• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Sophia

We have seen nothing that says gods can perform actions in the daytime. LP didnt say nething about having another power other than dictates. I'm assuming the double vote would count as a separate power.

True, but we haven't seen anything that explicitly confirms they don't have day powers either. So I'm not sure that's confirmation that he's not Peripseros unless LP wishes to chime in. :p

Kyanrute

Please complete at your leisure. Scum, consult to make sure you have a good mix of bussing and not bussing and that your lists are different enough to not appear suspicious.

I'm looking at this list and I can't help but wonder what I have done to upset you all so. Throughout the game, I've always felt that I have been nothing but a valuable town member who's opinions are taken seriously into consideration and used accordingly in the fine art of scum hunting. Seriously, why does everyone think I am scum?

Sophia

Also, whats the benefit to lynching Seath again?

Reasons for lynching Seath:
  • Confirms or deconfirms he's a God
  • Prevents anyone else, such as Kyanrute, from playing the same way as him because they think we won't lynch him.
  • He's already lied about his role twice and refuses to roleclaim despite hinting at a role he's unlikely to achieve now that he's hinted at it.
  • We should have done it on Day 3 anyhow instead of letting him dance around the issue and mock us.
  • If he's un-lynchable, it confirms nobody else is a God.
Reason against lynching Seath:
  • He might be un-lynchable.
  • He might be a townie.

Got any other reasons beyond those two that we shouldn't lynch him? Do you believe Seath is a townie? Anyone else believe he's a townie?

Got any other reasons beyond those two that we shouldn't lynch him? Do you believe Seath is a townie? Anyone else believe he's a townie?
It creeped into my mind with the double vote thing. Because there is no scenario i could think of where a scum double voter Seath would out his power on a scum kyan with scum GP leading the charge.

But double vote was bs so, no I don't think he is town.

Kyanrute

It creeped into my mind with the double vote thing. Because there is no scenario i could think of where a scum double voter Seath would out his power on a scum kyan with scum GP leading the charge.

But double vote was bs so, no I don't think he is town.

Indeed you are correct. Kyan is not scum but town. Thank you.

*Splinter

Reasons for lynching Seath:
  • 1. Confirms or deconfirms he's a God
  • 2. Prevents anyone else, such as Kyanrute, from playing the same way as him because they think we won't lynch him.
  • 3. He's already lied about his role twice and refuses to roleclaim despite hinting at a role he's unlikely to achieve now that he's hinted at it.
  • 4. We should have done it on Day 3 anyhow instead of letting him dance around the issue and mock us.
  • 5. If he's un-lynchable, it confirms nobody else is a God.
Reason against lynching Seath:
  • He might be un-lynchable.
  • He might be a townie.

1. What is the benefit to this?
2. There can only be 1 Peripseros, so this shouldn't stop us lynching anyone else. Lets say we lynched Kyan and he is indeed Peripseros. Well ok you got your god confirmation and we can just as easily lynch Seath tomorrow.
3. Lynch All Liars is a weak strategy, especially so in Gafia. I don't doubt he is scum, that isn't the point or a benefit to lynching him today.
4. No we shouldn't, this isn't a benefit.
5. This is the same point as number 1. Its a description of what you want to do rather than an explanation as to why.

Reasons not to:
A. He is Peripseros, so we might be able to remove him without wasting a lynch.
B. We get rewards for removing someone today if we bet on it. This gives us another opportunity for a mass claim, plus whatever benefits the rewards give us. We need all the help we can get at the moment.
C. We have to find all the scum without missing to win. One of the scum is Peripseros, so it doesn't matter whether we hit that one today or any other day (whether its Seath or not). I'd rather we tried actual scumhunting today as we lose another confirmed townie tonight.

Kyanrute

2. There can only be 1 Peripseros, so this shouldn't stop us lynching anyone else. Lets say we lynched Kyan and he is indeed Peripseros. Well ok you got your god confirmation and we can just as easily lynch Seath tomorrow.
3. Lynch All Liars is a weak strategy, especially so in Gafia. I don't doubt he is scum, that isn't the point or a benefit to lynching him today.
5. This is the same point as number 1. Its a description of what you want to do rather than an explanation as to why.

Reasons not to:
B. We get rewards for removing someone today if we bet on it. This gives us another opportunity for a mass claim, plus whatever benefits the rewards give us. We need all the help we can get at the moment.
C. We have to find all the scum without missing to win. One of the scum is Peripseros, so it doesn't matter whether we hit that one today or any other day (whether its Seath or not). I'd rather we tried actual scumhunting today as we lose another confirmed townie tonight.

Eagerly raises his hand.

*Splinter

Oh maybe the scum team already bet on Kyan? They can certainly afford to lose a player at this point, and he was the most likely to be lynched anyway

Sophia

Seriously guys, look at this.

Everyone.

These are not the actions of a vanilla town player. A vanilla town player this late in the game has no reason to screw with us like this.

how much did you bet. gambling is bad you know. do you need help?

am sorry will try better next time.

ahem. is next time:

n

fuck. am sorry will try better next time.

Pepsi, the one true cola drink.

Just why does Pepsi taste so much better than Kokakola does? Heh. If only you knew.

Your soda bottles lay opened, their contents like dirty sewage water, unrefreshing. Here I stand, dancing in our little cave. I walk to our fridge and open a fresh, cold bottle of Pepsi.

Ahh. My thirst is quenched.

Hello, is this god? Yes, just wanted to say that you can trust me and in everything I say. Certainly, there is a purpose even in the strangest of things.

You know nothing and it entertains me greatly.

doitdoitdoit.

what could go wrong.

Everybody lies. All your preconceptions are false. There is only Pepsi.

How can you describe the divine itself with words? It is beyond senses. Beyond time. Beyond all.

I only wish you all could experience it. Through me, you can do it. Do it. I shall share the gift. We will be one with Pepsi.

Let's indeed.

Vote: Kyanrute

These are the actions of a scum player trying to draw attention away from Seath. The actions of someone who thinks they're unlynchable, either because they're a God or because they think we won't lynch them.

Why can Kyan get away with this? Because we didn't lynch Seath on Day 3 like we should have. We let him run wild out of fear of a no-lynch. A no lynched that happened anyhow precisely because he was running wild.

Reasons not to:

1. Confirming or deconfirming a God will make it easier to figure out where the remaining scum team is.
2. See above: Do you really think Kyan is just screwing with us because he's bored? After we all suddenly decided to put our votes on Seath?
3. And yet not putting his Godhood to the test resulted in him screwing around on us at the end of Day 3 and most of Day 4. Lynch All Liars seems like a whole better strategy for this scenario than what you're suggesting. :\

I don't really know what to tell you Splinter. If you wish to remove him without wasting a lynch, I suggest you figure it out. Personally, I don't really care to sit there and play fiddle with the God spell that may or may not exist and risk a confirmed townie dying or an unconfirmed townie twisting the spell and killing OUR God. The fact that you seem so adamant to let these two nincompoops run wild around the game doing as they please, and the fact that you seem to want to rely on killing a God when you don't even have the slightest clue how to go about that safely, worries me a lot.

Reasons not to:

1. Benefit is more concrete information. And zero risk to hit town.
2. You should follow your own advice. There is only one 1 Peri.
4. Yea we shouldve, or at least ystrday when we were uncertain about OA. If you wouldve stopped being stubborn about OA, you couldve saw that.

A. We have no guarantee he is Peri and we have no idea if we can remove him with the spells. We do know he is scum. Testing Seath today let's us know if we can lynch Kyan next day phase.
B. It says we get the reward for lynching someone, not that they have to be removed.
C. We have scum in Seath.

*Splinter

1. Confirming or deconfirming a God will make it easier to figure out where the remaining scum team is.

Please explain this point, because you've mentioned it before and I don't understand it.

I also don't know why you worry about people "screwing around". Seath is scum so I ignore him.

Sophia

Please explain this point, because you've mentioned it before and I don't understand it.

I also don't know why you worry about people "screwing around". Seath is scum so I ignore him.

If you think he's scum, and we know he's not a confirmed God, then lynch him.

Like we should have done on Day 3 when he first claimed, instead of waiting to Day 5 where the stakes are much higher.

Or do you have another guaranteed target you'd like to lynch?

*Splinter

1. Benefit is more concrete information. And zero risk to hit town.
2. You should follow your own advice. There is only one 1 Peri.
4. Yea we shouldve, or at least ystrday when we were uncertain about OA. If you wouldve stopped being stubborn about OA, you couldve saw that.

A. We have no guarantee he is Peri and we have no idea if we can remove him with the spells. We do know he is scum. Testing Seath today let's us know if we can lynch Kyan next day phase.
B. It says we get the reward for lynching someone, not that they have to be removed.
C. We have scum in Seath.

1. Spoiler alert: Seath doesn't die because he is Peripseros
2. Eh?
4. If you didn't want to lynch OA you shouldn't have lynched OA. I only have 1 vote.

A. We know the spells remove gods, Ocean claimed as much and was town. By this logic we could just as easily lynch Kyan to see if he's a god... or any of the other scum suspects. Every lynch will either lose the game, fail, or kill scum.
B. It also says gods can't be lynched.
C. Yeah but what about tomorrow? Sophia seems to think that confirming Seath leads us to more scum, so I guess I'll wait for her answer on that.

*Splinter

If you think he's scum, and we know he's not a confirmed God, then lynch him.

Like we should have done on Day 3 when he first claimed, instead of waiting to Day 5 where the stakes are much higher.

Or do you have another guaranteed target you'd like to lynch?

Why do I get to pick all the lynches?

If we had lynched Seath yesterday we'd still have lynched Ocean today. The stakes are the same because Seath doesn't change the game

Also the bolded doesn't make sense. He isn't a confirmed god, but I'd be willing to bet that he is.

You may see the benefit to ignoring players, but it doesn't help anything. For example

Let's say instead of ignoring OA for pretty much the entire day phase ystrday, until you cheery picked a random statement to vote him. You addressed the most basic of his concerns and answered why you thought he was scummy. Maybe ystrday wouldve went different.

*Splinter

Are you saying I successfully led a lynch on poor, innocent OA despite not giving a single explanation of his scumminess?

And that thats somehow my fault?

1. Spoiler alert: Seath doesn't die because he is Peripseros
2. Eh?
4. If you didn't want to lynch OA you shouldn't have lynched OA. I only have 1 vote.

A. We know the spells remove gods, Ocean claimed as much and was town. By this logic we could just as easily lynch Kyan to see if he's a god... or any of the other scum suspects. Every lynch will either lose the game, fail, or kill scum.
B. It also says gods can't be lynched.
C. Yeah but what about tomorrow? Sophia seems to think that confirming Seath leads us to more scum, so I guess I'll wait for her answer on that.

1. Spoiler Alert - You know this how?
4. You wanted ystrday to be you vs OA. So don't play innocent.

A. Or............lynch Seath to see if he is a god.
B. The reward argument is a weak excuse to not do Seath.
C. 2mrw we do Kyan. Since today we would find out if Seath is a god or not.

Sophia

Why do I get to pick all the lynches?

If we had lynched Seath yesterday we'd still have lynched Ocean today. The stakes are the same because Seath doesn't change the game

Also the bolded doesn't make sense. He isn't a confirmed god, but I'd be willing to bet that he is.

Your "bet" is useless tho, because it's based off him acting screwing, lying his ass off, voting for whoever he pleases (up to and including breaking the rules), and generally not helping town at all tho.

If you're willing to bet he a God, then why didn't you join me on a vote against him Day 3?

Do you really think it's a coincidence that I was the only person on that vote? Do you really think it's a coincidence that nobody jumped on the vote for you after you defended yourself in Day 4? C'mon man... :\

Kyanrute

that sounds rather dirty to me. i like it.

Sophia

Do you think it's a coincidence that Kyan is now acting like a giant goofball after I called him out on the end of Day 4? Or that we're now legitimately deciding to vote for Seath?

*Splinter

4. Again, I'm only 1 vote. I looked for who I thought was most scummy and then pushed for their lynch. Anyone who didn't do the same is more to blame than I am for how this game has gone.

A. Yes, this is what you are proposing, still not an explanation for why.
B. We don't even know what the rewards are, why are you so sure they aren't worth considering?
C. Why not kyan today, Seath tomorrow? Whats the difference?

The difference is that tomorrow we have 1 less confirmed townie voice, which is why I'd prefer us to scum hunt today rather than accept the easy option and then have to figure this out tomorrow.

