• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Britprog said:
Same could be said about Hamilton, it seemed like Red Bull where trying their hardest not to win this year

But comparing Alonso to Massa and Hamilton to Button the results Alonso got look even more impressive.

But even though I am not a fan of Hamilton he had a great season considering how bad the car was at the start as did Button.

2011: Alonso vs Hamilton vs Schumacher BELIEVE

The delicious irony about his tantrum is that Alonso is one of the drivers most well known for not giving any quarter to *anyone* no matter how close they are to the championship or how far out of contention he is.

Hilarious to see Alonso throwing a fit for Petrov doing exactly what Alonso would've done were the roles reversed. So glad he didn't win.

Pterion

anonnumber6 said:
But comparing Alonso to Massa and Hamilton to Button the results Alonso got look even more impressive.

But even though I am not a fan of Hamilton he had a great season considering how bad the car was at the start as did Button.

2011: Alonso vs Hamilton vs Schumacher vs Vettel vs Kimi BELIEVE
fixed

desu

Just saw the replay of that thing that happened afterwards between alonso and petrov. Was alonso showing petrov his middle finger!?

Mobius 1

anonnumber6 said:

2011: Alonso vs Hamilton vs Schumacher BELIEVE

Altought I want to see Hamilton winning again, I'm hoping for a massive Schumacher comeback. C'mon Ross, give the man a car.

Pterion said:

2011: Alonso vs Hamilton vs Schumacher vs Kimi BELIEVE

Fixed again :D

But I don't think the Iceman will be back next year :(

Norante said:
Altought I want to see Hamilton winning again, I'm hoping for a massive Schumacher comeback. C'mon Ross, give the man a car.

Schumacher deserves one last shot at the WDC, him and Alonso competing for a Championship again would be fantastic. Those laps at Imola were some of the greatest in the last 10 years of F1

Juicy Bob said:
I think Rosberg would be a decent bet for the 2011 title.

Depend son what Mercedes want, Michael winning his 8th title would look a lot better for the team. I think they will throw their weight behind Michael for his last year.

Dilly

Banned
Red Bull was bloody fast in 2009 without Double Deck Diffuser, they will probably dominate again and keep on dominating as long Newey designs the cars and Vettel stays there.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
anonnumber6 said:
Depend son what Mercedes want, Michael winning his 8th title would look a lot better for the team. I think they will throw their weight behind Michael for his last year.
Well, they need to nail tyre parameters next year or we will see same story next year :lol

Dilly said:
Red Bull was bloody fast in 2009 without Double Deck Diffuser, they will probably dominate again and keep on dominating as long Newey designs the cars and Vettel stays there.

Brawn dominated the first part of the season, it was only until RBR got their double-diffuser they came into contention.

Mclaren have an advantage with KERS, they eventually got it working quite nicely two seasons ago.

Dilly

Banned
anonnumber6 said:
Brawn dominated the first part of the season, it was only until RBR got their double-diffuser they came into contention.

Mclaren have an advantage with KERS, they eventually got it working quite nicely two seasons ago.

Yes, but Brawn was only mildly faster while they had the DD. Or am I getting my facts mixed up?

mrWalrus said:

God no.

Dilly said:
Yes, but Brawn was only mildly faster while they had the DD. Or am I getting my facts mixed up?

Button won 6 out of the first 7 races I think.

They completely dominated the first half of the season until the rest of the field overtook them

Dilly

Banned
anonnumber6 said:
Button won 6 out of the first 7 races I think.

They completely dominated the first half of the season until the rest of the field overtook them

Yes, but I don't think Red Bull was that far behind during those first races.

lulz-o.gif

Wow, dream scenario for Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel today. I was expecting to wake up with Alonso celebrating his third title but wow :D

Congrats to RBR and Vettel. Goddamnit, GT5 better have RB6 now :lol

Dilly said:
Yes, but I don't think Red Bull was that far behind during those first races.

They were the second fastest team but if we exclude the Chinese Grand Prix, it was in the rain, it was only until the British Grand Prix that Vettel won a race on pure pace(Pole. fastest lap and 1st position)

Deadman

In all the excitement its important to note Massa stayed behind Alguersuari for the rest of the race. I like him the most of all the drivers but hes simply not fast enough.

megateto

Deadman said:
In all the excitement its important to note Massa stayed behind Alguersuari for the rest of the race. I like him the most of all the drivers but hes simply not fast enough.

Which gives further prove of who wrong the Ferraris' set up was.

Deadman said:

Hamilton couldn't get past Kubica, Alonso couldn't get past Massa/

A $1 billion track that you can't overtake on:lol

Massa could turn it around next year with the Pirelli tyres.

EDIT: Also it should be noted that Ferrari's straight line speed today was very low, I think Alonso was 4kph of Petrov's straight line speed

megateto said:
He definitely has to give some explanation about that.

He had just lost the WDC due to poor strategy he had 40 laps following Petrov with no chance of overtaking him.

In his interview with the BBC he was much more respectful to Petrov.

Xun

anonnumber6 said:
He had just lost the WDC due to poor strategy he had 40 laps following Petrov with no chance of overtaking him.

In his interview with the BBC he was much more respectful to Petrov.
He's still a complete dick.

Deadman

IMG_0008335743.jpg

Vettel says he didnt know he had won until after it was over. They told him to wait a second whilst everyone else finished and then told him.

Dilly

Banned
mrWalrus said:
Why no? Kubica just needs a good car and he'd be right up there with the rest of the pack. The Renault team is a joke right now.

I just don't want him to go to Team Vettel. McLaren seems most honest to their drivers from the topteams. I can't see why Renault won't improve next year, their car wasn't that bad throughout the season and Kubica managed quite well.

mrWalrus

Banned
Dilly said:
I just don't want him to go to Team Vettel. McLaren seems most honest to their drivers from the topteams. I can't see why Renault won't improve next year, their car wasn't that bad throughout the season and Kubica managed quite well.

He did, but from what I've come to understand the team isn't even owned by Renault anymore. I have serious doubts they'll put the right people in place to make sure any of their riders prosper. For example.. the race in Suzuka was a sham. He should have had a podium finish.

Kubica seems like a like-able guy, much like Vettel, I'd hate to see him take Massa's seat.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Damn missed the end of the race, had to run off. Reading through the thread is funny though.
Sounds like the Alonso Petrov thing was good, i'll recorded it so I'll watch it later.

An off-season thread would be a good idea unless we keep this one going until the new year.
Depends what people want.

megateto

navanman said:
Sounds like the Alonso Petrov thing was good, i'll recorded it so I'll watch it later.

You didn't really missed much, it was pretty sad to see how the Renault car was impossible to catch no matter what Nando did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom