• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift pre-orders to open on January 6 8am pacific time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I was expecting $499, so $599 isn't too crazy, amazing deal for Kickstarter backers though!

Wonder how long it will be before I can actually get on the store.

Shenmue

Banned
600? Fuck that. I remember the days when Oculus was all about that 300 price point. Yea, I know it comes with shit...yay, like I need another Xbox One controller.

I wish they would sell one without that controller. Feels horrible to me and I have plenty of DS4s already. 549 without the controller would be nice.

$599? That's insane. They should have dropped the Xbox One controller and made it $499. Didn't they say that they won't make a profit from this device? Sure. Lmao.

Vlaphor

$599 is just too much for this right now. It's untested in the larger market and this'll kill any type of mainstream hype. I do want to get one, but I'm also going to want to get a 980ti to go with it, so I'm waiting for it to hit $399 before I'll jump.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Almost $1000 CAD taxes in, lol ok there Oculus/Facebook

If this thing fails, the price will be the single reason why.

Hargenx

tumblr_maz1dzIzpy1roj9wu.gif

Meh. Will wait for PSVR in hopes it will be supported on 2 platforms instead of 1. That price is outrageous. That and I don't see PSCR being $600 while still being 1080p 120Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom