• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Okami Wii Thread of IGN Watermarks

I'm about to enter the second village. If this game is really super-long, maybe I can just stop halfway and beat Skies of Arcadia first.

Haunted

flarkminator said:
just so we're clear we didn't do that cover...
Are you having a witch hunt in your office for the one responsible?

Or was it simply someone else from Capcom's PR department and you're off the hook. Cause that's a pretty unprofessional fuck-up, imo. Hilarious, though.

Haunted One said:
Are you having a witch hunt in your office who actually did?

Or was it simply someone else from Capcom's PR department?

I dunno, I asked Dids and he said we didn't make it. That's all I know. Though laughed at the photoshop of the cover with like a billion logos on it :lol

Lee N

Membre
Amir0x said:
yeah but everyone knew Okami was awesome over two years ago, it's kinda old news now.
Nobody bought the game 2 years ago though, so there are a lot of people out there who haven't played this game yet. Besides, it was a good game back then and it's still a good game now.

scitek said:
MotherFUCKER, you haven't read a single bit of this thread. And there was a PS2 vs. Wii thread like three days ago, search for it.

pms_copy.jpg

I hate 3d zelda, especially when its made by capcom.
Ill stick with it a bit longer.
For y'all having trouble with slashes, use the z button to place the brush. It steadies the line.

Err... yeah, I was curious about this. I just checked the assets for Okami that are available via Capcom's press site and there is a shit ton of Ameterasu art. What the.

zbarron said:
He's not your guy, buddy.

I just finished fishing for the key. Wow. That was painful.

sure thing....chief =p

...oh and I got up to that part as well...didn't have any problem as far as drawing the lines

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
zbarron said:
He's not your guy, buddy.

I just finished fishing for the key. Wow. That was painful.

I was saying stuff like that early on when it came out on PS2. It's still in my top 10 favorites ever.

Okami's gameplay is really not that good. Everything else is so awesome though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can I just say that I love this soundtrack. I have actually taken this in to a couple of Oriental restaurants in the area. One in town called the "Fortune House" has the perfect feel and is always playing Okami-esque music. This is just a beautiful serene spread of music.

And is there a way we can merge the PS2 into this. At least a mention to those who live in caves (Or in the remote nether regions of Tahiti) and don't know about that iteration. It's been a while since I played this on my PS3 but this release has got me in the mood to go at it in between my hissy fitting of MGO manners.

To those experiencing this for the first time, you are in for something so good and different in a visual orgy of shananagans.

Why is this game so boring? Man I had 10X more fun playing phantom hourglass.
Heres some problems:
-Too much gabby. Look developers, I dont care what trite narrative youve kept pent up for years after you thought you could hope to match a work of miyazaki, let me play my game. Everyone needs to shut up. This parasite especialy. Stop insulting my intelligence and let me figure shit out on my own.
-Could the zelda parralels be any more obvious? You have your typical dojo, annoying fairy sidekick, and I just rescued a mailman who seems too obsessed with the profession above all else. Somehow... its like... Ive played this before.
- note to RAD. If youre ever in wii territory again, waggle combat sucks. Use no more heroes as a template for success. Okami strains the wrist and the timing is absolutely lost on me. I wouldve preferred a camera moved via pointer anyway. That couldve freed up some buttons.
-Back to inaba
Then again the game would be better if I didnt have to constantly babysit a camera. Oh wow you have an overhead view option! Sexy satisfaction!.... wait why does it keep referting back to default view? Stop that! How did that enemy scroll flank me?

Did I mention it bores me?
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tiefooz

Okay, after years of defending the Wii's controls, I've had it. They could've done without waggling for attack, but they didn't. Now I'm stuck with a port of a game that I want to play because it looks lovelier and more vibrant, but want to burn because the controls are crippled by a shoehorned gimmick. What was mildly unpleasant in Twilight Princess is just heartbreaking in Okami.

Well, piss. :(

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Waggle gets far less frustrating with the rosary beads and even the glaive weapons(since neither focus on hefty combo timing with very punishing miss results). Charging the glaive weapons can be a bit irritating though, understandable given all the drawing and waggle occurring between charge attempts.

I'm far enough in that I've conditioned well to the rhythm of drawing and attacking, but I won't at all argue waggle attacks as being a serviceable replacement for the buttons. I do much prefer drawing on screen with the remote than with the analog stick at this point. I can pull off most abilities at blinding speeds now.

Though it has its own issues outside of Wii additions, I would wholeheartedly slot this game WELL ahead of Twilight Princess on the enjoyment scale. It gets quite a bit right where I found Zelda to really falter. Obvious comparisons aside, I just straight up am enjoying the hell out of this game.

Tenbatsu

Tiefooz said:
Okay, after years of defending the Wii's controls, I've had it. They could've done without waggling for attack, but they didn't. Now I'm stuck with a port of a game that I want to play because it looks lovelier and more vibrant, but want to burn because the controls are crippled by a shoehorned gimmick. What was mildly unpleasant in Twilight Princess is just heartbreaking in Okami.

Well, piss. :(
In the beginning I had problem with the waggle for the attack, but after 16hrs into the game, am getting the hang of it and felt that it is actually pretty well done.

Brandon F said:
Though it has its own issues outside of Wii additions, I would wholeheartedly slot this game WELL ahead of Twilight Princess on the enjoyment scale. It gets quite a bit right where I found Zelda to really falter. Obvious comparisons aside, I just straight up am enjoying the hell out of this game.

completely concurred...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
flarkminator said:
just so we're clear we didn't do that cover...

:lol :lol

I seem to recall hearing when it was first unveiled that Capcom was going to do it's best to outdo this fanmade cover.

I think that's the best part for me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Also that
first battle with Orochi
was fucking awesome.

Sagitario

ZealousD said:
Also that
first battle with Orochi
was fucking awesome.

The
first battle with Orochi
was awesome indeed...
The
second battle with Orochi
was OK...
The
third battle with Orochi
was WTF & WHY?...

The music used in those battles was soooo good the
3 times
though...

Lobster

Banned
ZealousD said:
:lol :lol

I seem to recall hearing when it was first unveiled that Capcom was going to do it's best to outdo this fanmade cover.

I think that's the best part for me.

IGN watermark or not..they did.

That fanmade cover is so shit. They didn't even think about the placement of the logos.

cicero

Amir0x said:
i wasn't asking for visual proof, no. I was mocking the idea of a 'near-perfect ranking' in Okami, as if there is any way that proves his point about the inaccuracy of the dualshock. If anything, it sorta disproves it.

Of course, missing the point is kind of your forte... but hey, I love when people ask me to prove my claims. It seems to always end with the most hilarious results imaginable. Fun!

I've done it so many times, I wonder if people ever learn. Shrinkwrapped No More Heroes in the toilet ftw.
You are right, it does seem to always end with the most hilarious results imaginable. Like for instance, the simple fact that you failed to provide any pictures rebutting my comment. But apparently I get to see the picture of the unopened copy of NMH yet again. Why? The whole point was that you failed to open it after you claimed you had, all to try NMH again to see how much it sucked. Something that according to you was apparent after playing the Japanese version. Nevermind how that happened unless you had access to a Japanese Wii and the original Japanese game, which I am sure you would be more than glad to provide photographic evidence for, so as to disprove my implied accusation that you are pirating titles that you then temporarily buy before returning after you have taken your pictures.

This could have been easily disproven in the previous thread being referenced, but you suddenly went missing, didn't you. Go ahead and prove me wrong right now.

CTLance

[Nintex] said:
Anyone tried this with the Freeloader yet?
I'd be interested in this too.
I'm... uh... "furiously waiting" for my copy of Okami to arrive. If nobody's gonna say anything about it by then I'll post about it.

EDarkness

My copy of the game finally arrived and I have to say, the game is great and looks good on my TV. The controls are nice and I feel like the drawing is much faster this time around. At this point, I don't even use the Z button for drawing straight lines and though I still have some hiccups here and there (mainly me trying to draw as fast as possible) I'm having fun. I haven't put as much time into it as I would have liked, but I'll end up finishing this version and that's a positive in my mind. Heh, heh.

The Hermit

So, I just beat the
Spider Queen
and played about 5 hours. Loving the game, though graphically I think the Ps2 version is better and the dodging mechanic is probably the least responsive move in all games I´ve played on the Wii... =/

Either way, the game is fantastic. Beautifull and Amaterasu is much better than TP Link.

I have a question regarding the Celestial Paintbrush on the Ps2... could you move the camera like the Wii version or not? Because that would be a plus for the Wii version...

Nekobo

Baiano19 said:
I have a question regarding the Celestial Paintbrush on the Ps2... could you move the camera like the Wii version or not? Because that would be a plus for the Wii version...

Yes.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
cicero said:
You are right, it does seem to always end with the most hilarious results imaginable. Like for instance, the simple fact that you failed to provide any pictures rebutting my comment. But apparently I get to see the picture of the unopened copy of NMH yet again. Why? The whole point was that you failed to open it after you claimed you had, all to try NMH again to see how much it sucked. Something that according to you was apparent after playing the Japanese version. Nevermind how that happened unless you had access to a Japanese Wii and the original Japanese game, which I am sure you would be more than glad to provide photographic evidence for, so as to disprove my implied accusation that you are pirating titles that you then temporarily buy before returning after you have taken your pictures.

This could have been easily disproven in the previous thread being referenced, but you suddenly went missing, didn't you. Go ahead and prove me wrong right now.

:lol :lol :lol

jrricky

Banned
What the hell. I got the blue orb from the fake hayabusa dog and now Im stuck because I cant seem to get to the other 2 dogs. Argh...what to do.

P.S. The fortune teller is a hack.

EmCeeGramr said:
Why is this game so boring? Man I had 10X more fun playing phantom hourglass.
Heres some problems:
-Too much gabby. Look developers, I dont care what trite narrative youve kept pent up for years after you thought you could hope to match a work of miyazaki, let me play my game. Everyone needs to shut up. This parasite especialy. Stop insulting my intelligence and let me figure shit out on my own.
-Could the zelda parralels be any more obvious? You have your typical dojo, annoying fairy sidekick, and I just rescued a mailman who seems too obsessed with the profession above all else. Somehow... its like... Ive played this before.
- note to RAD. If youre ever in wii territory again, waggle combat sucks. Use no more heroes as a template for success. Okami strains the wrist and the timing is absolutely lost on me. I wouldve preferred a camera moved via pointer anyway. That couldve freed up some buttons.
-Back to inaba
Then again the game would be better if I didnt have to constantly babysit a camera. Oh wow you have an overhead view option! Sexy satisfaction!.... wait why does it keep referting back to default view? Stop that! How did that enemy scroll flank me?

Did I mention it bores me?
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I believe they included Issun because they thought that having a silent protagonist with no sidekicks whatsoever would be boring, but they didn't want something intrusive. So, they chose a really tiny fairy who, by nature, is really annoying. The problem is that it fails at comic relief and just ends up at "Captain Obvious" territory, making him worse than Midna in terms of personality. I would have rather had Amaterasu talk than carry around a stupid sprite.

The mailmen could switch places and nobody would know. The Zelda parallels are obvious.

Waggle combat has made the signature reflector weapons almost useless. I'm forced to use the beads because they actually attack when I tell them to. WHY do they have to add this tacked on crap? Why can't I just combo by pressing A and use the remote to dodge?

lupin23rd

The original post has April 15th as the Japanese release date, is that still accurate? Haven't seen it on any store shelves but then I wasn't exactly looking for it.

Tenbatsu

Death_Born said:
Waggle combat has made the signature reflector weapons almost useless. I'm forced to use the beads because they actually attack when I tell them to. WHY do they have to add this tacked on crap? Why can't I just combo by pressing A and use the remote to dodge?
Hmm, am the direct opposite of you, I use the reflector weapon rather than the beads, no problem with the timing whatsoever.

jrricky said:
What the hell. I got the blue orb from the fake hayabusa dog and now Im stuck because I cant seem to get to the other 2 dogs. Argh...what to do.

P.S. The fortune teller is a hack.
Did you save the sparrow?

jrricky

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Hmm, am the direct opposite of you, I use the reflector weapon rather than the beads, no problem with the timing whatsoever.

Did you save the sparrow?
Umm, where the hell is the
sparrow
????????

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Whoa, this game looks super blurry for me. I was all hyped to finally get to play Okami but I'm totally distracted by the horrible visuals. Anything I can do besides trying either the LCD or standard "modes"? Is it not booting into 480p or something? For reference Brawl, Galaxy, and Zach + Wiki look fantastic on my setup.

VegaShinra

DKo5 said:
Whoa, this game looks super blurry for me. I was all hyped to finally get to play Okami but I'm totally distracted by the horrible visuals. Anything I can do besides trying either the LCD or standard "modes"? Is it not booting into 480p or something? For reference Brawl, Galaxy, and Zach + Wiki look fantastic on my setup.
Do you have the proper cables?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What is the secret to getting demon horns? I seemed to be raking them in during the early game, but I haven't gotten a single one recently...

Tenbatsu

jrricky said:
Umm, where the hell is the
sparrow
????????
You remember that there is a house in the middle of the field where an old lady will chase you when you go near her? Try going there at night.

Tenbatsu

FlyinJ said:
What is the secret to getting demon horns? I seemed to be raking them in during the early game, but I haven't gotten a single one recently...
Do a brush technique finisher the moment the enemies life deplete, the moment when the screen slows down. Different brush technique for different enemies.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
VegaShinra said:
Do you have the proper cables?

My Wii has never touched anything but proper component cables. As I said, all my other games look fine and as expected - but this is just downright upsettingly bad. I didn't go in expecting the most visually stunning game, but this looks really bad. If it just wasn't so frickin' blurry it would look fine!

DKo5 said:
My Wii has never touched anything but proper component cables. As I said, all my other games look fine and as expected - but this is just downright upsettingly bad. I didn't go in expecting the most visually stunning game, but this looks really bad. If it just wasn't so frickin' blurry it would look fine!

Okami just looks like that. PS2 version did as well, so it's not the Wii version. I think it has something to do with the way the ink outline effect works. It just doesn't have any solid edges to any of the colors, everything kinda blurs together a bit. It's part of the art style it seems, for better or worse.

Top Bottom