• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

*Splinter

The text has been the same each time (except for the target). It references my time with the military and how our officers and captains were magically trained to issue commands from afar. And while I can't remember WHO I am hearing they sound familiar.

Then it makes the offer for me to change my existing command to the one being offered by responding with "OBEY". Or I can "REFUSE" the suggestion and keep my original command.

I do agree nothing in here explicitly states town, neutral or scum. Which is why I left that up to discussion in my request to find giant panda's role. I have no doubt he has that role, based on what he has said. However his alignment still up for questions.

Also with this being a moderator mistake I'm going to let the information snafu between swamped/*splinter go by.
Ok. I guess it's still possible to be neutral/scum but I feel a lot better about that description.

*Splinter

So unless I've already gone wrong, I'm looking for 4 scum in the following 5 players.

EzekelRage
Oceanic air
Swamped
Kyanrute
WhereAreMahDragonz

(This is why you kill the confirmed townies over anything else.)

I'd really like for Zeke to be scum, but I'm more confident on Oceanic.

Dragonz I suspected yesterday but I want to double check that. I feel like it was easy to get votes on Dragonz (although this logic completely failed me on LP)

*Splinter

Hmm... part of me thinks Swamped has been encouraging me from the sidelines all game... but on the other hand I can't believe she would leave Zipped/Soph alive this long.

If it comes down to it, it's really hard to separate Kyan/Swamped

Splinter seems to have done a complete 180 today, but that may be my bias talking since the heat is off me.

The reason I put him OR OceanicAir is because they were on each other's scum list and OA was #2 on Splinter's list. It would be too blatant.

From baddie to goodie:

1. [m] Lone_Prodigy
16. [-] Seath

4. [m] EzekelRAGE
11. [m] OceanicAir
15. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz
12. [f] Swamped
18. [m] *Splinter
7. [m] GiantPanda

13. [m] gorlak
17. [m] fengshuifever
9. [f] Sophia
10. [m] Zippedpinhead

My list would be something like that. Scummies at the top, the two I feel the strongest about. Middle part is the moderate/no read land, Swamped, Splinter and Giant Panda are not sure for now. Getting scum leaning vibes from OA and Ezekel. Dragonz is a meta read, she does not fit my impression of a newbie. The bottom group are the folks that I imagine we will joining the dead rather soon, that is, they I feel are at least semi-confirmed or semi-believable townies.

Will be around for a hour or so, then I don't think I'll be back sooner than t-minus 12h. With that, I'd like to bring up the god-killing commands. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks; are the commands alone enough to deter us from killing the people who know a part of the spell?

I said Kyan OR Swamped because both of these "vote now, more later" posts were pretty close to each other.

Going off now, I'll leave this so I can't be blamed for not voting if a surprise turbo happens.

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

I have a lot to say, but will only have time to type everything up at lunch...

For now though:

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

In general 'inactivity' doesn't bother me. BUT earlier this day phase I pointed out that LP seemed convinced that a scum redirect would have been towards Crimson. This seemed like he knew more than he was letting on, like he made some assumptions that I don't think a townie would have. For example, is there even a scum redirect power? Why not assume that it was redirected to Freak? He has since given reasoning for it, but I'm not super convinced.

I found something interesting about OA. Tune in next time~

Dragonz put Swamped on her top scum list.

...I must've missed the post. Oops.

I don't have any strong reads at the moment; everyone's acting weird, I'm exhausted and kinda buzzed, nothing in this thread makes sense anymore.

If I had to pick someone off of immediate gut reactions it would be LP or Swamped, because I literally know fuck all about them and it's suspicious to me. Top town is probably Sophia.

Other than that I've got nothing important to add and don't want to A) Do a drive by and contribute nothing or B) word vomit points others have made and waste time

Later Swamped looks into Dragonz and doesn't see anything scummy.

Kevyt

Lynch me to find out if I'm a real god or not.

Other than that, there's nothing more I'll say on the subject for now.

I think town losing Gorlak was a huge hit.

I need to gather my thoughts.

After Kyan votes for me, he ignores me for the rest of the day. These are his posts before the end of D3:

It appears to me that I misunderstood you completely. When you spoke of phrases, you meant the fluff on the dreams or anything that was not the command itself. I interpreted the "phrases" as you wanting to confirm the dreamers via outing some phrases of the kill spell. My apologies, it appears that my comment was completely wrong.

I'm do not think that the dreams work as a justification for a lynch, not at all. I instead wanted to bring up the topic because Seath was on my scum list and he had claimed to have received a dream. I asked myself, would the dream alone be enough of a reason to not go for a Seath lynch, whenever it would come. I was feeling that it would not be the case but I wanted to hear if others had different ideas as I was not certain about it.

And now Seath did the thing he did. Thinking.

Stuff about Seath and dreams.

I think we should just let Seath be and find him entertaining or something. He could very well be what he claims to be and in that case, going for a no lynch or whatever it is that happens with a god-lynch is dumdum.

More Seath.

and a another shitpost to follow it

Some exchange with Gorlak.

I am getting annoyed really. I am reading the thread and thinking about all the things when I was not here. I am late to the fucking discussion because I was not around when it happened. If I say nothing, I am coasting. If I say something, I am coasting. Fucking hell.

Tired of being called out.

*thinking about all the things that happened when I was not here.

Splinter? I find Ezekel's gorlak gorlak gorlak pointless as well so I get the ignore though it is very much an overreaction. Besides that, Splinter would be a town lean for me.

Comments on Splinter.

Cool. gorlak gorlak gorlak was my reasoning to why would someone put you on ignore (still a major overreaction), nothing about Splinter in that. I feel that you were/are barking at the wrong three in gorlak. With Splinter being the new target, I feel his flip could tell a lot about you.

More on Splinter and Gorlak.

Hmm, a fine point about the gambit. Splinter, why so short-sighted? Why give up the ruse so early instead of riding it to the end?

The premise in the "Splinter lynch tells something about you" was that you continue the case against him and commit to him by having a vote on him at the day's end. If this happens, and he flips town, it would look bad on you. I think gorlak is town. You hound him. You hound Splinter. He dies and flips town. Bad. In the opposite case, you would be receiving #townpoints.

Splinter and Gorlak yet again.

At least Swamped came back and said my posts about the redirect were scummy (and they were a continuation of D2 so at least there's some merit there). But in a contested vote Kyan just leaves his vote on me while continuing to talk about Gorlak, Splinter, and Seath.

Swamped

Banned
Poor Gorlak. There goes my SK theory. I guess they were scared of his roleblock. His flip pretty much cements that one of the scum powers is indeed a redirect, because as town he wouldn't lie about having targeted LP.

I think our job is fairly easy now. We have a small number of players and two confirmed townies, plus two gods who are unlynchable. And Feng is most certainly town. But it sounds like we can only vote once, so I'll vote about 12 hours before the end of the day phase, to account for time zones.

1. [m] Lone_Prodigy - claims K, is definitely a God
4. [m] EzekelRAGE
7. [m] Giant Panda - claims Captain, commands confirmed by Zipped
9. [f] Sophia - confirmed town
10. [m] Zippedpinhead - confirmed town
11. [m] OceanicAir
12. [f] Swamped
14. [m] Kyanrute
15. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz
16. [-] Seath - claims P, unconfirmed
17- [m] fengshuifever - LR, must be town
18. [m] *Splinter

GP says he gives 'suggestions' which seems benign. But on D2 Zipped mentioned that if he refused there 'would be consequences' or something like that, I'll find the quote. Zipped, is this true? That something bad would happen to you if you did not obey? N2 GP says that he asked Zipped to be protected, which makes sense since he was an outed PR. Perhaps this command would have gone to Crimson, seeing as he was the doctor. Crimson died N2, but he likely protected Zipped that night. I'm leaning town on GP.

It's a bit ridiculous that Splinter thinks there are 4 followers of P excluding Seath from the player list. If LP is to be believed, P is most likely not a neutral and is aligned with scum. So you are suggesting there are 5 scum players out of 18, meaning we are in mylo today.

Sophia

Splinter seems to have done a complete 180 today, but that may be my bias talking since the heat is off me.

No, it's not just you. I didn't want to say anything given how shit my reads have been lately, but now that you've brought it up I'll just saying outright

He's acting as if he's a confirmed townie, and I didn't get that impression last day phase.

*Splinter

Fair point Swamped, if Komena is scum there is probably only 3 others.

Sophia: I'm not confirmed in any way, technically I haven't even claimed. I have a fuller list of suspects earlier that included me, but anyone on that list can obviously exclude themselves in theory own considerations. The 5 I just posted are the 5 I need to consider.

Sophia

I know you're not confirmed. But I get the impression that, right now, you act as if you are. Don't think it's a scumtell, but it's unsettling none the less.

Swamped

Banned
I'm not sure I like that people have taken Seath for granted. Look at it from the POV of if he was ordinary scum, a follower of P. He decides to randomly claims Perry (there was not much heat on him from what I remember). The first player to claim a god role. Because he's the first it gives him 'credibility'. This pretty much makes him untouchable for a long time, the ideal position for scum. Why do this? He was either trying to save someone on his team or steer the conversation in a different direction. Having said that I don't think he's the right lynch for today, but I'm going to re-read D3.

Swamped

Banned
Hmm... odd that scum didn't make Zipped target Seath... Maybe it was an x shot?

How do you know that they didn't? Zipped said he got a 'no result'. Presumably he would have got this if he had been redirected to Seath (and if Seath is telling the truth about being a God). Besides, since N3 was ninja, Zipped would have gotten a 'no result' regardless. From Gorlak's reaction it was clear he didn't know he had been redirected until the day had begun and the deaths were announced. Unless I'm missing something, I think this is a strange comment to make.

GP, what are the names of your specific actions?

Lists of the 7 actions Zipped got N1. I didn't really understand the post, but I think the Obey/Refuse is suppose to be in here as well?

Targets, Protect, Kill, Absorb, View, Holy Ward,

Feng claims Activate was used, but didn't show up for Zipped who shouldve seen all active actions and no passive ones.
============================================
Thinking about the Gorlak situation, I think Splinter is still worth a look/lynch. We assume he was killed over a confirmed townie because of the small chance he would RB scum. That doesn't make sense because Gorlak's town flip confirms there is a redirect role. So why would they fear Gorlak's roleblock? Also, as splinter said, Gorlak
was still lynchable. So there was really no reason to kill him.

I think it might have been to harm my credibility for any arguments I couldve made. Especially after I made this post:
I'm willing to take w/e consequences/scum reads for me that would come with a town gorlak flip. I've argued my case and to me it makes sense and could be possible.

No, there is no bias it is a str8 180 from his attitude last day phase.

Splinter
Believed Gorlak would target/kill him/Is scum targeter - Notice that after this post, this is when Splinter turns to a different person it seems. Wastes time arguing about why I should understand why Gorlak would shoot. In hindsight, it was a nice distraction about the real topic, why HE would know Gorlak would target/shoot him.
Bad play/Gambit - Was a lie and back tracked on it when confronted about it.
FEP Vote - Wanted to use it as a base to look for scum, but claims FEP vote was justified when Sophia use the FEP vote against him.
Gorlak - Defended Gorlak very hard.
Master Manipulator?- Admitted to trying to get Gor to use Vig shot on Darryl
Exchange with Dragonz - Seemed fabricated to make him seem more town. Would make ppl go "Why would he openly talk like that about scum if he was one."
Confirmed town - He keeps mentioning how scum should/shouldve killed more confirmed townies. This goes with the same thing with the dragonz point.

Sophia

I'm not sure I like that people have taken Seath for granted. Look at it from the POV of if he was ordinary scum, a follower of P. He decides to randomly claims Perry (there was not much heat on him from what I remember). The first player to claim a god role. Because he's the first it gives him 'credibility'. This pretty much makes him untouchable for a long time, the ideal position for scum. Why do this? He was either trying to save someone on his team or steer the conversation in a different direction. Having said that I don't think he's the right lynch for today, but I'm going to re-read D3.

Well, lets take a look at the conversation then....

At the time Seath claimed godhood:

LP Saying the last two votes made him suspect #912
Splinter bringing up EzekelRage's last game with him(or whatever that was about) at #915
Splinter comments on turbo range at at #916, and saying that he didn't think 4/7 was turbo range
Me saying I didn't care much for the meta arguments at #923
Splinter replying to me at #925
Me arguing about Splinter hunting scum at #926
Seath unvotes at #931
Seath votes EzekelRage at #933
Splinter responds to that vote, "Why?" in bold and italics at #934
GiantPanda declared his intent to potentially policy lynch at #935
I claimed my intent to potentially policy lynch at #938
Seath claimed godhood at #939

At the end of the day:

Zipped jumped on LP at #1053.
I chimed in at #1054
Seath voted for Dragonz at #1059
At #1061 I voted for LP and called Seath out
At #1063 he replied and voted for Splinter again
Dragons voted for Giant Panda at #1065
Gorlak appeared at #1066 asking if anyone was around
I replied to him at #1067
This... interesting comment from Splinter to Dragonz at #1068
Gorlak hammered the vote at #1070

Hmm. If I had to guess quickly, I'd say he was drawing the heat away from Splinter, Kyan, or yourself.

*shrugs*

GP, what are the names of your specific actions?

Lists of the 7 actions Zipped got N1. I didn't really understand the post, but I think the Obey/Refuse is suppose to be in here as well?

Targets, Protect, Kill, Absorb, View, Holy Ward,

Feng claims Activate was used, but didn't show up for Zipped who shouldve seen all active actions and no passive ones.

My commands don't have unique names. It just says that I can either send in Protect so-and-so tonight, or View so-and-so tonight. I have to send in my command in the first half of the night because my ability needs to resolve in time for Zipped/Crimson to get a chance to change to my suggestion. So my ability is no longer a going concern by the time Feng's lightning rod would be used. My ability doesn't really target either so there's nothing to redirect.

I don't really know what you're saying, but ok.

I don't know why no one else has really accused me today, but that's on them.

Scum will avoid mentioning fellow scum until absolutely necessary.

What happened to your top scum list? I'm no longer one it. Do you still think OA is scummy?

Splinter responds to that vote, "Why?" in bold and italics at #934

I also found that weird and questioned it. Especially when he had ignored Seath's other votes.

Then today when you mentioned Seath's vote, this is his comment:
just by throwing a few random votes out. II don't know why you reacted to that but if he does it again please ignore it. This is the only way to deal with living scum.

He wants you to ignore it but has no problem asking Seath why he voted for me.

Sophia

Related tidbit that may or may not be relevant: I claimed you my top town at #874, not counting Zipped who is obviously confirmed town.

The way he acted almost sounds like Splinter thinks the same way. Need to go back over his posts and see if he mentioned any such reads or any indications tho.

Also, clarification because I typed that in a hurry: LP claimed the last two votes made him suspect at #912, those two were (in LP's own words) Kyan and Swamped, which is why I listed the among the people Seath might have been drawing the heat away from.

My commands don't have unique names. It just says that I can either send in Protect so-and-so tonight, or View so-and-so tonight. I have to send in my command in the first half of the night because my ability needs to resolve in time for Zipped/Crimson to get a chance to change to my suggestion. So my ability is no longer a going concern by the time Feng's lightning rod would be used. My ability doesn't really target either so there's nothing to redirect.

W8, break it down for me.

You give a player the ability to view or protect OR you give them the option to use their power on the specified person?

N1 - Zipped
N2 - Crimson
N3 - Zipped

are the action nights correct?

W8, break it down for me.

You give a player the ability to view or protect OR you give them the option to use their power on the specified person?

N1 - Zipped
N2 - Crimson
N3 - Zipped

are the action nights correct?

Zipped and Crimson already have their own power to view or protect. During the first half of the night, I can say hey, go use your ability on this person, though I don't know who I'm giving this advice to. The person receiving my advice is free to ignore it. So I'm just giving them the option to use their power on the specified person.

Night 1 I said view sophia because she was acting odd day 1. This was before I knew exactly what the viewing was.
Night 2 I said protect Zipped because he was a clear townie.
Night 3 I said view Swamped. I knew Zipped wouldn't be able to see anything but I made this choice so that I could claim and make it obvious that I was telling the truth. That's why I brought up swamped before Zipped mentioned who he targeted.

Sophia

Seems kind of odd.... what exactly is the purpose of the obey/refuse that Zipped mentioned if they can simply ignore it? Just flavor...?

I asked what panda's win condition was because I figured he was a nuetral that had to convince people to obey his commands. This makes sense thematically, and gives us a "human" neutral.

I'm 90% panda isn't scum, but I still think it's 50/50 that he is neutral vs town.

Zipped and Crimson already have their own power to view or protect. During the first half of the night, I can say hey, go use your ability on this person, though I don't know who I'm giving this advice to. The person receiving my advice is free to ignore it. So I'm just giving them the option to use their power on the specified person.

Night 1 I said view sophia because she was acting odd day 1. This was before I knew exactly what the viewing was.
Night 2 I said protect Zipped because he was a clear townie.
Night 3 I said view Swamped. I knew Zipped wouldn't be able to see anything but I made this choice so that I could claim and make it obvious that I was telling the truth. That's why I brought up swamped before Zipped mentioned who he targeted.

Ok, I think I get it.
You go View or Protect Player.
A random person (but must have the ability) receives the suggestion and they can follow or refuse.

Well, I assure you I'm not neutral, I'm a follower of Komena.

Seems kind of odd.... what exactly is the purpose of the obey/refuse that Zipped mentioned if they can simply ignore it? Just flavor...?

Yes, it's just flavor as far as I can tell. I can tell you I was initially very confused when Zipped first mentioned receiving gifts in exchange for following Komena's orders on day 2, but he's since cleared that up as attempted misdirection.

Ok, I think I get it.
You go View or Protect Player.
A random person (but must have the ability) receives the suggestion and they can follow or refuse.

Yeah, you've got it.

I asked what panda's win condition was because I figured he was a nuetral that had to convince people to obey his commands. This makes sense thematically, and gives us a "human" neutral.

I'm 90% panda isn't scum, but I still think it's 50/50 that he is neutral vs town.
I agree that he isn't scum. I doubt they would have two abilities having to do with targeting ppl. If he is neutral, at least it seems we can win with him.
=============

Looks like we missing Feng and Dragonz?

Sophia

I won't deny I'm skeptical all things considered, but if you're that confident he's not scum, then I'm inclined to leave him alone for now.

*Splinter

How do you know that they didn't? Zipped said he got a 'no result'. Presumably he would have got this if he had been redirected to Seath (and if Seath is telling the truth about being a God). Besides, since N3 was ninja, Zipped would have gotten a 'no result' regardless. From Gorlak's reaction it was clear he didn't know he had been redirected until the day had begun and the deaths were announced. Unless I'm missing something, I think this is a strange comment to make.
Since gods are untargetable we're assuming Zipped would have gotten a different result. That was the whole point of Zipped targeting Seath to verify his god claim. If scum had redirected him to Seath then he would think whoever he checked was a god, unless this doesn't work for some reason.

So maybe they thought he would check Seath and redirected to someone else?

*Splinter

Scum will avoid mentioning fellow scum until absolutely necessary.

What happened to your top scum list? I'm no longer one it. Do you still think OA is scummy?
How could you still be in my scum list?

I've already said that OA is my preferred lynch today. I'll put Zeke in second now that he's neutral hunting in possible mylo.

Kyanrute

I said Kyan OR Swamped because both of these "vote now, more later" posts were pretty close to each other.

After Kyan votes for me, he ignores me for the rest of the day. These are his posts before the end of D3:

Stuff about Seath and dreams.

More Seath.

Some exchange with Gorlak.

Tired of being called out.

Comments on Splinter.

More on Splinter and Gorlak.

Splinter and Gorlak yet again.

At least Swamped came back and said my posts about the redirect were scummy (and they were a continuation of D2 so at least there's some merit there). But in a contested vote Kyan just leaves his vote on me while continuing to talk about Gorlak, Splinter, and Seath.

I feel that you attribute the "vote -> more" into me without justification. I put down the vote before I went to drink with some friends. Did not know when would I be able to post next; could've been sooner, could've been later. You were at the top of my list so at that point you felt like a very good lynch. Many people had voiced their suspicion of you, vote or no vote, so I considered it a possibility that you could be turboed while I was away, even if I put my vote on you or not. Considering all options, possibilities and eventual outcomes, I concluded that voting you at that point was the best solution. I feel that it is to the benefit of town that people are open with their stances towards each other. There was no need to hold back my vote.

When I eventually came back, I did not bother to comment on you because you said nothing worthy of a comment. I saw nothing that was strange to me, nothing that needed further clarification or anything that had not already been asked. I saw nothing to change my mind about you. I did not want to beat a dead horse and proceeded to see if there were any wolves in sheep's clothes.

Kyanrute

Comments on some other things:

Panda's role feels neutral. It is of very limited benefit to town and if it was a scum role, scum would've been given two town role commands right from the start. The latter feels like cheating. But what matter is that Panda is most likely not scum, so he should live for now.

The differences between Seath and LP are not that interesting, as Seath could just be telling whatever he likes. It is rather hard to tell as well the reasons behind the lies. His godhood is not worth testing.

I wonder where the dreams come from and what is their point if feng's n1 dream was not about the same thing that OA's dream on n2 was. Perhaps feng got the dream again, seeing as he has not shown up yet.

Seems a lot of people want OA dead today.

Hey, OA, how do you feel about that? Splinter and Kyan want you dead.

Don't really mind, if town wants to go with Splinter's sick reads again and lose the game then that's fine. Regardless of alignment he's the scum MVP, he's been wrong multiple times this game and he's wrong again. I saw this sort of play from the side of mafia in SW with Raindoc and I'd be one hell of an actor if I could act so differently in two games. I personally am tired of his BS (just one more chance! please believe me!) and he clearly should have died yesterday. Hell, I don't even know why he wants me dead, because I went after a shady Crimson day 1? a Zipped who made an awful decision with his power day 2? or voting for him when he was going after LP day 3?

If I'm wrong, life goes on and scum can turbo away but I know for certain that I'm town and if Splinter votes for me we will lose really don't see any other way this day will go for me.

This game he's voted for StarSketch, Gorlak, Darryl, FEP, LP (and me!) all not mafia along with Feng whose likely town, more than a third of the game. I flatly refuse to believe someone can be this bad at town.

Vote: *Splinter

So that's how I feel.

Sophia

Woah, uh.... hey.... way to throw down the gauntlet there. o_o;;;

That was kind of sort of dumb given we still have so much time left, you know...?

While I would be fine with voting Splinter, the fact you did it so early is a good enough excuse for scum to pile on you. Since they have 3-4 out of 7 for majority, it'll be hard to not get a tie.

Anyone thinking of sending a message?

Top Bottom