• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Japanese Magazine News Thread of Crystal Defending and other new games

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
wrowa said:
Isn't that pretty obvious? DotNW is more or less the sequel to the most popular Tales game in the US (and the first serious Wii RPG). It would be somewhat disappointing if it sold less than Vesperia (from a business point of view).

I work in retail at GameStop. More people have been talking about and buying Vesperia than DotNW.

I'm not prepared to say that Vesperia actually did better but that's been my perception.

You don't try and throw out "facts" without evidence to support it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pole's Big Adventure (Sega) - WiiWare - 3rd Feb 2009
- Famicom style 2D action platformer
- Filled with in-jokes and gags which you have to discover in the stages
- Comedy action game

Wait, a new original platformer for WiiWare? Day one.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wow at Bubble Bobble 4 players action, sold!

And is that a new Wiiware shoot em up (same scan, 100points, down-left)? :O
Can't find its name or if that's indeed a shmup.

Pachael

Firestorm said:
If these are the types of numbers Namco's seeing these days for Tales, maybe another 360 title isn't out of the question. Good job on oversaturating the series.

I just never paid attention :( I'm not helping over here I guess. Bought it used. Not paying $70+tax for a game @_@

In that thread I got 'b-b-but Valkyria hasn't been released in Euro/US'. Of course, that bombed too in the US - 33k, and I think it'd be the same in Euro. At most Sega would have sold 200-250k worldwide.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12279124&postcount=105
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yeah, but I frankly prefer 2 million sales.

Hell, if the game sells 700,000 between Europe and America I will be happy.

Of course, if it sells terribly, expect a Valkyria Chornicles port to the 360 and a mutliplatform release for VC2, of course that is assuming they don't kill the franchise off right there. A strategy RPG with high production values was never destined for success.

After the fact, looks like the franchise's dead :lol Don't think Sega'd bother porting it to 360, the horse has bolted on that one (see VF5 port of failed sales) and VC2 looks almost dead unless the anime/manga/etc are wildly popular then there's a small chance

vareon

kenji said:
yup, a new trailer will be included in the jpn version of Echoes of Time

!!!!!

Got a feeling it'll be just an extended trailer, FFXIII style, but still it's good to hear some news about the game.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
vareon said:
!!!!!

Got a feeling it'll be just an extended trailer, FFXIII style, but still it's good to hear some news about the game.

It's been nearly two years since the last trailer...I would hope we would get something new.

jarrod

Banned
Pachael said:
After the fact, looks like the franchise's dead :lol Don't think Sega'd bother porting it to 360, the horse has bolted on that one (see VF5 port of failed sales) and VC2 looks almost dead unless the anime/manga/etc are wildly popular then there's a small chance
How about a Wii downport? Hey, if Capcom can do it...

:lol

Dascu

vareon said:
!!!!!

At the very least, it's solid confirmation that the game's still alive and on the way.

wsippel

Banned
jarrod said:
How about a Wii downport? Hey, if Capcom can do it...

:lol
Porting Valkyria to Wii wouldn't be hard at all I guess. 99% of the game consists of non-interactive cutscenes, and they should have been all prerendered, anyway (to keep actual gameplay assets in RAM and shorten loading times). The actual ingame graphics would need to be reworked, but judging by Kizuna, Wii is definitely powerful enough to emulate a similar look without making your eyes bleed. The much faster drive (relative to system RAM) would definitely come in handy, as would the pointer (map and menues, not to mention aiming) - a Wii version might be more playable and enjoyable than the PS3 version, even with downgraded ingame graphics.

But it would still bomb, so it won't happen.

Top Bottom