• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Battalion Wars 2 Multiplayer Battlefield Community thread

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
this thread is for the discussion and organization of Battalion Wars 2 multiplayer battles

the regular OT is here

in order for your FC to be listed on the front page, you must send me the following in a in this format via Message:

*name* - *12 digit friend code* - *National Alliance* (you can put "mercenary" if you don't have a specific preference for any nation's army)

you may also want to trade MS messenger and AIM screen names via PM in order to keep in touch during co-op missions as there doesn't seem to be headset support
sadly enough

Western Frontier
doomed1 - 060 244 405 225

Tundran Territories
Zack - 120-373-959-795

Solar Empire

Xylvania

Anglo Isles

Iron Legion
Caleb - 360-894-028-631

mercenary
Captain N - 494 036 126 726
DavidDayton - 378 072 007 651
BlackOut - 317 942 476 391
Penguin - 438 201 574 802
ZealousD - 433 906 610 789
JYKSTA - 206 273 315 830
Deku - 257 813 197 110
Jigu - 378.074.181.511
Schwowsers - 051 656 448 149

see you on the battlefield.

zaxor0

I havent played BW1 before so I don't know much about the different armies so consider me a mercenary for now. But here is my friend code:

Zack - 120-373-959-795 - Tundran Empire

:D

EDIT:

Consider me Tundran Empire! Though I havent played them they seem like the Russians.. :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Milabrega said:
Can any of you who have the game post some impression in the main thread?

I posted some last night.

Does this game have a unique FC, or is it the system FC?

I wish all games handled it like MPC3 did :(

zaxor0

John Harker said:
I posted some last night.

Does this game have a unique FC, or is it the system FC?

I wish all games handled it like MPC3 did :(

It has a unique friend code in the game. It's in the nintendo wfc part of the menu.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
DavidDayton - 378 072 007 651 - "Mercenary" (I don't care, ok?)

Added both of you.

(I was one digit off! Ack!)

zaxor0

Should we add each others Wii codes so we can message each other? or leave that for the forums?

this is kind of funny but I added "andy's" code from page 40 of the manual and it works :lol

Captain N

Captain N - 494 036 126 726 - Mercenary

DavidDayton said:
DavidDayton - 378 072 007 631 - "Mercenary" (I don't care, ok?)

Added both of you.

I couldn't add you for some reason..it said that number wasn't a code...I added everyone else (the other two people)

Insaniac

does Bwii have split screen? I've heard some controversy over it, and since its officially out i figure someone can confirm it or deny it

Captain N

Insaniac said:
does Bwii have split screen? I've heard some controversy over it, and since its officially out i figure someone can confirm it or deny it

No split screen..multiplayer is actually only down through online. Sort of like how MotorStorm was when it first came out. Only I don't see this game getting an update.

DDayton

I mistyped my own code. Heh.

DavidDayton - 378 072 007 651 - "Mercenary" (I don't care, ok?)

There we go -- is that better?

hellclerk

hey, could everyone from here on in send their FC via message to me from here on in? i meant to put that in the OP, i just forgot. ^^;

hellclerk

Penguin said:
Wii code is

438 201 574 802
you have a preferred nation? if not you can just put merc, but i can't really put you in the OP til then.

also, i was hoping to have an assault online tourney this weekend. i hope to have one of every nation at least and we can post the results later. what do you guys think?

DDayton

doomed1 said:
you have a preferred nation? if not you can just put merc, but i can't really put you in the OP til then.

also, i was hoping to have an assault online tourney this weekend. i hope to have one of every nation at least and we can post the results later. what do you guys think?

Why does it matter if we have a preferred nation or not?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I see you online Doomed! I dunno if you're checking but I wanna play you tonight. :D

Edit: Fuck you man! I almost had you! :lol

Edit2: Got confused about that second objective on our other match. Wish that coulda been closer. =P

JYKSTA

First time playing BW's, so far I like it. I've only played through the 1st tutorial level but I'll definitely be getting into the multiplayer as soon as I get all the controls down.

Sent my info to doomed1 but here it is as well

Name: JYKSTA
Code: 206 273 315 830
Alliance: Mercenary for now

I'll add everyone on the first post later today. WAR!!

hellclerk

ZealousD said:
I see you online Doomed! I dunno if you're checking but I wanna play you tonight. :D

Edit: Fuck you man! I almost had you! :lol

Edit2: Got confused about that second objective on our other match. Wish that coulda been closer. =P
lol i know. i probably should have just fallen back and bombed the crap out of you, but my pride wanted that factory...

ZealousD

doomed1 said:
lol i know. i probably should have just fallen back and bombed the crap out of you, but my pride wanted that factory...

I was thinking at the beginning of that match that I was going to lose since you started off so well, but things started coming into place and I got that factory and I was gaining on you. I really think that if that match lasted for another minute I would have won. :lol

DDayton

This is odd... I can understand no one else being online when I am, but I'm not even getting your player names logged in (which would presumably happen once WFC noticed we've registered each other). Right now everyone on my list is listed with their ID number as their name AND number.

Penguin

DavidDayton said:
This is odd... I can understand no one else being online when I am, but I'm not even getting your player names logged in (which would presumably happen once WFC noticed we've registered each other). Right now everyone on my list is listed with their ID number as their name AND number.

Same issue here, I don't know if you both need to be on at the same time for it to register or not.

But everyone had like first 6 numbers as ID then their friend code.

And all say offline.

hellclerk

yeah, you have to be online for that to register. about half of mine have names and about half don't all of the ones that have names i've seen online.

ZealousD

VultureDude said:
just curious as to the quality (skill) of the people you guys encountered in VS mode

Low, generally. Doomed is the only person I've legitimately lost to. And despite my avatar, I wasn't one of those guys who got all S ranks in the first game. Hell I couldn't even unlock half the bonus missions.

hellclerk

heh, i've lost thrice, but mostly to the kinds of guys who have beaten all of those missions on in the original on S. in similar news, i've gotten an S rank in ever mission but 3 of the final 4 missions, which i have S-ranked. the anglo isles final mission was a bitch, but i got that one too.

anyway, the biggest frustration i have with online is that people in co-op are MORONS. there was the victory island capture mission and i was the solar empire so i had the air support and anti-air support. he was the tundrans so he had mortars and battleships. i requested SOOOOO many times that he get rid of the ac-ak towers, but he managed to sit there and do nothing. somehow, i was able to get rid of the anti-air towers. i knew i couldn't possibly get through another 3 and he had managed to lose his entire ground force, so i sent a lone grunt in to get the bazookas out and clear a path using those. after further frustrations, i finally made it to the bottom of the hill i had to climb. by this point, this guy's battleships had been wiped and all but a couple of mortar vets remained. i had lost all of my gunships to enemy AA fire and was down to a few ak-aks myself. i was mowed down by the half-dozen infantry, three tanks and two MG towers that awaited my climb. his mortars didn't fare much better.

if i had a headset in this, barking orders would be pie, and he could manage to figure it out.

My friend code is: 051 656 448 149

I'll have everyone in this thread added within an hour and would appreciate if you folks would do the same.

Incase the OP is still being updated, throw me under mercenaries.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Ok, here's my FC, no Armies chosen yet:

Jigu - 378.074.181.511

I've added everyone on the list so far, btw. Feel free to msg me if you add me too :)

BlackOut

I have now added everyone from the op to my friends list. I still haven't played a game with anyone, so if your playing, hit me up with a pm.

Top Bottom