• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Purpose Girl-GAF Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ladies, just dropping by to say what's up
so we can't ask random questions here, bummer :(

haha that pic also makes me :lol every time I see it

SRG01

I have this one female friend who secretly loves men's clothes but wouldn't be caught dead wearing it in public.

Personally, I appreciate the aesthetics of women's fashion a lot more since there's a lot more you can do with it. Guys have, what, collared/uncollared shirts, jeans/slacks. That's it. Oh, and maybe a belt.

There's a reason why women's shirts are called "tops." It's because they come in so many varieties!

Boogie

Ashes1396 said:
So we've got sexism, woman's rights, look how worse it was before moments, sexist jokes, hey woman fart like men do, then more sexist jokes, see how far we've come, let's ask women what they think, then questions about whether a poster is actually a women. And I think we've had:post pics bit already. ~I don't know why I'm surprised, it kind of represents the real world we live in. :/

edit: what'd ya know, first hundred post summary as well.

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ashes1396 said:
So we've got sexism, woman's rights, look how worse it was before moments, sexist jokes, hey woman fart like men do, then more sexist jokes, see how far we've come, let's ask women what they think, then questions about whether a poster is actually a women. And I think we've had:post pics bit already. ~I don't know why I'm surprised, it kind of represents the real world we live in. :/

edit: what'd ya know, first hundred post summary as well.
I don't see a problem, with asking for a female perspective. I like to get different viewpoints from people all the time.

Noshino

esquire said:
I don't envy that. I can get away with wearing a t-shirt and jeans everyday and no one will say anything to me, but if a girl does that she'll probably get called out by her peers for being "frumpy."

maybe it was because of my environment, but it was hard to get away with that, specially when it came to pants and shoes.

In the other hand, women can make anything look good, I was once proved wrong by a girl I was dating, she could make anything look good, even my clothes.

Ryn said:
Not in all sizes though! Being a relatively short girl I have a hell of a time trying to find a good pair of pants that I think look good and actually fit me lol. A lot of the ones I like tend to drag on the floor if I try them on. :(

I said that you ladies have it easier when it comes to selection and prices, but when it comes to picking one, you are too damn picky! Hell, I don't even try clothes on before buying them (custom tailored clothes don't count), if they don't fit me, I ll return them at a later date :p

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how sh..."relatively" short are you?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Yesss I finally can follow what's going on in here... So much nicer than that first fish for women thread..

So we have farting women on gaf and chicks that take monster shits when drunk?? My kind of chicks.. Welcome ladies.. What brought you guys around here?

Tence said:
What is a stap on?

http://www.stap.com/aboutus.html said:
"STAP is an integrated marketing/communications agency that serves major market clients from a small town, Midwestern perspective. Founded in 1990, we’re headquartered in Richland, Michigan, a village halfway between Detroit and Chicago."

Their philosophy:
We believe in sound strategy. In smart research. In planning. But nothing is more important to us than creating great work. Work that solves a problem, addresses a need, and connects with an audience.

So to "get the end of my stap on" could mean to get the worst performance out of someone. Perhaps Munch meant that if one were to ask her a "Dear Abbey" question, which she surely does not want to happen, then she would put in minimal effort while responding, thus providing an answer that has been derived with little thought or higher cognitive processes.

Plywood said:
I agree that it 'seems' the majority of them only like to talk about them being women and their clitoris. But I also think its because possibly women are not inherently funny. So they have to try even harder to be. (Not being sexist, just trying to make an observation here.) Though I'll admit as I guy I found the clip funny, not because of the words per say, but the noise she made to explain their 'communicating on a different level' and her mannerisms from there on. So I suppose while the clip wasn't exactly laugh out loud, it made me smile, seeing her act goofy/silly. Maybe they aren't naturally funny because society doesn't expect it out of them. What do you think?
If you wanna get psychological about it, they also have to work harder to be funny because they've got your (subconscious) bias working against them. If a man told the exact same jokes, it's more likely they'd be considered funny... it's like the old 'female bosses' syndrome, really.

AqueousTransmission said:
Anybody else start their period today? Ahahaha. *guy-gaf lurkers bail*
I'm on the pill, so you could set your fucking clock to my period. My calculations suggest First Blood will occur on Wednesday.

noisome07

Banned
whitehawk said:
nice to finally have a thread to ourselves :)

hello. im not female

rthqhj.jpg

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
whitehawk said:
nice to finally have a thread to ourselves :)

hello. im not female
Get out you. And it's funny. When I first started posting here, some people thought I was female. When I blurted out in a thread that I was a guy, some gaffers went, "wha-".

Baki

Inanna said:
There are more of us than you think... Case in point; THIS topic.

So, by popular demand, here is the official Girl-GAF topic. Where girls of GAF can hang out and talk about games, TV shows, sex, human genitalia, girls' clothes versus guys' clothes, whether Samus could beat master Chef or not, any random topic that we can think of AND swear like a sailor.

Male Gaffers are more than welcome to join the conversation. Don't be a creep and ask for pictures. This is NOT "Post new pics! DO IT! Now!!" topic.

PS: Sorry Girl-GAF, Munch and I couldn't pick one title, so we decided to keep it short and simple.

PPS: Do NOT confuse this topic with Girl-age... This topic is not about relationship/friend-zone problems.

This topic will die quick then. :lol :lol

Chuckie

Tony Danza said:
So to "get the end of my stap on" could mean to get the worst performance out of someone. Perhaps Munch meant that if one were to ask her a "Dear Abbey" question, which she surely does not want to happen, then she would put in minimal effort while responding, thus providing an answer that has been derived with little thought or higher cognitive processes.

:lol

Question answered.

wRATH2x

Banned
Whoompthereitis said:
Totally off-topic, but your avatar reminded me: Visited Bruce Lee's grave on Saturday.
Damn man I'd love to visit someday.
AgentWhiskersX said:
I'm having a hard time believing it as it is mang. Btw, I didn't see your call the other day. What's up?
Nothing much man, was bored and wanted to chat at that time.

Munch

Holy shit I went to bed and woke up to this.

Anyways, yes you'll get my STAPon, as well as my strap on.

Also the "LOL, I'm a girl, jk not really" meme is...kind of old. As is the "Oh wow, women..oh wait this isn't the thread I was expecting..shit, carry on GAF" meme. I expected better of you GAF.

As for mommy-GAF, hey_monkey is a pretty excellent mother and she has the cutest baby up in here. I will fight to the death on that one. :D

As for east coast rap like someone asked: I don't listen to a lot of rap because of the use of the n-word in it. If someone could recommend me some rappers who don't use it, I'd be more into it. That's not to say you can substitute the n-word with rampant misogyny/homophobia :p

Carry on ladies...and women.

wRATH2x

Banned
Plywood said:
I agree that it 'seems' the majority of them only like to talk about them being women and their clitoris. But I also think its because possibly women are not inherently funny. So they have to try even harder to be. (Not being sexist, just trying to make an observation here.) Though I'll admit as I guy I found the clip funny, not because of the words per say, but the noise she made to explain their 'communicating on a different level' and her mannerisms from there on. So I suppose while the clip wasn't exactly laugh out loud, it made me smile, seeing her act goofy/silly. Maybe they aren't naturally funny because society doesn't expect it out of them. What do you think?
I don't know, I didn't think she was funny.

Girls can be funny though, I'm sure of it. The only problem is most of these female "comedians" are either hot and their guy friends always laughed at their jokes no matter how bad they were, or fat chicks who are funny cause they're fat.

I like Ellen Degeneres. I hate her show but her stand up can be funny.

PBY

Banned
Munch said:

Also the "LOL, I'm a girl, jk not really" meme is...kind of old. As is the "Oh wow, women..oh wait this isn't the thread I was expecting..shit, carry on GAF" meme. I expected better of you GAF.

As for mommy-GAF, hey_monkey is a pretty excellent mother and she has the cutest baby up in here. I will fight to the death on that one. :D

As for east coast rap like someone asked: I don't listen to a lot of rap because of the use of the n-word in it. If someone could recommend me some rappers who don't use it, I'd be more into it. That's not to say you can substitute the n-word with rampant misogyny/homophobia :p

I came into this thread thinking it was a girl-age thread, saw what was going out, and was in the process of backing out slowly til I saw the bolded; you should make your way over to the hip hop thread, but off the top of my head, you should check out (just in recent/ semi-new releases):
-Revolutions Per Minute by Reflection Eternal (Talib Kweli + DJ Hi Tek)
-Mos Def (the Ecstatic)
-Random bonus hip hop suggestion: A Badly Broken Code by Dessa- yeah, a female rapper thats actually good; not posting that here just because its a "gurl rapper" but because its actually one of my favorite albums this year period.
... there are way more, but its 7 AM here, and I'm tired as hell

Munch

peterb0y said:
I came into this thread thinking it was a girl-age thread, saw what was going out, and was in the process of backing out slowly til I saw the bolded; you should make your way over to the hip hop thread, but off the top of my head, you should check out (just in recent/ semi-new releases):
-Revolutions Per Minute by Reflection Eternal (Talib Kweli + DJ Hi Tek)
-Mos Def (the Ecstatic)
-Random bonus hip hop suggestion: A Badly Broken Code by Dessa- yeah, a female rapper thats actually good; not posting that here just because its a "gurl rapper" but because its actually one of my favorite albums this year period.
... there are way more, but its 7 AM here, and I'm tired as hell

Mos Def uses the N-word. >____>

DMeisterJ

Banned
AqueousTransmission said:
I hate mayo.

So let's get this party started. Anybody see the Desperate Housewives finale tonight? Eh? (I know, I know; it's my guilty pleasure)
I did! I've seen every episode over the last 4 years and I love it like a fat kid loves cake. I can't wait to figure out who is affected by 'the secret' the nurse had to tell. I thought the finale was done really well and can't wait to see how the dynamic changes with the new neighbor that moved in.

