• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gran Turismo HD Concept Thread

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hey, i'm #4 with the integra. have i magically become good at gran turismo, or is no one playing yet? :lol

Jim

TTP said:
Replays run at 30fps with motion blur. Gameplay is 60fps.

Yep.. what I thought. You can switch to the in-car view on the fly, and it jumps to 60.

I was ranked 56 and 40 on the first 2 trials.. only did 2 laps, hah.

Brashnir

drohne said:
hey, i'm #4 with the integra. have i magically become good at gran turismo, or is no one playing yet? :lol

I can't even connect to the playstation store to DL it, much less actually play.

Goldrusher

Replays are awesome. It's like a movie.

SELECT button is like instant time freeze. Very cool.

(and I said the same when GT1, then GT3 were released....yet, looking back, LOL)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the graphics are omgwtf, but here's my favorite feature: you can set your preferred resolution independent of what you've set in the dashboard. so i can pick 1080i in the dash and have gt render at 720p. hallelujah. put this in every game, pls.

also looks like you can download replays from the top five players on the leaderboard. GET UR DROHNE INTEGRA REPLAY BEFORE PPL WAKE UP AND BUMP ME DOWN TO #SUCK

Srider

Banned
I think the frame rate in the replay part is slowed down on purpose to give it that cinematic feel. You can see a light effect that makes the outside edges of the screen darker which is not present if you switch to the in car cam.

I also tried pausing the replay, and see if the scenery matches in both views, it's apparent that it's the same game, but the cinematic look of the replay view makes it look like a completely different game.

aparisi2274

I keep getting this error:

An error has occurred. You have been signed out of the PLAYSTATION Network. (80710B23)

I wish sony's site had a list of these codes, like Nintendo does, so I know whats up.

Flo_Evans

KyotoDaisuki said:
"An error has occurred. You have been signed out of the PLAYSTATION Network. (Error 80710B23)"

WTF??

ARG! I AM GETTING THIS TOO OMG WHERE ARE MY PILLS WTF WTF WTF I NEED GT DEMO

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think you can figure out why you got signed out...probably too many people online

I do find it funny that it took the GTHD release, 1 month after the PS3 launch, for it to finally have problems

Jonnyram

Srider said:
I think the frame rate in the replay part is slowed down on purpose to give it that cinematic feel. You can see a light effect that makes the outside edges of the screen darker which is not present if you switch to the in car cam.

I also tried pausing the replay, and see if the scenery matches in both views, it's apparent that it's the same game, but the cinematic look of the replay view makes it look like a completely different game.
Yes, it's the post-processing that makes the frame rate drop to 30. It's not a bad thing by any means, especially for replays. It would be a phenomenal achievement if it could keep that going at 60fps. Maybe in a couple of years or so.

Doctor_No

Finally got it downloaded,

I'm playing at 1080p, and game itself runs at a solid framerate, the replay seems to be running at a lower frame rate but have some nice effects added. The crowd and peripheral objects put shame to the old cardboard cut out figures of the past.

The game starts with only the Suzuki Cappuccino playable, which is a slow 660cc kei-car so I really can't judge on the sense of speed until I get faster cars (Currently at the Mazda MX-5 Miata).

Pimpwerx

billysea said:
The graphics totally don't excite me AT ALL. It looks kinda crappy for a next gen game, even worst when you say it is a Gran Turismo game. Horrible framerate.
I guess you can't complain because it's free.
Hi, *** (Billy Ocean @ OA = billysea the junior member here). Bye, ***. This is arguably worse than your RR5 FUD six years ago. PEACE.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Pimpwerx said:
Hi, *** (Billy Ocean @ OA = billysea the junior member here). Bye, ***. This is arguably worse than your RR5 FUD six years ago. PEACE.
:lol :lol :lol

Christ, right on cue.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Man this g35 is awesome. Graphics are damn nice. But this game could benefit from some AA. Thats my only problem with it. Everything is sweet. As noted by others, the sounds, the physics are all improved imo. The lighting is pretty damn good but they should make the trees cast shadows on the cars. I prefer racing in 1st person in GT, but I can't help but switch to 3rd person just to see the car models. ;)

Anyways, back to unlocking more rides. :D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Looks like a good idea to announce it for Christmas eve, put it up today, instead of tomorrow.
Hardcore fans will get it today, (Abit though multiple tries), and everyone else will check and be able to get it without much hassle tomorrow.

One thing is certain, they need a couple extra download servers. Apparently more people are using the download demo feature then they anticipated.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Pimpwerx said:

:lol

Its good you called out the ****er, hes been a whiny bitch on the other place, hes going to be a wet whiny bitch blanket here.

jett

D-Member
Pimpwerx said:

:lol @pa-@pa is suck a ****ing douche. I still remember him proclaiming that there was no way the RR5 intro was real-time...and after Chinn proved him that it indeed was he changed his stance "to eh it doesn't look that good". Now GT5 is marred with framerate issues...lulz.

Christopher

BlueTsunami said:
:lol

Its good you called out the ****er, hes been a whiny bitch on the other place, hes going to be a wet whiny bitch blanket here.

Seriously.

It's funny how someone hates a machine so much, and is like a 30 year old man. :lol

Today is my last chance to find a PS3 before the holiday, and god damnit I will today!

Mrbob

I know someone asked, but I didn't see an answer so I'll ask again for him. :D

Can you use the Sixaxis as a control option? And if so, how well does it work?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
mckmas8808 said:
Ahhhh.... I thought you were going to record the replay video too. But great video anyways.
Yeah I totally forgot to record the replay and the PS3 was already off.

Y2Kev

GT is just such a rush for me.

I love when it says GET READY TO DRIVE. I grip the controller really tightly and enter nerd mode. :lol

Dazzyman

Just heads up the JPN version is of course in Japanese (as I managed to get it before i got disconnected) so Im going to redownload the USA version when I can get back on.

It runs at 1080p solid enough but I didnt think the graphics where that stunning and was expecting more from the GT team like when we got GT3 on PS2, backgrounds are nice but I think times have moved on and Id rather have a descent cockpit view like PGR3 than a tachometer. It is definetly missing something from the rumble as well for hitting the limit on grip.

Flo_Evans

Blimblim said:
One lap with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV, 59.94 fps video.
http://www.playsyde.com/news_3909_fr.html
*not* a driving demonstration :p

blim you are tha man as usual! I just wish I could PLAY it on my PS3 >_<

Suikoguy said:
One thing is certain, they need a couple extra download servers. Apparently more people are using the download demo feature then they anticipated.

no joke! I mean is there even 1 million PS3s out there? How many people can really be downloading this?

Y2Kev

Sony only expected to make 300,000 PS3s in all of 2006! There's only one download server!

Top Bottom