• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybore

Britprog said:
He is a cunt, why the hand gestures, what do you expect Petrov to get out his way cuase he is a WDC fight???

If Hamilton did that we would never hear the end of it!!!

If you want to call him a cunt then fine, but for him to crash out and end his career as a result? I'd say anyone thinking that should be reevaluating who is the cunt.

Pimpwerx

SLs_official_neogaf_VettelFinger.jpg
This will get used a lot next season. For better or worse. :lol Congrats Sebastian Vettel, the 2010 F1 World Driving Champion! Congrats to Red Bull also. McLaren better start winter testing on level with the top teams. PEACE.

Deadman

Didnt win my hamilton bet, but at least i won by vettel bet :D

Funny how swapping for webber last week would have completely screwed them.

In the end we can all just be happy that alonso didnt win. A moral victory for us all.

Swap kubica for a top 3 team seat next year plz.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
That 'OMG losing rear tyre' from Webber was just a bait for Ferrari. And they took it and forgot about the drivers that pitted during SC

megateto

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Alonso criticized Petrov in the spanish tv. Such a cunt move, such a great pilot...they closest we have to an 80s-90s real pilot!

Dude, I missed that. Are you really sure about that?

Travado said:
"Alonso, Petrov is faster than you, can you confirm you understand this message?"

:lol

Man this year has been full on. Alonso goes in to the season a golden child and comes out public enemy number one.

As much as I'm gutted that Webber didn't win, it's been a hell of a season.

Dilly

Banned
Webber should leave Red Bull, not like he's ever going to get a chance like this to win the WC.

He could go somewhere where they respect him.

NHale

Deadman said:
Didnt win my hamilton bet, but at least i won by vettel bet :D

Funny how swapping for webber last week would have completely screwed them.

In the end we can all just be happy that alonso didnt win. A moral victory for us all.

Swap kubica for a top 3 team seat next year plz.

Swap Kubica with Massa and I will bet Kubica will be the fastest Ferrari driver next year. To me, Kubica is probably the best driver in F1.

Dilly said:
Webber should leave Red Bull, not like he's ever going to get a chance like this to win the WC.

To where? It's still the best chance to win a WDC, but after this year we can clearly say he is not championship material. He choked...

Lucius86

Banned
Well done Vettel - awesome drive. At the beginning of the season I hated him, but he has shown such maturity towards the end of the season I am really quite chuffed for him.

Alonso is a dick. Martin Brundle summed it up pretty well with his comments.

Britprog

GuessWho said:
btw surprised they didn't penalize Kubica for going over the white line.

I think the rule states if he to cross the whiteline on the race track, technically he was still in the pit lane

Pachael

GuessWho said:
lol at the flat champagne

It has been a flat race (after the first 20 laps). Lots of defensive driving and strategy setups.

As for no overtaking, wasn't Kobayashi overtaking like a maniac? And Kubica too, overtaking him when Vettel peeled out of his pit stop?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Alonso criticized Petrov in the spanish tv. Such a cunt move, such a great pilot...they closest we have to an 80s-90s real pilot!
Nah, we have Kubica for that, a proper racer, and he's a great guy too.

Alonso is one of the best pure drivers in F1, but he is such a whiny little bitch and for that reason, and the team orders bullshit earlier in the season deserved to have this happen. Karma is a bitch.

Anyway, the top 3 this race were the last 3 World Champions. I hope to see them all fighting until the end next year too. A great end to a great season, one of the best I have seen in my 16 years of watching the sport.

Pterion

Dilly said:

Please. He lost this WDC due to his own driving. The team didn't sabotage him.

Dilly

Banned
Pterion said:

I'm not only talking about that, the constant comments from Vettel saying Webber will never be his friend and the whole numer 1 dispute this season was just ridiculous.

I can image that that isn't the best atmosphere to work in.

Pterion

Dilly said:
I'm not only talking about that, the constant comments from Vettel saying Webber will never be his friend and the whole numer 1 dispute this season was just ridiculous.
Doesn't matter. They gave him the car, and he didn't deliver.

Mush

Lucius86 said:
Well done Vettel - awesome drive. At the beginning of the season I hated him, but he has shown such maturity towards the end of the season I am really quite chuffed for him.

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

Momo

Banned
Pterion said:
Red Bull were kinda dickish to Webber all season. They only started shutting up when he had a decent lead a few races ago.

Shame it wasn´t Webber. But i´m glad it was Vettel.

Also,

Newey>>>Tilke>>>Dog Crap>>>Ferrari Assistence>>>More dog crap>>>>>>Alonso

Justice served big time.

olore

Lucius86 said:

What did he say about him?

Also can somone pass me a RedBull-Vodka until the next season starts

NHale

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Yeah, he said 'Petrov fue demasiado agresivo, el sabrá' and 'Parecia que a Petrov le iba la vida'.

Typical Alonso. What did he want? Petrov was racing him so tough luck. Maybe he should complain about Domenicali and Stella, because if he stayed on the track he would have been 4th easily.

Leunam

I'll put up an off-season thread sometime soon so we can follow reveals and new info before the proper 2011 season starts.

Britprog

Dilly said:
I'm not talking about the championship, I'm talking about the general treatment Webber received this season.

QFT

But there is nowhere to go for Webber. Think he is now relegated to sloppy seconds for the rest of his career at RB!!!

Wow Vettel didn't know he had won the WDC until Alonso crossed the line WOW

Momo

Banned
Leunam said:
I'll put up an off-season thread sometime soon so we can follow reveals and new info before the proper 2011 season starts.
/headstart

Did Lotus(if that is to be their name) tie up a Renault engine deal yet?
Very interested in how they fare next year

Pterion

NHale said:
Typical Alonso. What did he want? Petrov was racing him so tough luck. Maybe he should complain about Domenicali and Stella, because if he stayed on the track he would have been 4th easily.
Wait until he finds out that his team's strategy cost him the title...

A repeat of ''my team doesn't want me to win''?

megateto

Well, I wouldn't count that as a critic, but I guess that I might be wrong.

Spanish camera operators told to go to Ferrari's pit by some RBR mechanics XD.

Mobius 1

Why is everybody dismissing Webber? It's not impossible for him to have a strong season next year, even though it will be more difficult now that Vettel has matured and has the title.

He didn't win the title due to his driving. I agree the team may have treated him poorly early on, but I don't think he was sabotaged at any point.

Anyway, very happy to see Vettel crowned champion. He chased it with burning passion and its absolutely deserved. The kid is on fire. :D

NHale

Dilly said:
How is Domenicali still team boss?

He has pictures from Montezemelo and Max Mosley in a "thematic" party.

Momo said:
wow, you guys really have knives out for Alonso :lol

True. But he makes it very easy to hate him. He is very talented but a complete douchebag as he proved again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom