• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

caramac

Eurosport confirm that BT will have exclusive UK Moto GP coverage next season.

iMCjTCiHEo51c.gif

TylerD

Will be interesting to see how DRS and the new option tyres work in DTM this year.

They all have the same rear wing and DRS can be activated once per lap by the driver when they are within 2 seconds of a car in front. It will be a much milder boost in speed compared to F1.

Here is a current spotters guide...

http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-dtm/

Dave Long

Banned
Bought my Indy 500 tickets today. I couldn't imagine sitting in the Sofa Vista when I haven't missed the race in person since 2006.

TylerD

A little over an hour to go before V8 Supercars race 10 in Perth.

Qualifying results for the 60-60 sprint:

Whincup, Bright, Coulthard, Lowndes, Alex Davison, Winterbottom, Premat, Will Davison, Engel, Mostert make up the top 10.

Van Gisbergen 11, McLaughlin 12, Holdsworth 14, Webb 18, Tander 19, Fiore 21.

Dead Man

A little over an hour to go before V8 Supercars race 10 in Perth.

Qualifying results for the 60-60 sprint:

Whincup, Bright, Coulthard, Lowndes, Alex Davison, Winterbottom, Premat, Will Davison, Engel, Mostert make up the top 10.

Van Gisbergen 11, McLaughlin 12, Holdsworth 14, Webb 18, Tander 19, Fiore 21.

Forgot this was on this weekend! Thanks for the reminder. Barbagello is a good little track, normally has some good racing.

notsofast

Neo Member
I remember watching that replay from that angle for the first time and just being blown away at the fact that the car didnt dig in and roll, Pye should buy a lotto ticket lucky man indeed!

Spa WEC starts in around four hours. Cannot wait! Audi seem to have serious speed over Toyota and Rebellion have shown fine form qualifying very close to the Toyotas. Aston are on pole for GT PRO, no surprises there, apparently Ferrari are pissed off about Balance of Performance favouring the Astons heavily, but the class is quite close so the race should be a cracker. The Young Driver AMR run Gulf Aston will be on pole for GT AM, go Alan Simonsen!!!

Greaves LMP2 will not start the race after the car was heavily damaged in qualifying.

Salacious Crumb

I just finished watching the V8 race from earlier today. Do the drivers get fined for swearing? I heard Lowndes say fuck live on TV at least 5 times at the end of the race.

Dead Man

Good race earlier.

I just finished watching the V8 race from earlier today. Do the drivers get fined for swearing? I heard Lowndes say fuck live on TV at least 5 times at the end of the race.

LOL, not really. 7 will normally apologise but that's about it. Dangers of live tv and all that.

Scott Pye had a stroke of luck here. Got turned sideways at 250kph, takes flight and somehow avoids his wheels digging in when he lands and the tumble dryer.

ktyfH7V.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5eriuPKps8&t=51s

He's getting in the habit with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In-s-n-cSZ8

Not so much in the lucky, but in the offs.

notsofast

Neo Member

Neil Crompton once dropped the c bomb on air once at Bathurst a few years ago.

Its on youtube somewhere.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Geez @ MotoGP qualifications, they were dropping like flies

I think that Lorenzo has this one in the bag, this is Yamaha hunting ground.

Dead Man

Mark Skaife is a wanker, and I don't like his commentary style but I love the technical details he can add to the commentary.

Still not a patch on Crompo.

Wow what an awesome finish! Should have gone to the finish line though, kinda bs to throw the caution there :/
NASCAR hasn't figured out what to do with cautions since they changed the rule to "freeze the field". It's obvious for this sort of situation that they need a 3rd option ("race back to the flag like we used to"), but they're dumb so they don't have it.

Here's the onboard for Regan Smith's race winning last lap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9byHnNq8cM#t=1m45s

B.K.

NASCAR hasn't figured out what to do with cautions since they changed the rule to "freeze the field". It's obvious for this sort of situation that they need a 3rd option ("race back to the flag like we used to"), but they're dumb so they don't have it.

The biggest problem is that they aren't consistent. Half the time, when there's a caution coming to the finish, they don't throw the caution. Half the time, they do.

notsofast

Neo Member
Mark Skaife is a wanker, and I don't like his commentary style but I love the technical details he can add to the commentary.

Still not a patch on Crompo.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Cant stand Matty White either, he brings nothing to the table.

Dead Man

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Cant stand Matty White either, he brings nothing to the table.

Yeah, having a 'professional' commentator on there is just a waste, Cropmton has been doing it long enough to be the 'play by play' guy, Skaife and the others for colour. Still White is far above Leigh fucking Diffey, glad he went back to the US, couldn't stand him being home over here.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, i am glad that I was wrong about MotoGP order today :D

Marquez is just insane and Lorenzo will cry now how dangerous he is etc.

caramac

Pretty uneventful MotoGP race until the last lap, good ride by Pedrosa. Marquez was pretty reckless at times.

Stepped over the line with that last corner move imo and maybe should receive some sort of penalty.

He was heading off the track till he made contact.

iboEvpoXygUGDm.gif

Pretty uneventful MotoGP race until the last lap, good ride by Pedrosa. Marquez was pretty reckless at times.

Stepped over the line with that last corner move imo and maybe should receive some sort of penalty.

He was heading off the track till he made contact.

iboEvpoXygUGDm.gif
That is a bit naughty but Lorenzo shouldn't have given him the chance to do it.

I will admit at first I thought Marquez was completely in the wrong, but seeing it again and again, you guys have a point about Lorenzo leaving the door open.

In saying that though, he did kind of use Lorenzo's bike as a brake and if he was penalized in some way I wouldn't have been surprised. Being aggressive is Marquez thing, but that might of been a bit too much. You aren't supposed to make contact like that while passing. If Lorenzo goes down (which could have easily happened), what would we be saying then?

Whether he was right or wrong will be debated, but what Marquez shown today was that it doesn't matter who he takes on, he believes he can/should beat them. So confident already and only 3 races in.

Top Bottom