Love this show to pieces.

Speaking of shows that I watch that skew female, does anyone watch The Good Wife or 90210? Regular GAF doesn't watch them apparently, so I'm hoping that Girl-GAF does.

lexi

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
Speaking of shows that I watch that skew female, does anyone watch The Good Wife or 90210? Regular GAF doesn't watch them apparently, so I'm hoping that Girl-GAF does.

I like The Goodwife. Why I never seem to tire of lawyer shows is beyond me, though.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Jay Sosa said:
This will not end well..
319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

Jay Sosa said:
And hadn't we a thread like that already?

Think it was locked like a month ago :C
Nope, we didn't. I've been here for well over 2 years, if there was one I would have known about it. If GAY and Trans GAF can have a successful thread without trolls going about their business as usual, so can girl GAF.

Munch said:

Also, "this will not end well" is doing my head in... Seriously, WTF IS THIS SHIT? :\

Tinabina

DMeisterJ said:
I did! I've seen every episode over the last 4 years and I love it like a fat kid loves cake. I can't wait to figure out who is affected by 'the secret' the nurse had to tell. I thought the finale was done really well and can't wait to see how the dynamic changes with the new neighbor that moved in.

I <3 90210 :/

Zeppu

Oh look! Stuff is happening here now. That's why the old thread is dying.

Damn, now after clicking submit reply I'll be subscribed to this thread and addicted to it.

Oh well. Hi women, what's new?

DMeisterJ

Banned
tinabina said:
I <3 90210 :/

w00t! I've finally found someone on this earth that watches this show! So excited for the finale tomorrow. I wonder what's going to happen with this whole Naomi/Liam/Annie triangle. And I really am wondering why Jen is back. ugh.

And figuring out how the whole Wilson's marriage is going to work out is kind of saddening already knowing that the actor that plays the principal isn't coming back after this season. So either, Divorce, or a new actor plays the dad from now on. :/

Lexi said:
I like The Goodwife. Why I never seem to tire of lawyer shows is beyond me, though.

I love lawyer shows too, but I love Julianna Marguilies more. I've loved her since ER. <3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Questions for femGAF.

How do you feel about the "feminism" movement as it is today? As I understand it, feminism no longer has the same kind of unifying goal it did in the past. The diffusion of effort is paving the way for a vocal minority of "femnazis" misrepresenting feminists and giving the whole thing a bad rep like PETA is doing for animal rights activists.

Ceres

Banned
DMeisterJ said:

I can't do any of those CW shows or nighttime soaps in general anymore. I watched the original 90210 and Melrose Place but have no desire to watch the new ones. Last show I watched that is at all similar would be OC and I stopped watching midway s2.
I also don't watch anything on CBS except How I Met Your Mother. The Good Wife promos were hilarious though because of how obvious it was they used the Eliot Spitzer scandal.

Glee is the most "girly" show I watch. And that has a lot to do with my love for musicals.

I'm not surprised that a thread designed to get female gaffers out in the open has instead devolved into male GAF attention whoring.

Yeah, I'm definitely guilty of the latter now.

Then again, if the girls wanted us out of this thread - they could probably start talking about The Kardashians.

That would get male GAF out in a hurry.

Oh! Was catching up on the older replies. Mommy-GAF representin' right here. Munch already has my back about the adorableness of my child, but I'll work to cement it: oh yes.

Now we can all say there are topless pics up in this business.

Sirpopopop said:
I'm not surprised that a thread designed to get female gaffers out in the open has instead devolved into male GAF attention whoring.

Yeah, I'm definitely guilty of the latter now.

GAF wouldn't be GAF if someone wasn't attention-whoring. I mean, that's kind of 80% of how we do here! But eventually, eyes will stop popping in cartoony fashion and we'll just have a thread.

And if that doesn't work, then okay. Kardashians, I guess. And maybe also tampons.

Ceres

Banned
hey_monkey said:
GAF wouldn't be GAF if someone wasn't attention-whoring. I mean, that's kind of 80% of how we do here! But eventually, eyes will stop popping in cartoony fashion and we'll just have a thread.

And if that doesn't work, then okay. Kardashians, I guess. And maybe also tampons.

I don't know anything about the Kardashians so lets do tampons instead.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I actually love Keeping up w/ the Kardashians (at least the early seasons), and I've wanted to know about tampons a bunch anyway. Like, why would people want foreign objects up their orifices, and would not want to wear a pad. :/

Because pads can leak and then you have ick-nast running down your leg. Also, it's like having a pillow in your pants. Even the thin ones. At least, that's how I feel.

But I'm all hippie-fied so I keep thinking I'm gonna switch to one of those menstrual cups. Except I'm also OCD about hand-cleanliness, so I'm not sure I could maintain. There we go, ladies. I bet moon cups will drive all the guys away.

Re: the Kardashians, fuck those vapid wastes of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom