at Mania to disorient Randy

Except those projections amounted to absolutely nothing as he lost in like 9 minutes to a regular old RKO and Randy never really sold the projections as doing anything to him... They didn't even factor into the finish for pity sake.

Like none of it sticks and none of it ends up mattering that's the problem

Mahonay

Banned

Wikipedia bullshit sez:

People or works that are experimental, radical, or unorthodox with respect to art, culture, or society. It may be characterized by nontraditional, aesthetic innovation and initial unacceptability

Buff Bagwell's mom on a forklift was the most Avante Garde moment in our great sport.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I won't disagree, ExcelsiorFiefdom.

They need to let him stick the landing.

Browny

Banned

Wikipedia bullshit sez:

You need to change back to VinnyMac so we can avatar-quote you more :)

I love Bray, but they make him boring as fuck because nothing he does matters

Like fuck he was great with Orton because it felt like it mattered.

Even the burning of the compound was great in the moment but they ruined it literally the next week. That moment should have been Bray's face turn and Orton's heel turn.

Sephzilla

Excelsior's pretty on point. Any time they do something with Bray that's basically meant to be a big shift in his character (whether it be weaken him or strengthen him) they almost always walk it back within a couple of weeks. Another example would be when Bray somehow got both Taker and Kane's powers and then Kane and Taker walked out and were like "nah gimme them back plz"

The problem with Bray's booking isn't even that it's weird or strange or spooky or supernatural or whatever, the problem is that they only go half way with it....

A House of Horrors where the only thing that mattered was a fridge and the match ended in a normal pin fall after interference from Jinder.

A burning of the compound which was supposed to devastate Bray instead quote unquoted made him stronger.

This Stronger Bray amounted too a bit of black goo from the mouth once, and one scene where he had a bunch of sheep dude and a crucix

That crucix amounted to somehow Randy Orton having it and using it to burn the ground and bones of Sister Abigal... which should have weakened Bray

That amounted to instead Bray having the extra power of projections of creepy things at Mania to disorient Randy

Except those projections amounted to absolutely nothing as he lost in like 9 minutes to a regular old RKO and Randy never really sold the projections as doing anything to him... They didn't even factor into the finish for pity sake.

Like none of it sticks and none of it ends up mattering that's the problem

Bray stealing Undertaker and Kane's powers and losing them a week later was the point where I went "Yeah, they're never making this dude a legit threat"

Kensation

Wikipedia bullshit sez:

It all makes sense now. WWE is actually a post-modern deconstruction of the wrestling genre.

Hmm there was a random Pete Dunne vs Damian Dunne match at an indie lately, tempted to check it out. Wonder how often that's happened lately.

Excelsior's pretty on point. Any time they do something with Bray that's basically meant to be a big shift in his character (whether it be weaken him or strengthen him) they almost always walk it back within a couple of weeks. Another example would be when Bray somehow got both Taker and Kane's powers and then Kane and Taker walked out and were like "nah gimme them back plz"

Because they think they already have a new Taker in Bray, so they can just have him lose and look bad constantly and it won't matter because "people will still care the next time he does something spooky or something that might look interesting"

This angle has definitively proven that wrong because nobody thinks Bray's Sister Abigail looks spooky, interesting, or worth caring about

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because they think they already have a new Taker in Bray, so they can just have him lose and look bad constantly and it won't matter because "people will still care the next time he does something spooky or something that might look interesting"

This angle has definitively proven that wrong because nobody thinks Bray's Sister Abigail looks spooky, interesting, or worth caring about

I wouldn't say "nobody"

I'm genuinely interested in wtf he's going to do. I don't have high expectations, honestly I don't. But I want to see what they're willing to do.

Sephzilla

Bray desperately needs his Mick Foley equivalent character. People kind of forget that Taker's career was stale as fuck by the time Foley showed up.

It all makes sense now. WWE is actually a post-modern deconstruction of the wrestling genre.

WWE is basically a simulacrum of Vince McMahon's fantasies and nothing outside of his scripts and determinations are valid. It's like Evil Within where you're trapped in the mind of a serial killer, except this is in reality and encompasses the professional careers of actual individuals being payed to act out his whims. If Vince didn't have money and power, the illusion would be broken.

/Baudrillard

DDT is actually a post-modern deconstruction of the wrestling genre

I am surprised they haven't put Matt Hardy to some use producing video spots. He may not be able to use his Broken gimmick but there was more to it than just the gimmick. The videos they created were solid. Now they have that guy in house and nothing has come of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE is basically a simulacrum of Vince McMahon's fantasies and nothing outside of his scripts and determinations are valid. It's like Evil Within where you're trapped in the mind of a serial killer, except this is in reality and encompasses the professional careers of actual individuals being payed to act out his whims. If Vince didn't have money and power, the illusion would be broken.

/Baudrillard

DDT is actually a post-modern deconstruction of the wrestling genre

This ain't STEM and it ain't a nightmare, pal.

Not a whole lot.

I agree, but I still want to see.

Wikipedia bullshit sez:

I'll take a page out of your book here with this one:

If I ever find Bray Sister Abigail Wyatt's feud with Finn Demon Pumpkin King Balor anything but dumb as fuck, I won't even wait for a mod, just a quote of this post, and I'll walk away from this fine establishment for good.

Not a year. For good. For ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take a page out of your book here with this one:

If I ever find Bray Sister Abigail Wyatt's feud with Finn Demon Pumpkin King Balor anything but dumb as fuck, I won't even wait for a mod, just a quote of this post, and I'll walk away from this fine establishment for good.

Not a year. For good. For ever.

Too risky. You don't think it is, but it's possible. WWE can surprise you. They usually don't, but what if?

Ithil

Wikipedia bullshit sez:

On the other hand

Garbage, trash, rubbish, or refuse is waste material that is discarded by humans, usually due to a perceived lack of utility. The term generally does not encompass bodily waste products, purely liquid or gaseous wastes, or toxic waste products. Garbage is commonly sorted and classified into kinds of material suitable for specific kinds of disposal

Sephzilla

To tell you all what's going to happen to Bray Wyatt after this feud, let me introduce to you my time traveling friend The Flash

tumblr_nf9w3jznCp1rkp9lro2_400.gif

Hey guys, Bray's going to lose to Pumpkin Balor. Cole's going to talk about how Bray and Abigail have been defeated. Then Bray vanishes for a few weeks before showing up again to feud with Matt and Jeff Hardy, where he acts like his normal self and nothing from the Balor feud mattered.

Top Bottom