• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

That was me.

Would you say you favour the Flip 4 then?

As another follow up... I'm in love with this. Just really got to give it a proper shower whirl and the mic on it picks up my voice commands perfectly most of the time including the "Hey Siri" initiation, so I don't even hhave to hold down the play button to activate voice commands that much (the other two iHome ones wouldn't pick it up at all).... so much better than the other two I had tried. Thanks for putting the thought in my head to explore tthe JBL Flip 4 dude.

HeavenlyE

Glad to know all things WCW-related must be sent for Cody Rhodes’ approval for some reason.

I can't wait for Enzo to come out wearing polka dots next week and Cody to go on Twitter complaining about him not respecting his father's legacy
Cody gets tweeted by fans as soon as it's announced about how hes gonna be so mad about War Games such as "Cody Rhodes is suicidal right now" then comes out and reacts positively about it to clear it up and somehow gets hate for it lol wow

Toki767

SMH at people spoiler tagging the big NXT Takeover match in here and then someone had to go and make a thread about it in OT.

In a different world, the Dangerous Alliance thrives alongside the nWo. Austin and Rude are dominant heels, Heyman thrives, and there is no ECW or WWF Attitude era.

WrestleWar 92? War Games? Is it time for the gif?

4332677be92d1dce6afac93fb9511e8930d8c9b1_hq.gif

Damn right it's time for the gif.

What a lineup. What a time.

only 4 matches for Takeover?

No. There's probably five. Maybe only four if the main event is scheduled to be super long.

War Games: Undisputed vs. Sanity vs. AOP and Roddy

Almas vs. McIntyre for the NXT Title

Kairi vs. Moon vs. Royce vs. Cross for the Women's Title

Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream

Lars vs. Ohno

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
marvel pulling the punisher showing because of vegas is almost as shallow as the warrior bullshit

like pulling it for this one moment for a franchises that honestly fantasizes gun culture and murder. like dont bother pulling it because you and all the other companies are going to keep putting out this shit because its going to keep selling. just be upfront about it.

marvel pulling the punisher showing because of vegas is almost as shallow as the warrior bullshit

like pulling it for this one moment for a franchises that honestly fantasizes gun culture and murder. like dont bother pulling it because you and all the other companies are going to keep putting out this shit because its going to keep selling. just be upfront about it.

They'll be back to marketing it heavily once everyone has moved on from the gun control talk again. They'll push it back maybe 2 weeks top I bet. Marvel are kings at controlling the narrative and making themselves look cleaner than you'd think possible, Disney probably helped them out with that mindset.

Hex

Banned
I am watching Wargames 92 right now, and one of the biggest stand outs is the commentary.
It is amazing when the commentating is about the match going on, not trying to sell a match three weeks from now, not talking about other people's matches, not talking about other shows, not talking about matches weeks ago.
Gives it such a bigger fight feel.

Edit: Went ahead and watched the original Wargames also and it still holds up.
Horsemen and JJ vs Dusty, Nikita Koloff, Road Warriors and Paul Ellering.

I remember how huge the build up to the first one was, these shows were larger than life because they really felt like super shows. All the different territories would push it because alot of them had talent represented, or would have talent appearing for them soon enough.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
NXT Spoilers question

why in the blue hell is
Roddy teaming with AoP
?

did he
turn or did they turn
?

Jamie OD

No. There's probably five. Maybe only four if the main event is scheduled to be super long.

War Games: Undisputed vs. Sanity vs. AOP and Roddy

Almas vs. McIntyre for the NXT Title

Kairi vs. Moon vs. Royce vs. Cross for the Women's Title

Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream

Lars vs. Ohno

That’s a good lineup. A very good lineup.

Hex

Banned
Wargames 92 is so fucking good. A happier time.

It really was, even before that too.
The pre Raw era, with WWF Monday Night on USA and Saturday Night's Main Event.
NWA Worldwide and Saturday Night. With Clash of the Champions now and then. Where jobbers were jobbers and you did not see the same match 4 time in a row and on ppv. Commentary sold the matches, not merch and fluffing people not around. Storylines still closed, in between match segments sold ppvs and other shows. Characters were larger than life, there was not bs trying to be clever or real. That is one reason I love lucha wrestling and Japanese. They still get it.
You have clowns and deadmen, you have acrobats and islanders, and a guy in a kilt.
Definitely hitting some old school network stuff tomorrow

A Twitter feed of stuff in the WWE warehouse in Norwalk, Connecticut: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWarehouseWWE

Since Doinks are in the OP, it may be of interest that Heidenreich faced a fake Doink in the parking lot of a Golden Corral: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HWubQ...qpX-XrZJolWAyBOymBGcfOP_Y5PgWHyIhewBh1GqXpvvA

A review of AWF from Reddit:

I'm from the South Mississippi/South Alabama area where the AWF runs. They are truly terrible. I've been to 3 shows that they've run in my small little town and its legitimately the worst wrestling I've ever seen. Every gimmick is a ripoff of something from the old territories or the old WWF (Lord Humongous, the bruise brothers, the patriot, doink the clown) their top "star" is the aforementioned Doink ripoff who is so fucking fat that I'm surprised he doesn't go into cardiac arrest on his way to the ring. Their production is absolutley awful, with only 2 or 3 guys with a dedicated theme song and everyone else gets 5 year old radio rock songs. The number of collective bumps I've seen taken at the shows I've been to is no more than 20. Mostly because 99% of their virtually non existent roster is either too fat or too old to take a bumb. Oh, I forgot to mention that the fucking ripoff Doink has his own nWo ripoff called the cWo and it consists of only him and a smaller clown sidekick (who everyone knows is the town's 60+ year old veterinarian.) Its so goddamn bad. All the shows are total schmozfests with nothing but antiquated shenanigans and poorly executed heel interference. If you live in my area and think about going to one of these shows, don't. You will regret it so fucking much.

Truly, a tribute to the departed Indy Thursday tradition.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Such a half measure. Jeez. Weak.

I'm a week behind with NXT, but catching up on last weeks, throw me in with Data in that I'm like "this Velveteen/Black and monster Lars stuff is good fun, these RoH geeks and Mcintyre meanwhile...not so much".

Though the spoilers for Mcintyre's challenger at totally not War Games makes me happy.

TWENTY YEARS OF KANE!!!!!

HERE'S TO TWENTY MORE!

I gotta get to work

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm a week behind with NXT, but catching up on last weeks, throw me in with Data in that I'm like "this Velveteen/Black and monster Lars stuff is good fun, these RoH geeks and Mcintyre meanwhile...not so much".

Though the spoilers for Mcintyre's challenger at totally not War Games makes me happy.
It's.... that's gotta be KANE.

Top Bottom