• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath goes HD (PSN)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
wwm0nkey said:
Im pretty sure Jet set is coming to PSN and XBLA, it was already leaked that its hitting XBLA so im sure PSN is also imminent

future or the first?

Oh man! Day one baby I never got to finish this!
Funny enough I am actually excited this supports the Move...I am such a damn hypocrite.

I highly doubt its ps3 exclusive its got to be coming to Live either day one or a couple weeks later.

Danneee

Nice, played the original for a bit and liked it but it never got the time it deserved due to a lot of other great games being released at the time (or just sitting there in my backlog, can't really remember). Will buy!

Glad this game will be getting some of the love and attention it never got when it was new.

Mr. Sam said:
Now all that's left to do is get everybody to buy it and prove there's still a big appetite for Oddworld.

And then beat Lorne Lanning about the neck and face* with unsold copies of Munch's Oddysee to remind him not to be such a smackass about handling his series this time.

*Gently, so as to not cause severe bruising, and with love.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
farnham said:
do they have the 360 bc for this. i remember that it wasnt one of the titles last time i checked
NO........I still have this game also. it time to write ms again to make it bc. maybe this will make ms make the game bc

distrbnce

Banned
Very awesome, do want this. Move support is interesting, wonder if the devs would comment on how much pressure Sony put on that, or if it interested them on it's own. The fact that it can be so easily integrated with normal games seems like it's killer app.

And good to see Oddworld return to PS... Xbox seems like the weirdest place for it...

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
distrbnce said:
Very awesome, do want this. Move support is interesting, wonder if the devs would comment on how much pressure Sony put on that, or if it interested them on it's own. The fact that it can be so easily integrated with normal games seems like it's killer app.

And good to see Oddworld return to PS... Xbox seems like the weirdest place for it...
why?? the 2 Oddworld games are great on the system. before you say there only shooter on the system. the ps3 has just as many shooter if not more this gen.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Yes, all 4 Oddworld titles are going to be released on PC in a collection. It was supposed to be out Q1 2010 but there were some difficulties that delayed it.

I will be there day one for the Oddbox.

distrbnce

Banned
Kasumi1970 said:
why?? the 2 Oddworld games are great on the system. before you say there only shooter on the system. the ps3 has just as many shooter if not more this gen.

Well, I'm talking about at the time especially. Yeah, they're great, and it's not that Xbox only has shooters, but PS has more weird-ass games.

Empty

Cool. I never owned an Xbox 1, and of course MS never bothered making it backwards compatible, so i'm looking forward to seeing if it lives up to its internet reputation.

MattyFTM

Neo Member
It seems I can't get lucky with Strangers Wrath. Last generation I had a PS2 and no Xbox, so I couldn't play Strangers Wrath, despite being a huuuuge oddworld fan. This generation I have a 360, but no PS3. Oddworld Inhabitants were supposed to be working on PC ports of Munch's Oddysee and Strangers Wrath to be released in a package called the OddBox. They had better still be working on that. I WANT TO PLAY STRANGERS WRATH GODDAMNIT!!!!

MMaRsu

Banned
Hope that lots of people pick this up, as will I when I buy my Ps3 next year. Why no 360 though? Not a port beggin question.

Maaseru

Banned
I said it a while back and it came true!!! thank God !!! Praise him!! jajajaja A great game that I could never finish!

forrest

formerly nacire
Keikoku said:
So is it exclusive or not ?
Anyway, will buy for the first platform it's released on.

Nothing in the article spoke of exclusivity nor did I read anywhere that the Oddbox wasn't still coming to Steam. The article on the Oddbox said 3 of the 4 games were done and they were still trying to wrap up the Stranger's Wrath port to pc. They were experiencing issues with the porting to DirectX.

T-Matt

It's great this game is getting a remake. Hopefully it brings in a lot of new fans and will bring us a great new Oddworld game.

Speevy

Banned
Someone needs to pick up Voodoo Vince and give it the same treatment. Talk about a perfect downloadable game. Same deal with a Blinx sequel.

scitek

PS3 release is fine, but I'm expecting a 360 and PC release at some point, too. Maybe why it hasn't been made backward compatible on the 360?

EDIT: That's right, there's supposed to be a PC version in the works already for a collection of some kind, right?

GeoramA

KevinCow said:
Ooh, nice. I never got around to playing this one. And Move support, too? Very yes.
This is exactly the type of game I want with motion control, not mini-game bullshit.

Getting harder to resist the Move with announcements like these.

Forkball

Remember when the Xbox came out and they lauded this huge deal that would guarantee ten Oddworld games exclusive to the console? Oh how times have changed.

Whatever happened to this series anyways?

KiNeSiS

Banned
It angers me that i have a useless xbox copy.
Great News!
5 Steps closer to The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klott becoming more than vaporware..

Top Bottom