• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb. 12th Primary Thread (Obama/McCain Beltway SWEEP SWEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Rur0ni said:
Obama got more votes than the Republican side combined. Virginia becomes Blue state in general?

This has been an interesting talking point for a while. Their governor and one of their senators is a democrat, Democrats control the State senate now and the state has been voting more and more democratic every election. They're probably going to be a swing state for the GE this year

Triumph

Banned
zou said:
Clinton to stop campaigning confirmed, victories don't matter.
I guess that's why she left Wisconsin! Obama should pick up on this and tell the voters, "even if my opponent's campaign doesn't think you guys count, I DO."

This whole Superdelegate thing drives me nuts. People ask why I'm not registered democrat even though I have mostly liberal views. I think it's pretty obvious that the DNC is the Sega of politics. Why would I want to belong to that?

woeds said:
Top Clinton Adviser Says Superdelegates Will Decide Election, Obama’s Victories ‘Irrelevant’
http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008...-decide-election-obamas-victories-irrelevant/

Technically the superdelegates will decide the election, since it's impossible for the popular delegate vote to get 2025 for anyone.

That technically doesn't give you the right to say the primaries are irrelevant. The voters have spoken for Obama, and Hillary is just trashing her image over this.

Tamanon

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Hawaii does not matter anyway... :(
Clinton can just relax and wait for the Supers

Chelsea just went out there, Obama's sister has been campaigning there for a long time. Plus, he's kinda got a home court advantage in Hawaii:p

BTW, I think Clinton might be trying to trick Obama into overreacting on this Superdelegate thing. Won't happen of course, but I think she's just goading him.

zou

Triumph said:
I guess that's why she left Wisconsin! Obama should pick up on this and tell the voters, "even if my opponent's campaign doesn't think you guys count, I DO."

Yeah, it would be cool if he could use this combined with the "victories don't matter, supers will decide it anyway" quote without sounding to negative.

sangreal

woeds said:
Top Clinton Adviser Says Superdelegates Will Decide Election, Obama’s Victories ‘Irrelevant’
http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008...-decide-election-obamas-victories-irrelevant/

That goes along with Mark Penn's latest

Clinton's strategist, Mark Penn, tried to downplay the importance of momentum to Obama, who now has a string of eight consecutive wins. "Winning Democratic primaries is not a qualification for who can win the general election," he told a conference call with reporters.

Zeed

Banned
Tamanon said:
BTW, I think Clinton might be trying to trick Obama into overreacting on this Superdelegate thing. Won't happen of course, but I think she's just goading him.
I think she's actually, genuinely desperate and willing to do anything it takes. She's planned this for so long and probably took it for granted - the idea of it all slipping away is unbearable. I'm pretty sure the party leadership realizes it too, otherwise they wouldn't be gearing up to intervene.

Hillary's staked everything on March 4 - if she wins anything there she'll be able to claim she's still alive. The only way I see this ending fast is if Obama wins Texas and Ohio - that would be such a decisive blow that Hillary could in no way continue to struggle.

sangreal said:
That goes along with Mark Penn's latest

Clinton's strategist, Mark Penn, tried to downplay the importance of momentum to Obama, who now has a string of eight consecutive wins. "Winning Democratic primaries is not a qualification for who can win the general election," he told a conference call with reporters.

wow now nothing counts?

what the hell kind of spin is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom