• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PAL PLAYSTATION®3 Launch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Defuser said:
Anybody gonna help GAF by bring a videocam along for the launch?
So we can :O at the massive lines and crowds like the PS2 days when crowds are genocides.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZl0zlka08

Ain't gonna happen this thime me thinks. With PS2 we had a line around the entire block of the biggest department store in Helsinki - I was seventh in the line. Same for Wii (well, except that I imported mine to avoid being NOE-screwed again). With PS3 at 680 eur in March, I see absolutely no chance whatsoever of that happening

Midas

The BD version, of course. I hope we get the real retail version and not some special version just for the PS3 release without extra material or something like that.

Wollan

The actual Blu-ray movie is released on the 13th in the UK so it won't be a pre-release disc. Also, since it gets mailed it's sure to be the real thing I believe.

Midas

Wollan said:
The actual Blu-ray movie is released on the 13th in the UK so it won't be a pre-release disc. Also, since it gets mailed it's sure to be the real thing I believe.

Don't forget that we're talking about Sony. ;)

Forsete

Gold Member
I doubt they would manufacture two different versions though, and one version in only 500 000 units.

Wollan

For those of you living in Norway there's an excellent deal going on just now. You can order the console right now and be guaranteed to get it for launch, the thing is that you get Call of Duty 3 & Talladega Nights free of charge with the order. Excellent opportunity there.

Elkjop.no

Zaptruder

Banned
So who has a PAL BD release list?

Kingdom of Heaven is definetly going to be mine.

But not so sure about the rest. I'll probably just see what's good and buy on impulse at this rate.

and I hate you guys for reminding me of wireless kb/mouse.

dammit. that's another 200 i'm gonna be out of ;o

Forsete

Gold Member
Well I moved the subwoofer. Apparently there should be a minimum of 2 feet/60 cm between the woofer and any other electronic device.

hogtalare.jpg

Now look at the snakes nest next to the woofer, I have to fix that.. when I have the energy. ;P

Jake.

i'll be waiting for the 20gig (hopefully it comes here eventually) and if not i'll just get the 60gig when mgs4 is out.

Wollan

We have the same TV it seems. I only have one console connected at a time so at the launch day you will see a PS3 there instead of the X360:

DesktopFeb.jpg

Midas

Hey, why is the window open? I would freeze to death. :p

I really hope my 3com router works with PS3. Doesn't work with my PSP. :(

Forsete

Gold Member
Wollan said:
Nope. Looks like I have the one from the year before yours (mine is V32A10).

Oh ok.

I really hope my 3com router works with PS3. Doesn't work with my PSP. :(

I have a backup if the WiFi does not work with my Netgear WGT624.

rak1.jpg

Like the colour? :D

Midas

Forsete said:
Oh ok.

rak1.jpg

Hehe, we have lots of different colors at work, maybe pink?! That would work too, but my switch is far from where the PS3 will be located.

Rabid Wolverine said:
Has anyone out of Perth been able to get any store to match the gametraders special ?

I am in Victoria and they were able to price match.
Just print it out and take it to either EB or Gametraders, not sure if Harvey Norman do price match.

CurlySaysX said:
I am in Victoria and they were able to price match.
Just print it out and take it to either EB or Gametraders, not sure if Harvey Norman do price match.

Sweet :D

Gametraders Burwood NSW said that deal doesnt exist. Time to get the old printer fired up.

Midas

I just checked the store where I pre-ordered my PS3, and you could seen when you pre-ordered it. It's been a while.

Ordered: 2006-07-10 20:52

That's July, not October. :)

pre ordered my ps3 with resistence and motorstorm from amazon...oblivion is a temptation down the road, but I have okami to play and SOTC, FFXII and MGS3 to finish as well as RE4....I think these need to be completed first hehe

peace

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
nelsonroyale said:
pre ordered my ps3 with resistence and motorstorm from amazon...oblivion is a temptation down the road, but I have okami to play and SOTC, FFXII and MGS3 to finish as well as RE4....I think these need to be completed first hehe

peace

Yeah, those should be compatible. But good luck you guys!

Midas

Wollan said:
map-of-australia.gif

I switch between Norway & Australia with about 9 months each year down under. :p

Well that explains it! I wish I could be there too, this weather is killing me. But I need to survive one more month so I can get my hands on my PS3! :)

jax (old)

Banned
That Myer $1200 coupon that I mentioned earlier? That they advertised in their catalogue?

They don't even know what's it in. You have to trust that its good. As in, you purchase it and hopefully whatever % off the games will bring it down to the level of say a game selling at JBhifi, BigW/Kmart (tend to be cheaper).. Which means you end up saving nothing?

Quite the risk. Will enquire again closer to launch but who knows....

Zaptruder

Banned
Jax said:
That Myer $1200 coupon that I mentioned earlier? That they advertised in their catalogue?

They don't even know what's it in. You have to trust that its good. As in, you purchase it and hopefully whatever % off the games will bring it down to the level of say a game selling at JBhifi, BigW/Kmart (tend to be cheaper).. Which means you end up saving nothing?

Quite the risk. Will enquire again closer to launch but who knows....

The voucher if it ends up been similar to the Wii voucher will be something along the lines of

200-400 of HDTV purchase
20% of 2 lots of 2 games
$15 of 4 or so games
some accessories savings.

jax (old)

Banned
Zaptruder said:
The voucher if it ends up been similar to the Wii voucher will be something along the lines of

200-400 of HDTV purchase
20% of 2 lots of 2 games
$15 of 4 or so games
some accessories savings.

To be honest, that's pretty damn shitty if it turns out to be the case.

reminder

Old?

European PLAYSTATION 3 First Party Software Pricing Announced

London, 26 February 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced pricing details for its first party title launch line-up, to accompany the 23rd March 2007 launch of PLAYSTATION®3.

Providing details of the prices to be charged for first party software available on both disc and through the PLAYSTATION®Network1, SCEE confirmed that its five disc based launch titles, including the highly acclaimed Motorstorm™ and Resistance: Fall of Man™ will be priced at an RRP of €59.99 (£39.99, AUD 99.95, NZ 109.95).

In addition to the disc based games SCEE also announced that exclusive and innovative experiences developed especially for download from the PLAYSTATION®Network such as BlastFactor, flOw and Super Rub a Dub, together with iconic gaming brands such as Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection will be made available for an introductory period at prices which range from €2.99 to €9.99 depending on the specific title.

Other first party content available on the PLAYSTATION®Network such as game items and premium video content will be priced on an easy to understand sliding scale of charges starting as low as €0.99 and increasing depending on the scope of the product. This could range from a new SingStar track to a premium pack for MotorStorm, which would include a new track, additional vehicles, liveries and multiplayer modes.

In announcing these prices, David Reeves, President and CEO of SCEE said, “Not only will it be completely free to register on the PLAYSTATION®Network with no subscription fees and access to many free demos, but with these competitive prices for additional content we are able to offer the consumer both top quality games on Blu-ray discs and a whole range of downloadable content from the PLAYSTATION®Network. With over 30 first and third party disc and network games available at launch, we are confident that this will be one of the most successful launches of all time.”

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
edit - late!

The PSN pricing looks very good, even if just for the 'introductory period' - whatever that is. Tekken should be cheaper than it was/is on the Japanese store for example (I presume it will be at the top-end of the given scale at €9.99).

Also kind of funny after all the speculative doom-mongering about PS3 games prices, particularly in Europe, that the RRP in the UK is £5 less than 360 first party RRPs, and the same as Wii.

Anyone know anything about the demo units going into the big shops?

There's one in the crappy games exchange, but when are they going to be in HMV, Virgin - with nice high def tellys?

Surfheart

I've preordered mine at EB (Australia)

They gave me some crappy EB VIP card.. not sure what it entitles me too, but it seems the inital deal is $30 off Thawk 8 :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Forsete said:
Oh ok.

rak1.jpg

you should get one of those in the 60GB pack. At least my Japanese 60GB PS3 had an ethernet cable with it.

As for bluray discs, try http://bluray.lindsite.dk/ which shows which discs are region free. A surprising number of US discs will work on a UK/EU PS3.

pswii60

Sony have just confirmed that they will be releasing first party games in the UK with an RRP of £39.99 - compared to first party games RRP of £44.99 (the article is incorrect) on 360.

Will be interesting to see if third parties follow suit - on 360 third party games still have RRPs of £49.99.

Still, 360 games can all be picked up for £39.99 or less in Tesco/HMV/anywhere online. In fact, Crackdown is £37.99 in Tescos. So perhaps MS are already following suit in a pre-emptive strike?

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23047

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
pswii60 said:
Still, 360 games can all be picked up for £39.99 or less in Tesco/HMV/anywhere online. In fact, Crackdown is £37.99 in Tescos. So perhaps MS are already following suit in a pre-emptive strike?

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23047

Retailers often under-cut RRPs, but it's a retailer thing..MS hasn't changed their RRP for now.

Hopefully the same retailers will undercut PS3 games' RRP, but I guess we will see. The likes of Amazon and Play do undercut Wii game RRPs by £5 also despite them being lower already, so hopefully that's a good sign PS3 can expect similar treatment.

This has probably been answered before, but can i connect an external USB2.0 hard drive to the PS3 and view movies, music, etc from there?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Good to see 1st party titles at £39.99 RRP, and retailers have taken the bait, even if they are being very misleading about it (play.com for instance saying that £39.99 is £10 off the RRP, blatant mis-selling and hopefully will be sorted).

One thing I am worried for Sony here is the Blu-Ray appeal, if the US market can be called "fledgling", then the UK market would have to be called Non-Existant, when even ASDA tries to hock off Blu_ray for £29.97, this may cause Sony some major issues, frankly they can't market this PS3 as a Blu_Ray device yet as the masses won't even have a clue what it is and it would only serve to confuse the mass marsket consumers.

The PS3 will launch well, sell out easily to start, but I see after 3 months or so a stutter to absolutely disastrous crash if all Sony can manage in the next few months is 360 ports, they won't be able to rely on Blu-Ray, and the masses would look at the neglible differences between the PS3 and 360 graphically and question why Sony want £150 more for their console.

Wollan said:
We have the same TV it seems. I only have one console connected at a time so at the launch day you will see a PS3 there instead of the X360:

DesktopFeb.jpg
I have to say, although I use my lcd tv as a monitor like you do, the size of your screen made me :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
This deal seems ok. I mean, cod3 looks like shit, so does taladega nights.

Euronics will be going lower than that(for the console anyway), I don't have the final price-point yet, but I suspect somewhere around 5500,-

Euronics stavanger will get 15 ps3s, there haven't been any pre-orders yet
(cus no finalized price), so let's go camping!

Now, it's just the ****ing problem of getting the monies for it. :\ I'm buying a hdtv this month, and I have to scrape some money together to pull through. No way in hell I'm gonna be able to pay on launch. maybe I'll get a deal with the boss. Doubt it though, ****ing hates me it seems.

26.02.07 - Sony CEE hat Preise für herunterladbare Inhalte des PlayStation Network in Europa bekanntgegeben. Zur Markteinführung der PS3 sollen folgende Spiele online erhältlich sein:

- BlastFactor
- flOw
- Super Rub a Dub
- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Die Preise pro Spiel liegen zwischen Euro 2,99 und Euro 9,99 - was die vier Spiele im einzelnen kosten, sagt Sony nicht.

Four games available on Launch Day. Prices fo downloadable games will range between 2,99 € and 9,99 €. Sony won't disclose the prices for the specific titles. So expect Tekken be 9,99 €. At least Sony won't rape us with the PSN Games.

Source : Gamefront.de

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom