• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb. 12th Primary Thread (Obama/McCain Beltway SWEEP SWEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mandark said:
You might as well have heard (4) from me. See here, here, and here.

I'm a big believer that the best weapon a president can have is a crushing mandate for a substantive platform.
As it happens, in Obama's old podcast he made multiple references to a quote saying the most important office is that of Citizen, and stressed the importance of an active public in getting stuff accomplished.

Smiles and Cries said:
why are we getting all cranky over some poll data? A poll is a poll so what if that company has gotten it wrong 8 out of 10 times no need to get upset because some people want to believe them this time around.

before you get angry, just ask yourself what would Obama do?

Buy some Dunkin Donuts. :D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think it will end up being a smart moving having Michelle Obama move a bit more into the spotlight.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
PhoenixDark said:
Anyone see this?
those Texas numbers comes from one of the more inaccurate pollsters this election cycle. most of the big guns report Hillary at least with an 8% lead in Texas.

i think i read somewhere that Texas harbors some weird primary/caucus fusion that appears pretty damn confusing.

syllogism

Houston Chronicle, the largest daily newspaper (circulation 500,000+) in Texas, endorsed Obama. As far as I know, Hillary doesn't have any newspaper endorsements in Texas. These endorsements may not have significant impact but every bit helps and so far the following papers in Texas have endorsed Obama:

- Austin Chronicle
- Austin-American Statesman
- BurntOrangeReport
- Dallas Morning News
- El Paso Times
- La Opinion
- San Antonio's Express-News
- Houston Chronicle

Zeed

Banned
Found this little bit interesting:

At a private dinner that Mr. Edwards, a former senator, held at his home last Saturday for a dozen close friends, he said he had spoken recently with Mr. Gore about the benefits of neutrality, someone who was at the dinner said. Although a number of his supporters had been urging him to endorse Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton has actively sought his backing, Mr. Edwards said he intended to remain on the fence for the time being, the person said.
Seems increasingly likely that Edwards will stay neutral - unless the party elders decide it's time to shut Clinton up.

Cheebs

It makes sense for Pelosi to make that argument, but at the same time she is a bit biased. Despite not being public it is generally considered that she is behind Obama and wants him to win the primary.

Zeed said:
Found this little bit interesting:

Seems increasingly likely that Edwards will stay neutral - unless the party elders decide it's time to shut Clinton up.
At least he isn't endorsing Clinton like he was thinking about.

haha

Joan from New York City writes:
I’m a 76-year-old white woman, but Barack really turns me on.

Perry from Baltimore writes:
I am a 70-year-old retiree and I think John McCain is well passed it. My generation has had its chance, and we screwed it up and elected Bush. Obama represents and embodies the future: give him the reins of government and let the old coots (like me) head out to pasture where we belong

syllogism said:
Houston Chronicle, the largest daily newspaper (circulation 500,000+) in Texas, endorsed Obama. As far as I know, Hillary doesn't have any newspaper endorsements in Texas. These endorsements may not have significant impact but every bit helps and so far the following papers in Texas have endorsed Obama:

- Austin Chronicle
- BurntOrangeReport
- Dallas Morning News
- El Paso Times
- La Opinion
- Houston Chronicle
That's just awesome! I like to see this Hillary Texas Firewall crumble.

syllogism

SEIU has authorized independent spending of up to $5 million on Obama's behalf in Ohio and Texas, says a labor source in one of those states and another insider.

That's a lot of money in just two states

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Some unions hold their powder, at least through the primaries, because they don't want to back a loser and wind up with a president, governor, or senator who is out for revenge against them. The flipside of that strategy is that they can sort of be taken for granted.

SEIU is sending to future candidates: "If you earn our support, we will put all our muscle behind you and it will really mean something." Of course, that will be amplified if it seems like they actually swung things in Obama's favor.

Loudninja said:
Wow Obama just got 2 more newspaper endorsements
I can't believe how much the Clinton's had a hold of the Democratic party. As soon as people seen that was a chance for the Clinton's to be beat it open up the floodgates.

Juice

Deus Ex Machina said:
I can't believe how much the Clinton's had a hold of the Democratic party. As soon as people seen that was a chance for the Clinton's to be beat it open up the floodgates.

Dictators are rarely admired behind closed doors. Few people in the party ever really loved "The Clintons" what they loved was the huge turnaround that Bill Clinton accomplished for the party in Presidential politics, if only momentarily. I think the extremely shady tenure of the couple was always viewed as a long-term viability that they'd love to cut ties with.

Now that they're wounded, a great number of party insiders can't wait to feast on them. High-profile detections like Kennedy give the lesser supers cover to come out against them

v1cious

Banned
syllogism said:

- Austin Chronicle
- BurntOrangeReport
- Dallas Morning News
- El Paso Times
- La Opinion
- Houston Chronicle

houston is negroville. even if he doesn't win Texas, you can be sure he will take this city.

DarienA said:
What does that even mean?
bs.jpg

Bill Clinton: Obama's ignoring my White House legacy

"It doesn't matter how much good you did," the former president said at Stephen F. Austin University. "We've got to get rid of you because you had to fight to make something good happen. You had to fight to stop something bad from happening. And if you fought, you made somebody mad, we ought to give you an old watch and retire you. You can't possibly make a contribution to America's future."

Without mentioning Obama by name, Clinton said the Illinois senator was promoting a position that it's "actually an advantage to not have any experience because you've not made anybody mad."

"It's been very effective," Clinton said. "It's already taken four good candidates out. It would have taken Hillary out if she didn't have so much grass-roots support and so much guts."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/16/bill-clinton-obamas-ignoring-my-white-house-legacy/

grass-roots support! oh man... obama doomed

Smiles and Cries said:
Bill Clinton: Obama's ignoring my White House legacy

grass-roots support! oh man... obama doomed
:lol

Bill needs to shut up. Obama is torching Hillary right now, and has ALL the momentum. It'll change on March 4th but even then she won't be the frontrunner

PhoenixDark said:
:lol

Bill needs to shut up. Obama is torching Hillary right now, and has ALL the momentum. It'll change on March 4th but even then she won't be the frontrunner

This is all a secret plan by bill to tank his Wife's chances at the presidency, so he won't get stuck being "first lady"

Cheebs

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Smiles and Cries said:
no the term for that is Chocolate City

/as a black man I endorse the term Chocolate City over negroville

mmm. i happen to be watching a chocolate challenge on the food network. i love chocolate. !

Rur0ni said:
Obama Austin HQ Opening!

Good morning, folks! Welcome to the liveblog of the grand opening of Obama's headquarters in Austin, Texas! I'll be reporting to you live from the festivities all morning. Special greetings to those of you new to DailyKos!

bang.gif
v1cious said:
well... at least it went better than the Houston HQ opening:lol
Am not aware of that.. what happen?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
just got back, that place was a madhouse, several thousand easily. lots of people ready to get involved. they had 2 floors of the office building so packed you could hardly move.

mayor wynn was there and some bigwig from new jersey

Rur0ni

StoOgE said:
just got back, that place was a madhouse, several thousand easily. lots of people ready to get involved. they had 2 floors of the office building so packed you could hardly move.

I keep seeing Major Win.

StoOgE said:

I think that was the Mayor from Newark NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom