• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2010 Dec NBA Season Thread of Reilo said 'Wow'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what? Did I miss this or something?

Huffington Post said:
NEW YORK — Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Citing an anonymous source, the newspaper reports in Friday's edition that the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt. That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources tell the Post.

link

Ripclawe

Banned
Pickles the Firecat said:

Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Citing an anonymous source, the newspaper reports in Friday's edition that the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt. That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources tell the Post.

link

Third biggest killer right behind pork chops and FEMA

giga said:
I hope Javaris wasn't the first one to draw that gun. You were so good at GT :(

Apparently he didn't:

It was the three- time all-star Arenas, 27, who went for his gun first, sources said, draw ing on the 22-year-old Crittenton, who quickly brandished a firearm as well.

Washington Wizards Gilbert Arenas (above) and Javaris Crittenton had allegedly been arguing over a bet debt when they drew guns.

It was not clear whether other teammates saw the shocking standoff, which happened on a practice day.
The duel in DC -- unprecedented in sports history -- was sparked when Crittenton became enraged at the vet eran guard for refusing to make good on a gambling debt, a source said.
"I'm not your punk!" Crittenton shouted at Arenas, according to a league source close to the Wizards.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

link
ChapelleHuuuh.gif

What the hell? That shit is no joking matter.

They're looking at year long suspensions, at least. NBA careers over.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I pray to the jesus that this allows the Wiz to back out of Gil's contract. PLEASE OH PLEASE LET THERE BE A NO GUNPLAY CLAUSE

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Come on Morey, work you magic....

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/80460547.html
Fri, Jan. 1

According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to the Sixers if the Sixers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of young talent included in the deal.

The source said that the teams have not spoken in "more than a week," but that a deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

The Rockets, one of only a handful of NBA teams willing to take on salary, would have to be overwhelmed by the talent included - perhaps power forward Thaddeus Young, point guard Lou Williams, or center Marreese Speights - to take on contracts for McGrady's expiring deal.

The same source said the Rockets were unwilling to trade McGrady for Sixers center Samuel Dalembert and power forward Elton Brand, although the source confirmed that the Sixers have been trying to unload both players.

Stefanski better stand strong on this.. Iguodala/Brand/??? or no deal. Just trading Iguodala doesn't help us out at all with our salary situation.

Zep said:
Stefanski better stand strong on this.. Iguodala/Brand/??? or no deal. Just trading Iguodala doesn't help us out at all with our salary situation.

None of that is actually real, it's just the Rockets leaking info to try and start the bidding high. I'll be pretty surprised if anybody gives up a legit building block for half a season of Me-Mac in contract mode. It's going to be the usual inefficient players on bad deals thing.

commish

LiveFromKyoto said:
None of that is actually real, it's just the Rockets leaking info to try and start the bidding high. I'll be pretty surprised if anybody gives up a legit building block for half a season of Me-Mac in contract mode. It's going to be the usual inefficient players on bad deals thing.

He'll be moved to a team that wants to clear up extra space for summer 2010.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

link

bah back in my day players settled duels with weights to the dome..

even minor scrubs like Jarvis is packing heat these days..

commish

Rodeo Clown said:
Jax faced felony charges relating to a gun incident and got 7 games.

It's a billion times worse to draw a gun on a fraking teammate in the locker room. Stern will not tolerate the NBA turning into a thug league.

Cloudy

Banned
This better not be true cos Stern will make an example of Gil. Wiz are headed nowhere fast anyways so he has no reason to be lenient...

KingGondo

Banned
Wonder what would happen if Gil is suspended for the year? Would the Wiz still be on the hook for his salary?

I only ask as someone who would very much like to have Brendan Haywood on my team.

KingGondo

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
His contract year has you fooled.
Maybe. The Mavs Big Man Scholarship Fund will probably outbid us in the offseason, anyway. I wouldn't want to pay him any more than $7 million/year, and I doubt Presti would either (unless it were a short-term deal).

I'm actually pretty excited to see what rabbit he pulls out of his hat before the trade deadline.

commish

Rodeo Clown said:
His contract year has you fooled.

? his stats per minute are pretty much in line with his entire career. This is just the first time ever he's receiving more than 30 min a game.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
KingGondo said:
Wonder what would happen if Gil is suspended for the year? Would the Wiz still be on the hook for his salary?

Nah they'd seek arbitration over a big chunk of his salary.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
K.Jack said:
For drawing guns on each other in the locker room? No way Stern goes as light as 10 games.

Yeah, I think David Stern is going to stick his foot so far up Arenas' ass that he'll be sucking his toes for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom