• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift available for preorder for $599.99, shipping in March

robotrock

Banned
Ok, now this is getting annoying. What can we believe at this point?

Nothing honestly. Just accept that at some point they will charge you, and then your Rift will be delivered.

I'm bummed too. I'd just like to know a more accurate estimate, since my original March one must be off.

Compsiox

Banned
Nothing honestly. Just accept that at some point they will charge you, and then your Rift will be delivered.

I'm bummed too. I'd just like to know a more accurate estimate, since my original March one must be off.

The system they promised will be out in August. After all are delivered.

robotrock

Banned
Anyone doing an OT for the Rift? No one signed up yet on the OT OT:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=450653&page=100000

Thank you but I have zero experience with OTs and would rather someone with a penchant for flare and gaf's formatting subtleties to do it instead. Don't want CV1 OT to look like a rickety, shambling mess of a thing lol.

wanderingprostheyltite showed some interest but it looks like it's still up for grabs.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
wanderingprostheyltite showed some interest but it looks like it's still up for grabs.

Yup, just saw that - I'd say wanderingprostheyltite should just go ahead and sign up on that thread to avoid any confusion.

Yes, someone else do it, please!

People can still help you out. All I think an OT really needs is a release date and a tagline. The multi-page PR pamphlet style is nice but not really necessary.

robotrock

Banned
|OT| 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

Suggest subtites for me :3

like |OT| Ballpark of 1-3 weeks

Nah I'm excited for the Rift

I know just razzin :p

For the subtitle I was thinking if you could incorporate the sideways Oculus "o" in some way, maybe for the o in OT. Not sure if it's available as a usable character though.

Complete blank for the actual subtitle.

Edit: okay use robotrock's haha.

Well shit, so much for mass shipments going out tomorrow. I wish we had more information as to why the delay, and why it took until literally an hour before launch day to communicate it.

Not a big delay; I'm not terribly worried about it, but it's clear this was not the plan.

charpunk

Well shit, so much for mass shipments going out tomorrow. I wish we had more information as to why the delay, and why it took until literally an hour before launch day to communicate it.

Not a big delay; I'm not terribly worried about it, but it's clear this was not the plan.

I wonder if something happened last minute. Seems kind of odd they didn't know when they were going to start shipping preorder units until a few hours ago. Was hoping they were going to ship out tomorrow so I would maybe have it for my days off this week. Oh well, always next week.

Compsiox

Banned
I know just razzin :p

For the subtitle I was thinking if you could incorporate the sideways Oculus "o" in some way, maybe for the o in OT. Not sure if it's available as a usable character though.

Complete blank for the actual subtitle.

Edit: okay use robotrock's haha.

The OT title has to reference this mess of a launch in some fashion, lol

|OT| �������������������� good shit go౦ԁ sHit�� thats ✔ some good����shit right����th �� ere������ right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self �� i say so �� thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ�� ���� ��НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ�� ���� �� �� �� �� �� �� ����Good shit

No one stay up for this. I'll be working on it all night. I wanna make sure it's up to par.

Also I'll be using Robotrocks

It must be just some logistics-related issue that reared its head during the initial KS shipments. It's such a small delay, but I can't help but be disappointed. Expectations have been handled poorly.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
No one stay up for this. I'll be working on it all night. I wanna make sure it's up to par.

Also I'll be using Robotrocks

No go - the special characters don't work consistently enough across browsers. The last title that tried it got them edited out.

$599? Jesus Christ, even worse than the PS4VR

kiafu9t.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
|OT| 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

No.

It must be just some logistics-related issue that reared its head during the initial KS shipments. It's such a small delay, but I can't help but be disappointed. Expectations have been handled poorly.

Considering their communication has been so poor on shipping for weeks I am not giving them any sort of benefit of the doubt at this point.

It's a small delay until we find out only a small subset of preorders ship on Wednesday maybe Thursday and Ridts start arriving April first. Then suddenly the rest of us find who were told March find out we are mid April.

This kind of stuff might be ok with Kickstarter Dev units but it looks like amateur hour when releasing a consumer product.

Top Bottom