• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

moojito

The stream I have for the Daytona race is amazing. When it goes to commercials (which is often), it changes to a camera on Junior's car with the audio feed from his spotter. Really interesting stuff.

Chris R

The stream I have for the Daytona race is amazing. When it goes to commercials (which is often), it changes to a camera on Junior's car with the audio feed from his spotter. Really interesting stuff.

Ugh, lucky! I miss DirecTV's hot pass, you could watch the ENTIRE race from one of four drivers views just like that, with the TV broadcast in the corner as well.

So much better when watching races live than the typical TV feed (and man is TNT a bad broadcaster).

Poor Juan :(

edit: A "Big Crash" is two cars being damaged now apparently. At least there will be no more commercials.

Ugh, lucky! I miss DirecTV's hot pass, you could watch the ENTIRE race from one of four drivers views just like that, with the TV broadcast in the corner as well.

So much better when watching races live than the typical TV feed (and man is TNT a bad broadcaster).

Poor Juan :(

edit: A "Big Crash" is two cars being damaged now apparently. At least there will be no more commercials.

This is a big one now lol

moojito

No kidding. I thought that would have been a lot worse for Hamlin.

Still, 10 lap dash to the end ought to be interesting!

Chris R

Looks like Jimmie pushed Marcos into Kasey.

Someone better turn JJ ASAP. He wasn't going to win after he left the yellow line but he won't be that stupid again.

Chris R

Terrible nationwide race and a shitty winner tonight, ugh.

Make them run the road course or something

NASCAR needs to take that car back to North Carolina. There's definitely something illegal on that car.

Tell me about it, unnatural speed compared to the field

B.K.

Tell me about it, unnatural speed compared to the field

But of course they'll get a pass because it's Chad Knaus and the Great Jimmie Johnson. I wish Jimmie would get hurt and have to retire.

How can a car just pull away from the field with no drafting help at Daytona?

Because they're cheating. NASCAR gave Chad Knaus permission to cheat last year.

Dave_6

Jesus I am so sick of Jimmie Johnson that I want to choke myself. Ugh. No wonder I barely watch this series anymore, even as much as I love motorsports.

I am looking forward to the F1 race tomorrow along with Indy's return to Pocono. Indy Car has definitely had some exciting races this year and I have a feeling this one will be since it is similar to Indianapolis.

Chris R

JJ dominating is worse than KB in the Nationwide series. KB at least has some personality and does some good for the sport by running a few cars in the Truck Series (the best part of NASCAR right now in my opinion).

At least the TNT part of the season is almost over. Indy at the end of the month should be a decent race provided someone wrecks JJ.

B.K.

JJ dominating is worse than KB in the Nationwide series. KB at least has some personality and does some good for the sport by running a few cars in the Truck Series (the best part of NASCAR right now in my opinion).

And Kyle isn't a cheater.

thefro

Pretty good crowd for IndyCar at Pocono today... hopefully they put on a great show and this race never leaves again.

thefro

Sato just crashed into Hunter-Reay going into the pits going about 40-50 mph over the pit road speed limit... don't think I've seen that before on an oval.

Chris R

Just got done watching the Pocono race, it wasn't terrible but it would have been nice to see more passing/drafting.

I liked the speed though, and the race was just long enough for a Pocono race (NASCAR should only run 350 miles less and only once a year).

Arcticfox

The main problem with the Pocono race was that they were racing to 400 miles or 160 laps. Since the pit window was around 32 laps, and 160 is evenly divisible by 32, it meant that the race was always going to depend on fuel mileage. If they add 16 laps to the race, or reduce the size of the fuel tank for the track, next year all drivers will be able to push the entire race as there will be no way to finish in just 4 stops.

modulaire

Three riders died this week at the Southern 100 road races, two of them today :-(

A sad day/week for road racing. It's quite shocking because it's a smaller event with fewer competitors than the TT for example.

It's a shame because the races were spectacular today. Great fight between Guy Martin and Michael Dunlop in the Big Race with a win and multiple new lap records from Guy.

Dead Man

Three riders died this week at the Southern 100 road races, two of them today :-(

A sad day/week for road racing. It's quite shocking because it's a smaller event with fewer competitors than the TT for example.

It's a shame because the races were spectacular today. Great fight between Guy Martin and Michael Dunlop in the Big Race with a win and multiple new lap records from Guy.

Jesus, RIP. Massive stones on all the guys who road race bikes.

modulaire

Some pictures form last week.

Guy Martin hanging out with Valentino at Rossi's motorranch (for a Dainese short film). I wonder if Valentino understood what Guy was saying to him with his thick accent :)
22fba7fee5d511e2bdb62irsag.jpg

9df93eb6e7d911e283fe28pu7y.jpg

Sexy.
bobdeizceaacecqyysvd.jpg

Southern 100

Jezbollah

Lorenzo crashed again :(

He bent the titanium plate he had inserted which means another Rossi victory is incoming.

VALENTINO!!!

lol.

If Rossi wins on the Yamaha in Germany, it'll be a more unexpected win than when he won first time out in Welkom on the M1.

Sachsenring is a Honda track if there ever was one.

caramac

Jorge and Dani getting some serious air and Cal's failed attempt to be the first person to slide all the way down the hill at Sachsenring.

iMVcwMwOqWT3V.gif

iKeev3SNWVH3D.gif

i3owohocXNjTP.gif

Some really nasty crashes this weekend. Iannone has a dislocated shoulder and I imagine is out and Staring could barely crawl to the stretcher.

Nice to see the distance between the rest of the CRT teams outside of Aspar and the prototypes is smaller.

I'd like these guys to stand up and say these bikes (specifically the electronics) are unsafe. The frequency that they're getting thrown off, and hurt is getting to be ridiculous. Something needs to be done, imo. Honda threatened to quit over standard ECUs? They need to be told to go sit down, and shut up.

Chris R

Indy in Toronto with a standing start? Should be fun to watch the trainwreck.

And that lap with Steve Matchett on board was fun to watch. NBC should do that every week :p

edit: and it was a trainwreck :( One car stalled so they did a rolling start instead, ugh.

thefro

Matchett is so damn good on commentary. He sounds like he's been working with Townsend Bell for 10 years.

Lots of crazy racing today between Dixon, Bourdais, and Power... really what people have been waiting for since Bourdais rejoined the series to see him battle it out with the top IndyCar guys when he has a great car under him.

moojito

Another relatively boring nationwide race. Thought it was going to be interesting at the end with the 3 gwc attempts and everyone running on fumes, but alas it was pretty much as you were, at the end.

Chris R

Another relatively boring nationwide race. Thought it was going to be interesting at the end with the 3 gwc attempts and everyone running on fumes, but alas it was pretty much as you were, at the end.

If they hadn't thrown the red flag it would have been interesting, but KB cried to NASCAR and got his way, at least the Modified race that was on before the Nationwide race was good.

Without Lorenzo and Pedrosa, this is going to be an enormous shitfight! Would love to see Bradl, Cal or even Espargaro win! Ok the last one probably won't happen.

Shaneus

Just watching a part of the DTM race, since I'll be watching it later.

Looks like a good one though.
This is the first time I've (briefly) tuned into the live YT DTM thingy (first time I've known when it was on, TBH) and damnit, why the fuck can't you do this, Bernie?

Brilliant idea and piss-easy execution, it seems. All I need is a reminder service to tell me when it's on... Fernando? ;)

Top Bottom