• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official démenti of the buyout rumour from CDPR's CEO

démenti
deɪˈmɒ̃ti/
noun
an official denial of a published statement.

I could swear this is a English based forum.

And no, I don't think it's a known foreign expression.
edit: that said the use isn't pretentious, just... senseless.

Naminator

Banned
3961094-neo-bullet-dodge_o_gifsoup-com.gif

But they didn't deny not talking with EA so the rumor about publishing rights still has merit.

They said the document used as proof in the article that their contact was an employee, was fake, so it means anything mentioned in the article is a fabrication and has no more merit than if I said "EA Execs are walking around the CDPR offices right now, holding paint samples to the walls!"

stryke

The response by DSOG is absolutely amazing, they're still trying to keep some credibility with their rumour while not admitting they wrote an article based on a fake source.

How is this company able to maintain independence and spend $80 million developing The Witcher 3 and yet a huge company like Konami gets the shits with Kojima for doing the same on MGSV?

Remember when they also denied any kind of graphical downgrade? I sure do.
Maybe people need to get their heads that a real downgrade (the kind we saw with watchdogs) never happened. Things went up, other went down, because that the real world of developing a game.
And as someone who has the game on a good quality PC, apart from the vegetation (that you could even touch up with the txt) the game is pretty similar to what they showed.

But of course, with your response, something is telling me that you are some of the crazy people who still thinks the EA thing happened, so no matter how many times is explained to you, you are probably not going out of your negation.

Hypron

I could swear this is a English based forum.

It's an English word. Just like résumé or schadenfreude. They may be directly lifted from another language but they are part of the English dictionary.

You should be glad you learnt a new word instead of complaining.

How is this company able to maintain independence and spend $80 million developing The Witcher 3 and yet a huge company like Konami gets the shits with Kojima for doing the same on MGSV?

I don't believe the development budget was $80 million. That may be development + marketing and they had partners that helped with the marketing. That being said CDP and CDPR are in the traditional games industry, completely. They made a huge investment but in their primary business. At this point, that is only a small part of Konami's business and probably the part with the lowest profit margins.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
idontbelieveyou.gif iwannaseethereceipts.gif

Only time will tell. ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Savitar

One company believes cheap F2P games are the future.

The other wants to make games that most people here like and not skimp on the features.

Kojima would be right at home with the company.

It's a standard word used in Polish language when talking about company denying something. My deepest apologies for insulting you with this pretentious vocabulary.

I think his issue is that the world is used in an English sentence. Since it is not an English word (as far as I know) it should be used with ""- brackets to indicate a foreign term?

But that is still far fetched.

patapuf

I don't believe the development budget was $80 million. That may be development + marketing and they had partners that helped with the marketing. That being said CDP and CDPR are in the traditional games industry, completely. They made a huge investment but in their primary business. At this point, that is only a small part of Konami's business and probably the part with the lowest profit margins.

CDP is also a publisher on it's own and they run a digital store with GOG.

Man, I went from just seeing that rumor thread today and freaking out since buying out CDPR would seem such an EA thing to do, to seeing all the rebuttals and denials in about a 5 minute span.

If EA had done something like this it would have been an NFL 2k5 scenario all over again to me. Competing company makes a game in same genre that completely smacks EA's product upside the head, only for EA to just throw gobs of money at them to make them disappear.

That said, BioWare could learn a thing or two on how to make a genuine feeling open world from CDPR instead of the empty diorama MMO levels that blighted Inquisition, not to mention actual side quests with actual story.

And so my beloved Dragon Age is in the clear. Thank the Maker. :p

Except for the fact that its still being made by modern BioWare...

Karl Hawk

Banned
It's a bit weird that they're denying it so strongly honestly.
The stock usually goes up when there's a rumor of a possible acquisition by a bigger and richer company.
On the contrary the public leak of early negotiations (if they exist) could make them seem really unprofessional in the eyes of their potential business partners.
Who knows....maybe it's nothing and all the EA rumor was totally made up but quite frankly I think they will become the target of acquistions in the future.
They have proven they can make games that sell million units, that are praised by the critics and all that done with a small budget for the scale of the project.
Every big publisher should keep an eye on them and once the offerings go up it's difficult to say no and stay independent. We'll see though.

Ugh....

I guess not even a statement from the FUCKING CEO of the company denying the rumors is good enough for some people to leave it once and for all.

Mivey

Ugh....

I guess not even a statement from the FUCKING CEO of the company denying the rumors is good enough for some people to leave it once and for all.
But you have to admit, the deafening silence of Andrew Wilson on this matter is more then a little suspicous. You would think, he would owe it to his investors to confirm or deny the imminent purchase of another game studio. Maybe there was a private meeting?

Hystzen

People will believe anything on the Internet.

Still my dream of a Star Wars RPG by CD Red is dead or is it........

Top Bottom