Kyanrute

4. Again, I'm only 1 vote. I looked for who I thought was most scummy and then pushed for their lynch. Anyone who didn't do the same is more to blame than I am for how this game has gone.

B. We don't even know what the rewards are, why are you so sure they aren't worth considering?

The difference is that tomorrow we have 1 less confirmed townie voice, which is why I'd prefer us to scum hunt today rather than accept the easy option and then have to figure this out tomorrow.

Kyan today, Kyan tomorrow, Kyan forever.

4. The 1 vote excuse makes no sense. You actively went out of your way to make it you vs OA with your posts.

A. Not gonna repeat myself.
B. Why are you so sure it's worth losing the game over by possibly missing them for voting Seath?
C. Because one started acting extremely scummy when we were gonna lynch the other.

*Splinter

4. The 1 vote excuse makes no sense. You actively went out of your way to make it you vs OA with your posts.

A. Not gonna repeat myself.
B. Why are you so sure it's worth losing the game over by possibly missing them for voting Seath?
C. Because one started acting extremely scummy when we were gonna lynch the other.

4. No, people kept saying that "one of Splinter or Ocean must be scum". You said that specifically, I sure as hell didn't ask for a thunderdome based on gut reads.

B. I'm not risking the game for them. We have to lynch all the scum, soon as we miss its over. Lynching Seath today only prolongs the inevitable if we have townies lined up next.
C. Seath did the same thing when we were about to lynch LP. I agree that it looks like scum want to lynch Kyan today, and we should be wary of that. But I think its because he's going to be lynched anyway and they want the rewards for guessing it.

Sophia

Relevant, as it was OA that started the Splinter vs OA nonsense.

OA/Ezekel/dragonz on the shortlist at the moment. Reading you and Swamped again to decide if you two should be excluded or not.
Seems a lot of people want OA dead today.

Hey, OA, how do you feel about that? Splinter and Kyan want you dead.

Don't really mind, if town wants to go with Splinter's sick reads again and lose the game then that's fine. Regardless of alignment he's the scum MVP, he's been wrong multiple times this game and he's wrong again. I saw this sort of play from the side of mafia in SW with Raindoc and I'd be one hell of an actor if I could act so differently in two games. I personally am tired of his BS (just one more chance! please believe me!) and he clearly should have died yesterday. Hell, I don't even know why he wants me dead, because I went after a shady Crimson day 1? a Zipped who made an awful decision with his power day 2? or voting for him when he was going after LP day 3?

If I'm wrong, life goes on and scum can turbo away but I know for certain that I'm town and if Splinter votes for me we will lose really don't see any other way this day will go for me.

This game he's voted for StarSketch, Gorlak, Darryl, FEP, LP (and me!) all not mafia along with Feng whose likely town, more than a third of the game. I flatly refuse to believe someone can be this bad at town.

Vote: *Splinter

So that's how I feel.

Note the post by Kyanrute now that we have context that OA was town.

vote: Seath

Well, after that little display of completely unhelpful behavior I'm more convinced than ever that Seath and Kyan are scum. Lynching Seath is going to be easier today, due to the dictate. If all four scum vote Blarg then at worst there is a tie between Blarg and Seath, but in the process the scum out themselves.

Sophia

So unless I've already gone wrong, I'm looking for 4 scum in the following 5 players.

EzekelRage
Oceanic air
Swamped
Kyanrute
WhereAreMahDragonz

(This is why you kill the confirmed townies over anything else.)

I'd really like for Zeke to be scum, but I'm more confident on Oceanic.

Dragonz I suspected yesterday but I want to double check that. I feel like it was easy to get votes on Dragonz (although this logic completely failed me on LP)

How could you still be in my scum list?

I've already said that OA is my preferred lynch today. I'll put Zeke in second now that he's neutral hunting in possible mylo.

Also note these two posts from Splinter, long before OA casted his vote against him.

Sophia

So are you saying that Kyan had zero scum on his list?

I don't know, but I know he had one townie and two people I'm heavily leaning on townie. Especially because they're the only two "vanilla townies" who haven't gone crazy and are still providing extensive arguments.

That could change depending on Swamped (or anyone else's) arguments really. :\

Top Bottom