• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gran Turismo HD Concept Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
It's out NOW on the PlayStation Store. And it's FREE.
gtbannersu1.jpg

Rules
Post impressions. Don't troll.

Specifications
1080p@60fps (no kiddin')
Save file size: 140KB
Demo file size: 630MB
Compatible with: DRIVING FORCE PRO®, GT FORCE®, GT FORCE®Pro and GT FORCE®RX
Sound: 5.1DD

Featured Automobiles (Year, Manufacturer, Model)
-- 1995 Suzuki Cappucino
-- 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster
-- 2004 Honda Integra TYPE R
-- 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
-- 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
-- 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR
-- 2005 Lotus Elise 111R
-- 1994 Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Vspec II
-- 1995 Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car
-- 2006 Ferrari 599

Game Modes
[Time Trial]
Player selects a car and must complete the Eiger Nordwand course within the target time indicated at the top of the screen. Each time the player beats the target time, a new car is unlocked and made available for selection. Upon unlocking all of the cars, the player can access tuned cars, along with the option to race Eiger Nordwand in the opposite direction.

[Drift Trial]
The player's drifting technique is tested, rather than their lap time. The player earns drift points based on their drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course. For each evaluation zone, the results are based on the number of flags and a numerical figure. The point total from all zones determines the player's drift points for the lap and is counted toward the rankings.

Available Settings
-- Transmission: the player can select either Manual or Automatic.
-- Stability Management (SM): the player can turn this ON or OFF during gameplay. ASM is designed to prevent vehicle skidding by controlling each of the four wheel brakes independently.
-- Traction Control (TC) Level: the player can set the TCS level, which senses drive-wheel slip and prevents wheel spin.
-- Tires: the player can select front and rear tires from nine types of brands.

Other info
[The bad]
-- No online play.
-- No AI drivers.

[The Good]
-- Worldwide online rankings.
-- You can watch and save replays (did you read that Evolution Studios?).
-- Replays from the top ranked players available for download.
-- More downloadable content will become available before GT5's full release. Yamauchi promised a photo mode of some form to become available for download sometime next year.

Media
Latest trailer @ 720p (.WMV , .MOV)
Random Pics from the trailer
Car selection screen
God

Notes
Japanese demo is in Japanese only.
USA demo is in English

Links
Official JPN webpage

bud

Will the final game still run at 1080p/60fps WITH damage?

Or is still that still up in the air?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Bud said:
Will the final game still run at 1080p/60fps WITH damage?

Or is still that still up in the air?

Are you talking about GT5?

We do not know much about that game as its not due till 2008 sometime......

This free game, GTHD, is 1080p/60fps without damage but there will be downloadable updates every once in a while, and who knows how that will affect performance....maybe some, maybe none at all?

There is no good answer to your question, in other words...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I think it's a bit premature to ask those question?
Or is it a stealth troll attempt?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
PjotrStroganov said:
Will this game feature 14+ cars with the level of detail displayed in GTHD?

The game with all those cars was GT:HD Classic, which was pretty much GT4 "high-res"....

GT:HD Classic is cancelled anyway and I expect GT5 to have 6 cars on screen, but maybe that'll change....

bud

TTP said:
I think it's a bit premature to ask those question?
Or is it a stealth troll attempt?

Not at all, i was just curious, because all that with damage would be a big accomplishment.

sorry

Kleegamefan said:
The game with all those cars was GT:HD Classic, which was pretty much GT4 "high-res"....

GT:HD Classic is cancelled anyway and I expect GT5 to have 6 cars on screen, but maybe that'll change....

The first demo of GTHD, before it was called Classic, was called Vision GT or something in that regard. It was a vision of what to expect in the next GT (GT5 I presume). 20 cars where shown driving on the track. I don't get my hopes up, but at least 12-14 should be considered reasonable.

Forza even had 8 cars and afaik Toca had 16+. 6 is too low a number by any standard. Especially when it comes to a realistic racing experience.

Teleporter

Making this free was an inteligent action by sony... Too bad is the same old formula that is around for like 10yrs now?!!? c`mon give me a break!

Teleporter said:
Making this free was an inteligent action by sony... Too bad is the same old formula that is around for like 10yrs now?!!? c`mon give me a break!

What do you want changed then? Put weapons on the cars?:lol

Teleporter said:
i see you missed the no trolling notice ****head

geox

What makes you think there will be damage in GT5. I'm sure they won't change the formula. I'm not going to get my hopes high for damage and be disappointed yet again.

That being said, can't wait to download GT HD.

geox said:
What makes you think there will be damage in GT5. I'm sure they won't change the formula. I'm not going to get my hopes high for damage and be disappointed yet again.

That being said, can't wait to download GT HD.

Because they...officially announced, that there will be damage in it?

morph

Banned
Seems it's always the people who can't race without crashing into something calling for damage.

A racer that requires skill clearly isn't for you - try Burnout.

ill try to get pictures/videos of it, but I have a pretty bad digital camera

22%

I was so surprised when I saw it, I just finished downloading the RR7 demo from the japan store and noticed that GTHD and went crazy

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Linkzg said:
is it also on the US store? someone from another forum just said they were downloading from a US account
Dunno. Downloading on the japan store now and I dont want to exit out just to check. Damn no resume :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Linkzg said:
is it also on the US store? someone from another forum just said they were downloading from a US account

Cant check wjile downloading. Someone please do so that I can edit the opening msg.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Its up in the US store,downloading :D

Hajaz

morph said:
Seems it's always the people who can't race without crashing into something calling for damage.

A racer that requires skill clearly isn't for you - try Burnout.

BS

most modern pc sims, witch have far more realistic physics then GT ever had, have damage.

its the only way to force people not to bump into other players before turns etc

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Downloading is starting to slowdown at 46%,it was going super fast before.

I think the words out everywhere online that its up in the US store :(

My downlaod sped along just find until the 48% mark... then death.

I'll put up some videos (the standard res kind) at IGN, assuming the download completes.

Doctor_No

Mine's chugging along at 20%, usually PSN is blazing fast for me, worldwide simultaneous release must be hurting their servers.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JPN demo is in Japanese only.
Re-downloading it from the USA one :/

(looks awesome btw)

Did a quick run nad yes, there is aliasing but absolutely not as bad as the RR7. It's more along the lines of Resistance. ie pretty clean.

Physics are O_O

Jim

DCharlie said:
Limited Time only? ...say what?

Cause people seem to not bother totally reading press releases :)

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today the December 24 North American release of Gran Turismo(TM)HD Concept, available for free download, exclusively on the PLAYSTATION(R)Store (PS Store) for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 (PS3(TM)) computer entertainment system. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc., this driving game features an all-new course for players to be the first to drive a Ferrari on a PS3, as well as have the option to select a car from nine other worldwide manufacturers that include Infiniti, Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Suzuki. Available only for a limited time, Gran Turismo HD Concept takes full advantage of the PS3 PLAYSTATION 3 hardware performance by providing full HD 1080p resolution and next-generation car physics ushering in a new era of racing for the gaming industry.

First attempt bombed out, but second took literally 5 minutes.. done!

Doctor_No

DCharlie said:
Limited Time only? ...say what?

Assuming they mean since its essentially a demo they'll have it replaced with something else, also doubt the same thing is going to be up until GT5 is released; it sure as hell better not.

Top Bottom