• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Diversity Program Members “Shocked And Dismayed” By Founder’s Alt-Right Ties

Seiru

Banned
Well I hope that vomit of text is copypasta.

Anyways, I still think 10 million for diversity trumps 10k for meme magic. I don't think it's "nothing", I think it shows what the beliefs of the vast majority of Oculus employees is.

What the hell is wrong with you all. He says he's libertarian, he's supporting Trump because Trump is the best shot at beating Hilary.

Eveyone should be anti-Hilary, that evil family should not make it back to the Whitehouse.

And before you get all riled up do yourself a favor and research the Mena cocaine smuggling conspiracy involving Bill, google "Clinton Body Count" (give that a read, read it all, it'll take a few minutes), google "Seth Rich" and read the wikipedia article, and then go to the FBI's website, download the pdf of their "investigation" on Hilary mishandling classified information, and give it a read, its fucking embarrasing as a country, the FBI covering for the State Department.

It doesn't end there, Hilary also suggests to drone people she doesnt like, has people outside the government influencing her. People who donated to The Clinton Foundation meet with Hilary working in her capacity as Secretary of State! AKA give my private "foundation" money, and I'll exchange favors as Secretary of State.

You are all tools, its sad to see Gaf reach this low. You're up in arms because somebody is politically active, trying to stop a monster from controlling our country and all you guys can muster up is "omg he supports trump. He's a biggot."

At least Trump's not a murderer, who wants to take your guns (sounds crazy right?).

Get out there, do some research, there's very little time to continue spreading this message. The election is next month, if Hilary doesn't win, she has now power to help FBI and they will in turn procecute her. Right now it's FBI scratching her back because they know she'll scratch theirs after being elected.

Do some research, trust your gut. Don't let the serial killer couple back into office.

Why is my aunt posting on GAF?

What the hell is wrong with you all. He says he's libertarian, he's supporting Trump because Trump is the best shot at beating Hilary.

Eveyone should be anti-Hilary, that evil family should not make it back to the Whitehouse.

And before you get all riled up do yourself a favor and research the Mena cocaine smuggling conspiracy involving Bill, google "Clinton Body Count" (give that a read, read it all, it'll take a few minutes), google "Seth Rich" and read the wikipedia article, and then go to the FBI's website, download the pdf of their "investigation" on Hilary mishandling classified information, and give it a read, its fucking embarrasing as a country, the FBI covering for the State Department.

It doesn't end there, Hilary also suggests to drone people she doesnt like, has people outside the government influencing her. People who donated to The Clinton Foundation meet with Hilary working in her capacity as Secretary of State! AKA give my private "foundation" money, and I'll exchange favors as Secretary of State.

You are all tools, its sad to see Gaf reach this low. You're up in arms because somebody is politically active, trying to stop a monster from controlling our country and all you guys can muster up is "omg he supports trump. He's a biggot."

At least Trump's not a murderer, who wants to take your guns (sounds crazy right?).

Get out there, do some research, there's very little time to continue spreading this message. The election is next month, if Hilary doesn't win, she has now power to help FBI and they will in turn procecute her. Right now it's FBI scratching her back because they know she'll scratch theirs after being elected.

Do some research, trust your gut. Don't let the serial killer couple back into office.
First of all LOL

Second - Trump is the sort of sociopath that would ship children off to the funeral homes en mass if he could not only get away with it but also gain from it. You ever see those depictions of a post apocalyptic world where you have someone sitting on a throne of skulls while the world burns around him? That would be Trump after nuking the world for insulting his small hands, except eating some KFC with a knife and fork and surrounded by some yes men.

I dont like Clinton, she embodies the corporate, politicking business person persona that i cant stand in politicians BUT compared to Trump i would vote for her (If i wasnt English and living in the start of my own 1984 situation here) every time and not feel guilty about it since she would actually want to avoid destroying the world unlike Trump having a temper tantrum.

I hope i havent just written that all out for a parody post, these days its hard to tell whats real and whats not.

Sephzilla

giphy.gif

Syder

2pejYdw.gif

The ignore list that is.

Alucrid

Banned

how long have you had your oculus rift on for?

Oh, hey, a "Clinton is the literal Anti-Christ" poster.

He funded a racist hate-group. Then lied about his involvement, despite outing himself to the reporter. Then claimed it was because they had "fresh ideas". There are people who develop for that platform, that sell on their store, that are directly affected by the shit Luckey is funding. If Oculus doesn't want this to be a permanent black mark on their platform, they need to cut ties with him.

Fucking lol. Has to be some 4chan copypasta.

"OMG you just don't like Trump" posters taking it up another level.

I've looked into my gut. It reminded me I haven't had breakfast yet. Thanks for the tip.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That's that dudes 2nd post this year, btw.

This fucking thread. Newsflash, the Clintons are already in the White House. The fact that your reason to vote for Trump is because "Clinton is evil" shows just how stupid the reasoning is. You are a tool to believe a racist motherfucker who will drown your economy and is embarrassing your country on a daily fucking basis.

It's less about stopping a monster and more about stopping a tyrant. You're all idiots to waste your vote like that just because "he has the best chance1!1!1!1 he's all we got!!1!". We are up in arms because the amount of racist and xenophobic shit and hate message Trump has said and spread about everyone is unacceptable.

Y'all mofos need Jesus. Just wondering, what race are you?

Nzyme32

I really despise the way Facebook / Oculus have handled all this. It actually makes me more annoyed than when waiting for them and Palmer to respond. Brushing this away and simply talking up their diversity program (with a different head now) is in no way good enough at all. The sheer contempt to just ignore it and the current statement from Iribe is just abhorrent.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hillary is no better.

Chaps who make sense, like Ron Paul and Sanders, get laughed out of the process unfortunately....

Ron Paul has said plenty of crazy shit mostly revolving around shutting down agencies.

Well I hope that vomit of text is copypasta.

Anyways, I still think 10 million for diversity trumps 10k for meme magic. I don't think it's "nothing", I think it shows what the beliefs of the vast majority of Oculus employees is.

Nah that 10 million is literally nothing.

Context matters here. If Oculus had given a statement that did not support Palmer then that 10 mil would be great and would show what you claim. However, they basically supported him so that 10 mil is essentially shut up money.

Any devs who actually care about diversity should feel ashamed taking a dime of that money.

Also I'm not surprised the media has basically already forgotten about Palmer and Oculus. It's no secret the games media is nearly all white. I'm not saying at all that the people are racist or anything like that. Most of the fine people in the media are likely against all of this and will vote against Trump. But in the end it's hard to care for a long extended period of time about a problem that doesn't directly disadvantage you.

Mahonay

Banned
Also I'm not surprised the media has basically already forgotten about Palmer and Oculus. It's no secret the games media is nearly all white. I'm not saying at all that the people are racist or anything like that. Most of the fine people in the media are likely against all of this and will vote against Trump. But in the end it's hard to care for a long extended period of time about a problem that doesn't directly disadvantage you.
Pretty much this.

Toxi

Banned
Hillary is no better.

Chaps who make sense, like Ron Paul and Sanders, get laughed out of the process unfortunately....
Like Ron Paul and Sanders? What the hell do Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders even have in common? They're basically on opposite sides of the spectrum on economic policy.

Stop it, Palmer.

I just thought I would specifically point out that Trump has actually laid out a plan to literally take people's guns away.

Trump said:
“IF THEY SEE A PERSON POSSIBLY WITH A GUN OR THEY THINK MAY HAVE A GUN, THEY WILL SEE THE PERSON AND THEY’LL LOOK AND THEY’LL TAKE THE GUN AWAY.”

Maybe you could do a little bit more research here yourself...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Sadly there is great truth to this. This is the world we live in as of right now. There will be far too few and in between to get meaningful traction on this other than some lame ass "apology" to the fucking shareholders & company. It is infuriating because it has become the norm.

FStop7

Banned
Hahah who thawed out the crazy uncle from 2003? That's about the last time I remember anyone un-ironically mention the "Clinton Body Count" meme.

Oersted

Hillary is no better.

I have an extremely crazy idea. That idea, hold on to your butts, is talking about the actual topic.
The topic is Palmer Luckey's support of a openly racist organization called Nimble America. Does that make Luckey worse/same or better than Hillary?

Context matters here. If Oculus had given a statement that did not support Palmer then that 10 mil would be great and would show what you claim. However, they basically supported him so that 10 mil is essentially shut up money.

Any devs who actually care about diversity should feel ashamed taking a dime of that money.

Im with you on this. I recently got a rift too... but after watching how they handled this I sold my hardly used Rift at about 100 dollar loss but at least I didn't invest any money in the Oculus store.

Seiru

Banned

I mean aren't you literally saying that words matter more than action?

Crayon

Rush in the morning, hannity in the afternoon and savage in the evening with the factor after dinner. For 20 years.

You are a great American, dd.

What's funny is that Ready Player One addresses this...

The book takes place largely in virtual reality
and the main character, Parzival, has an in-VR best friend, Aech, who is also a white male and into a lot of the same pop culture stuff that the main character likes. The story takes them to a point where they need to meet up in real life and he finds out that Aech is actually a black woman in real life. She hid her race and gender in the VR world so she could be looked at as more normal and to not be discriminated against.

Wow, that's really sad.

Sounds like an interesting book though

Mael

I don't think I can unfold this one,
it's the "I'm an expert" post of this year.

Outrun

I have an extremely crazy idea. That idea, hold on to your butts, is talking about the actual topic.
The topic is Palmer Luckey's support of a openly racist organization called Nimble America. Does that make Luckey worse/same or better than Hillary?

The topic quickly degenerated into his support of Trump unfortunately.

Luckey is scum for supporting a hate group.

Mahonay

Banned

A good percentage of Trump supporters practice hate speech. Trump himself has practiced hate speech.

To deny the connection there is being naive or just willfully ignorant.

Oersted

I mean aren't you literally saying that words matter more than action?

Where does the money go? Over what timeperiod? What are they actively doing to become more diverse?

How did that Simpsons joke go? Trump, not a hate group but number 1 with the hate groups?

Top Bottom