• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ArmA 2 Thread of DOGCHUTES RGR

2mgrscj.jpg

Official Website
Steam Pre-Purchase

Arma 2 Online Meetup Thread

SUMMARY
RIDICULOUS, QUOTE, AT, 12 O'CLOCK:

"There was once a dark age when players were herded like cattle down rigid gaming paths - and Bohemia Interactive Studios were the Che Guevara types who set them free."
- Videogamer.com

From the official site:
ArmA 2 features a player-driven, branching campaign. Your actions have consequences! Win the hearts and minds of the warring factions inside Chernarus, or play them off against one another! Your choices will shape the future country. Ultimately, you decide which faction (if any) survives to rule. Will you establish a lasting peace, or kick off a final war?

Features:
Player-driven story
Role-playing and resource management elements. Command your troops through a branching campaign full of twists and surprises.

Extensive multiplayer
Play the entire solo campaign cooperatively or dive into huge PvP battles for control of the whole map.

Mission Editor
The Intuituive, powerful mission editor lets you design your own missions in minutes or create intricate and unique campaigns. Infinitely extend the game!

Authentic weapon simulation
Bullet ballistics and deflection, material penetration, real-world magazine capacity, tracers, ammunition types and stopping power.

Unique AI
No scripts, no pre defined pathways. AI adapt and use the open environment on the fly. AI share information, flanking and taking cover to surprise and outsmart players.

Dynamic conversation system.
ArmA 2 integrates preset conversations with dynamic queries about the game environment. Talk to soldiers in the field and civilians caught up in the fighting. Soldiers shout and use hand gestures based on real world military doctrine.

2d2dw06.jpg

RELEASE DATES
Czechoslovakia: June 17, 2009
Europe June 19, 2009
United States: June 26, 2009 (Steam/FAQ); July 7, 2009 In Stores
Australia: August 20, 2009

DEMO RELEASED
Torrent
Another Torrent
atomicgamer.com
pcdome.hu
techpowerup.com
computergames.ro
v2.fi
gs01.games.gs.plat.net.au/ARMA2DEMO.7z (Australian 7zip demo)
arma-fr.net
Games.On.Net (Australian Mirror)
gameswelt.at
fileshack.com
Gamershell
Fileplanet
Rapidshare

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Video showing difference in fps vs. details
ArmA 2 Forum Discussion on Specs

Minimum PC Requirements
CPU: Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

Optimal PC Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM or faster

STEAM IDS:
Mr. Snrub: Anton_Sugar
Mendelevium: Zeluch

REVIEWS
Metacritic: 79/100

PC Action 4/10
Computer and Video Games 8.3/10
Eurogamer 8/10

VIDEOS
PLEASE NOTE: in all of the user created videos, as I understand it, nothing is scripted. Units are placed, given orders, and then shit happens.
TrackIR with Arma2
Official HD Trailer (long cut)
User created: 1500 AI Battle (created with editor)
User created: 1700 AI Battle
User created: Huge air battle
User created: Village battle

SCREENSHOTS
(taken from community photography thread, sorry for the compression/quality, I resized them.)
11gm1sj.jpg

35a9lkj.jpg

11sjuxu.jpg

35ktq4i.jpg

k3xhl.jpg

5xirlv.jpg

152hzis.jpg

chespace said:
Time for some screenshots:

1425wlx.jpg

2md5v6g.jpg

2agl2qb.jpg

rc3891.jpg

312cnj6.jpg

2cht0gl.jpg

2hx269x.jpg

16869on.jpg

oixwz.jpg

5miosl.jpg

286zk1v.jpg

I love this game. :p

MODS
2uotm4k.jpg

I AM JOHN! said:
What's with the parachuting dog?

From the Eurogamer review mentioning the editor:

A few clicks and you're flying a V-22 Osprey through a wall of flak, infiltrating an enemy base as a wild boar (civilians and animals are playable), or watching the dogfight to end all dogfights. Armoury mode makes you works a little harder for your hardware fun. Success in mini-challenges gradually unlocks the full range of gadgets and units. Complete an obstacle course, eliminate an enemy patrol, shoot a set number of clay pigeons... it's OpFlash the way PopCap would do it. A few of the tasks are criminally silly (I'm thinking specifically of the one where you play a poacher-avoiding rooster) but in a game as gritty and gruelling as ArmA II a bit of levity doesn't hurt.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone knows the release date of the demo?
I doubt my PC can handle it :/

Fersis said:

Just updated system requirements. Doesn't seem TOO bad, check out the vid I put up under sys req's too.

Don't know about the demo...I thought it was very soon...

Darklord

Banned
Fersis said:

Monday or Tuesday.

Snrub, for any Ausgafers out there the Australian date is August 20th(pathetic) so maybe add that in the first post too. I'll be importing that's for sure. 2 months early and less than half the price.

Kibbles said:
I'm confused, I didn't see a single person in that video. All I hear is asplosions.

GOTY, because of parachuting dog.

They're there, its just dark. AI is including planes, as well. Check his user vids, he has one vid showing proof of the 1000 AI vid he did earlier.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
:lol, I'll probably wait a few weeks/months before picking this up, give them time to sort out some of the bugs.

Flunkie

Banned
I cannot WAIT for this game. My only concerns are with the weapon animation. The muzzle flashes and recoil seem a bit off in some spots, like the 1500 AI video. I read that the muzzle flashes were turned down for the sake of having so many AI, but I haven't really seen another video with shooting gameplay.

ghst said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6TnEyrN55I

i can't think of a single game with as much post-release potential at this.

Same here, even if its a buggy unplayable mess in its current state (which by most accounts it isn't) very few games aim to achieve a fraction of what this sets out to do, a years worth of patching and community mods/fixes on its side and we could be looking at something very, very special here.

Hitmeneer

I am tempted to buy it, but I have to see first how it runs on my PC. I really have a 'Soldner' feeling about this game, buggy but soooo full of potential.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Action Jackson said:
Can't even run the demo installer, no this game isn't buggy at all. :lol
So the demo is online ?

Mr. Snrub said:

Nice! :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElnAV_XuQyg&NR=1

Damn!

I can't wait to see what the mod community can do with this thing once they've had enough time to get to grips with it, potential is astounding.

Mr. Snrub said:
Aside from everything else, I'm really impressed with the first person camera. Great sense of motion/being the "eyes".

I think the excellent motion blur and HDR lighting go along way to achieving that. They're the best implementation of those two effects I've seen, Utterly stunning.

Top Bottom