• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC GAF NFL Head Coach Season I Thread: Jump Passing.. dead?(sign up inside!)

bluemax

Banned
SickBoy said:
Who the hell is bluemax? :)

I'm new, and if you have league tenure or whatever I'll cede my team to you. I'm born and raised in Washington (going to college in Los Angeles though) so I've been a Seahawks fan all my life.

I've always loved the strategy and play calling stuff in football (probably because I'm a lousy athlete no matter how much I try) so I'm really psyched for this game. I'm off from school so I have nothing but time.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Hopefully your 2 minute drill clock management is better than Mike Holmgren's.

Does anyone else think they should have put Dave Campo on the cover instead of Cowher?
160992.jpg

I'm going to hire him as my DC and blame all the losses on him.

they should have put mike mccarthy on the cover and called it "NFL Head Coach: Get a head coaching job even when you were the offensive coordinator for the worst offense in the league the year before"

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
Um, I don't know if you realize, but you can't Vick Cheese in NFL Head Coach.

:lol Well if you remember, I could never even figure out how to "Vick Cheese" in Madden so it's all good.

So is this a Vickless league??? I chose my team. Pay attention to me please. :D

NME

NME said:
I'll be out of town from July 3-10 and again from August 5-12. If that's not too big of a scheduling problem, I'm in.

If it's ok, I'll take Dallas (since the Steelers are off the table).

Was that a no or did my post just get lost in the mix?

Anyway, if it's cool:

Dallas
Jacksonville
Whatever's left (doesn't seem to matter too much)

bluemax

Banned
Guileless said:
Hopefully your 2 minute drill clock management is better than Mike Holmgren's.

Does anyone else think they should have put Dave Campo on the cover instead of Cowher?
160992.jpg

I'm going to hire him as my DC and blame all the losses on him.

What a terrible game that was, ugh. Wish Holmgren would shut up about it already. It was a weird two month period watching both my college and pro team lose winnable championship games. Bleh.

we had a 28 man madden 2006 Xbox league, and surprisingly we had minimal problems with people being deadbeats. best GAF league in history (so far!) was that first xbox 2006 madden league. great season

8-8, never forget DM. YOU are the reason mrbob has a superbowl trophy here at gaf! mrbob winning it all is the equivalent of the redsox winning a world series (before they actually did!)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im back!

8-8 is nothing to be ashamed of. i pulled that out with the chargers in the same season, and was 1 win away from the playoffs! I avenged myself in the ps2 league tho

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Losers point fingers, winners take the blame!

Yes I take the blame I had to use a shoddy gamepad with innacurate control!

PS- When are you going to join the hall of championnsssssssssssssssssss woooooooooooo hahahahahhaha.

DMczaf

Like a wise Duce22 once said...

"I'd rather fail at 3 straight conference title games then win 1 Super Bowl!"

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
lolz trash talking already. I can see it now

"Oh yeah well how about in the third quarter when I yelled at my receivers to get off the jam at the line of scrimmage and then we threw three TDs on your bitch DBs? How you like them apples?"

"I didn't know you yelled at your receivers. Good job tho."

"Umm thanks."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been waiting on my connection at home to get repaired, and I'll look into this game. Is it out yet? When?

You know what team I'd like to have, but that's alright.

1. Seahawks
2. Panthers
3. Can't think of a real choice, basically any team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just noticed that leaguedaddy.com has a subscription fee. Are people going to have to chip in a fee?

as the release approaches i want to make it clear to everyone interested that this isn't some shitty "oh sure ill play, whatever" type league. it is sometimes a pain in the ass to play your games (cause everyone is always busy i know) but it is just respectful to the other people in the league to play your games in a timely fashion. we'll probably have a 5 time limit for each game. you will have to enter stats for your team (i believe, we'll see what options the game offers), and so on.

so please post your AIM if you are interested in playing!

Karakand

When were you planning on starting things? I usually order online which means I get my games a couple of days after they come out but if you want to start the league early I'll plan on grabbing it from a brick-and-mortar.

CB3

The Roster Update is REALLY gonna **** up whoever is using the steelers :lol

the game has already gone gold buddy. roethlisberger will be around until EA decides to update. and given the amount of time it takes them to update, we'll be done with the season by the time gentle ben is taken out

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, why is there a "maybe" by my name!!!!!! I've been tainted by the touch of Matlock!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't think there will be an update. Maybe there will be two rosters, one for online, one for off. A big part of the game is to go through this year's draft.

I'm out FMT. I think I'll just wait for NCAA 2007 for my football fix. DJ Demon you can have the Skins. That demo was just to boring for me.

i may or may not go ahead with the league as commissioner. reason being is i have 2 weeks training for my new job SOMETIME in july in Vegas or Georgia (please be vegas!), and i don't know exactly when. not only that, but i discovered the game runs like crap on my system because my videocard sucks. i'd have to buy a $100 card to have decent performance, which i am willing to do (so i can play half-life 2 also!) but we'll see. my problem is that by the time i get back from training, NCAA will probably already be out, and that is my preferred game to head coach :/ i would rather spend the LD money on having an NCAA league...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
True...

I honestly don't know how well a league for Head Coach would work. I am getting the game regardless because it's just my kind of sim. If anyone wants a game online let me know Wednesday!

CB3

Yeah, ive been thinking kind of the same thing, getting NCAA instead of Head coach. Besides that School is sucking up time that would be needed for head coach

SickBoy

Looks like the writing might be on the wall. I tracked down the demo after reading the comments about it running like crap (wondering to myself, "how do people know?")

I'll probably pick it up, but if this league doesn't go, it'll probably be later rather than sooner. The interface is a turnoff for me.. I found it to be a bit clunky and I don't know if I'll like the other versions any better....

I've been into the idea of a product like this for some time, but I'm a bit concerned it won't live up to the old and possibly now-defunct Front Office Football.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well, if the league is off I may pick up the Xbox version of this instead, the interface in the PC demo is way too controller-centric.

Top Bottom