• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Purpose Girl-GAF Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Yo

Banned
Confused101 said:
Yeah, the average male height in the US is 5'10.5". So I'm the guy bringing down the average, eh? *sigh*

It's all good though. At least I have decent leg room in theaters and on planes. :D
It says 5'9 on that wikipedia page.

Dan Yo

Banned
hey_monkey said:
Are you just frequently butthurt or what? What is "typical," anyway? Even girly-girls aren't some fucking mysterious alternate species. Christ. Not that I particularly want this thread to be all OMG GIRLS NEED ADVICE NOW, but that doesn't mean you're not still a real piece of work.
Huh? What are you mad about?

Dan Yo said:
It says 5'9 on that wikipedia page.
Sorry, I went by the *White Americans, 20–39* category since it applied more directly to me. And if you want to get real specific, it actually says 5'9.5" for all Americans, 20+.

Regardless, I'm bringing down the average whichever way you look at it.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Confused101 said:
Sorry, I went by the *White Americans, 20–39* category since it applied more directly to me. And if you want to get real specific, it actually says 5'9.5" for all Americans, 20+.

Regardless, I'm bringing down the average whichever way you look at it.
How tall are you?

Inanna said:
How tall are you?
5 feet 6 inches. Bleh. I used to think I was 5'7" for a long time. Even had it on my drivers license for a while. Then I went to the doctor for something and she measured me.

Disappointment total. :lol

Confused101 said:
5 feet 6 inches. Bleh. I used to think I was 5'7" for a long time. Even had it on my drivers license for a while. Then I went to the doctor for something and she measured me.

Disappointment total. :lol

I always check when I walk past one of those measurement things, just in case, fingers crossed. Always 5'6". Just seems like such a boring height!

I'm 5'7 and taller than many women I know (even have to buy "long" jeans, annoying) and my boyfriend is 6'3, imo it's a perfect height match (I <3 tall guys). My mom and two sisters are all several inches taller than me and make fun of me for being a "shrimp", though :p Also, I'm from SE Michigan, which is supposed to be considered the Midwest (referring to Sklorenz's post).

Munch

I entered the wrong fucking thread. THE WRONG FUCKING THREAD.

Ugh, ladies I need happy thoughts. Happy. Thoughts.

Question: Why do most girls find taller guys more attractive? Is it a taller=longer dick thing? (Because I know that's a common misconception amongst women, at least in my hometown) Or does he appear as more of an "alpha-male"? Does it matter if he is tall compared to other men or just compared to you? Genuinely curious about this.

I find tall women hot btw. My last girl was almost a head taller than me and it was never a problem either of us.

coldvein

Banned
i'm supposed to cook dinner for this chick tonight. i can kinda cook. kinda. what should i do, gaf? i dont want to make grilled cheese sandwiches, but nothing crazy that i'm going to fuck up either. suggestions?

Crescendo170 said:
Question: Why do most girls find taller guys more attractive? Is it a taller=longer dick thing? (Because I know that's a common misconception amongst women, at least in my hometown) Or does he appear as more of an "alpha-male"? Does it matter if he is tall compared to other men or just compared to you? Genuinely curious about this.

I find tall women hot btw. My last girl was almost a head taller than me and it was never a problem either of us.

Evolutionary biology and all that. Big, strong, able to protect, etc. Kinda like how guys find big boobs attractive.

Zoe

Crescendo170 said:

Because cuddling with my tall guy is like cuddling with a big teddy bear <3

(5'0" vs 6'0")

Whoompthereitis said:
Evolutionary biology and all that. Big, strong, able to protect, etc. Kinda like how guys find big boobs attractive.
Being tall have nothing to do with being able to protect though. The only advantage is reach. A beefy beef-man with muscles on his muscles with mad fighting-skills is one thing, but a short guy can be all that too. I'm just talking height here. Actually I can't really think of alot of practical advantages to being tall yet it seems so closely tied to our masculinity.

And what evolutionary purpose do big boobs serve? Providing our forefathers with pillows before pillows?

Zoe said:
Because cuddling with my tall guy is like cuddling with a big teddy bear <3

(5'0" vs 6'0")
Don't you mean an average sized teddy-bear?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Munch said:
I entered the wrong fucking thread. THE WRONG FUCKING THREAD.

Ugh, ladies I need happy thoughts. Happy. Thoughts.
Which thread?

coldvein said:
i'm supposed to cook dinner for this chick tonight. i can kinda cook. kinda. what should i do, gaf? i dont want to make grilled cheese sandwiches, but nothing crazy that i'm going to fuck up either. suggestions?
Something that's easier to cook, like Pasta or Spaghetti noodles? Everyone likes Pasta!

Crescendo170 said:

I don't think anyone believes that tallers guys have longer male reproductive organs. It's not a common misconception, at least I've never heard of that before.

Eh, convenience more than anything. Certain things become a chore if your guy is too tall or too short.

Inanna said:
I don't think anyone believes that tallers guys have longer male reproductive organs. It's not a common misconception, at least I've never heard of that before.

Eh, convenience more than anything. Certain things become a chore if your guy is too tall or too short.
Like I said, it is indeed a very common misconception in my hometown. If that's not the norm then I'm glad.
Zoe said:
I'm in the US. The average male is 5'9.5" as said above.

Plus he's Asian.
Ok, a slightly above average asian bear.

Crescendo170 said:
Being tall have nothing to do with being able to protect though. The only advantage is reach. A beefy beef-man with muscles on his muscles with mad fighting-skills is one thing, but a short guy can be all that too. I'm just talking height here. Actually I can't really think of alot of practical advantages to being tall yet it seems so closely tied to our masculinity.

It's because being tall means you cast a more imposing figure. When someone is taller than you, even if they aren't stronger, it seems likely that they are in our minds.

Plus, we can do this:
JamesArmsLength.jpg

Munch

The "What would you do if your daughter was becoming a slut" thing.

ARRGGGGHHHHHHH. Why did I enter it? Why, why, why, why, why.

Crescendo170 said:

And what evolutionary purpose do big boobs serve? Providing our forefathers with pillows before pillows?

Don't you mean an average sized teddy-bear?

Being taller than something implies dominance, regardless of how flawed it may be. And big breasts imply the ability to nourish children. If you wanna learn more about all this stuff, I think Desmond Morris said quite a lot on the subject. I think he has a BBC documentary series or two on the subject.

Munch said:

Welcome to Neogaf.

Whoompthereitis said:
Being taller than something implies dominance, regardless of how flawed it may be. And big breasts imply the ability to nourish children. If you wanna learn more about all this stuff, I think Desmond Morris said quite a lot on the subject. I think he has a BBC documentary series or two on the subject.
Thanks, I will definitely check it out. Stuff like this is really interesting to me, allthough it seems that the more I learn about human behaviour and how our brain works the more cynical I become. :p

As said before, it's all programmed in their DNA. Height advantage = dominance = alpha male = all the womenz. Okay, not all of them, but a good majority I'd say.

Same reason I love hips on a woman. Mmm... hips. Okay I'll stop there. :D

Dan Yo

Banned
Crescendo170 said:

The same reason most guys find smaller women to be attractive. The guy wants to feel more masculine and the girl wants to feel more feminine.

I'm still vouching for the same-height thing. I know he can dominate me if he feels like it, so in the end, I'll take the hours of makeouts since we're constantly on the same level. :lol

I love my life.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Same height or just a tiny bit taller is sooo much more convenient! You don't strain your neck while kissing, and in bed your bodies fit together so well. I love spooning, if your guy is TOO big you can't be the "big spoon", I love doing that with my guy.

Shanadeus

Banned
Munch said:

Note that you're probably the only woman that posted in that thread.
It's just a mess right now.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I dislike how whenever someone stands up for women, they start making fun of them, like RiskyChris. He's become a laughing stock for most douchebags here on GAF. It's sad really, but hey what can you do? Assholes would always be assholes, no matter what.

Boogie said:
So, it would disappoint you to learn that she's actually a man, then?
Heh, I don't envy you boys.

Like I said before, my pics are on GAF. For those who can find them, you can clearly identify me as female, in dress, appearance, and (if we like stereotypes) action.

Munch

WHERE IS MY GOSSIP GIRL PEOPLE AT? WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I just read some of the stuff and I'm just...I don't understand.

-x.Red.x-

ahh Girl-GAF...

I remember back in school when us guys used to talk about girls
and how we wouldn't imagine being next to a pretty girl using the toilet

ahh good times

btw this blew my mind once
Guy.in.Real.Life
LoL

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I don't really like GG, but I've watched last few episodes with my sister. Including the seson finale... Wow, this show is bad, and not in a good way!

Tinabina

i read the books and was so excited for the show but they completely changed it. i still like it though. i also dont like blake lively but ed westwick is so yummy

Kyoufu

Gossip Girl was fun to watch for like 2 seasons then when the 3rd season hit, I suddenly got extremely tired of the high-school fickle "romance". I despise shows where the guys and girls can't stick to one person.

Plus, Serena was sooooo annoying. I hated her :<

Vampire Diaries is my go-to chick show now.

Munch

I DO hate Serena. "oooooohhhh, I'M IN LOVE, DAMN ANYONE WHO GETS IN MY..ooh new boy"

Team Blair for the win, dammit.

But yeah, I read that
Chuck slept with Jenny and took her virginity? Like, say what? Dude tried to rape her in the first season!

Ryn

Same here. I'm 5'0", and I've come pretty close to a guy close to my height. My boyfriend right now is 5'3"-5'4"ish. I think we make an adorable short couple haha.

Kyoufu

Munch said:
I DO hate Serena. "oooooohhhh, I'M IN LOVE, DAMN ANYONE WHO GETS IN MY..ooh new boy"

Team Blair for the win, dammit.

But yeah, I read that
Chuck slept with Jenny and took her virginity? Like, say what? Dude tried to rape her in the first season!

I barfed. Exactly the reason why I stopped watching!

What next? Blair and Dan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom