• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phil Harrison Keynote @ GDC Thread.

bud

The keynote starts @ 19.30 (central eu time).

eurogamer.net live feed
ign.com coverage
1up.com coverage

check this thread for a summary of GDC 2k7 including a summary of this keynote!!1

Phil Harrison's GDC 2007 Keynote

phil_harrison.jpg

Wednesday, March 7, 2007
10:30-11:30 AM PST (1:30-2:30 AM EST)

"Game 3.0: Developing and Creating for the 3rd Age of Video Games"

Phil Harrison
President, Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment

The entertainment, creative and commercial opportunities presented by connected communities of players and developers are almost infinite.

What does 'always on' mean for both the game development industry and consumer? What are some of the innovative products and services that will help content developers define and shape the meaning of Game 3.0

Sony Computer Entertainment's Worldwide Studios will demonstrate some exclusive insights into its development of products and services that will help define future growth in the video game market.
(/bud Abuse)

1hr 30mins left till:
playingwii.gif

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Here is the list of things I hope we hear about:

1. Warhawk's release date and how it is going to be delivered.
2. I want to know when MotorStorm, if ever, will have a friends/buddies list.
3. Will Home be free?
4. When will we see the first rumble enabled controller for the PS3?
5. Release dates for Lair and Heavenly Sword.
6. Killzone 2 Demo
7. What about SOCOM?
8. Will the PSP price drop?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This should be fun. Let's increase our expectations so we can all dance with glee when he makes a flub! Then we can pretend we're disappointed!

Wollan

Hasn't it pretty much been confirmed at this point?

We will hear about PS Home. We will hear about new amazing game that lets you create other games. We will hear Killzone impressions from press.

DenogginizerOS

Wollan said:
Hasn't it pretty much been confirmed at this point?

We will hear about PS Home. We will hear about new amazing game that lets you create other games. We will hear Killzone impressions from press.

Nothing is confirmed until Phil utters the words.

ChryZ

this better be good, this is GAF .... we DO kill the messenger(s)
Indifferent2.gif

just kidding, we don't ... well, maybe a little

bud

does anyone remember the site's name that leaked cellphone movies/images from phil's gdc keynote last year?

Wollan

DenogginizerOS said:
Nothing is confirmed until Phil utters the words.

I just think you're smearing a lot more onto what's already a way considerable amount of big announcements. :)

DenogginizerOS

Wollan said:
I just think you're smearing a lot more onto what's already a way considerable amount of big announcements. :)

I just hope some of the things I listed are actually addressed. I am not hyping. I am hoping.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The best part about this conference is that it will still probably show a game that should make people go O_O, and is related to 'user created content'. It's already mentioned "LittleBigWorld" in another thread.

R0nn

"Playstation Home will feature a 'pet your personal dog' feature."

Make it happen Sony.

Dogs am the new hotness in gaming.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Haunted_One said:
lol Eurogamer.
Indifferent2.gif
Regardless of the site, I think its safe to say Eurogamer has some top notch live blogging. :)

But yeah, obviously GameDaily, 1up, ign, gamespot, etc will all have info and blogging going on. Take your pick.

Wollan

It's kinda weird that the PS Home promo trailer will be released online as soon as the keynote starts. Mass hysteria.

Mmmkay

Bad_Boy said:
Regardless of the site, I think its safe to say Eurogamer has some top notch live blogging. :)

But yeah, obviously GameDaily, 1up, ign, gamespot, etc will all have info and blogging going on. Take your pick.
Eurogamer win by default for having auto updating WEB TWO POINT OHH voodoo.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Marconelly said:
The best part about this conference is that it will still probably show a game that should make people go O_O, and is related to 'user created content'. It's already mentioned "LittleBigWorld" in another thread.

It's called LittleBigPlanet apparently. And yes, this is what I'm most curious to see now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Bad_Boy said:

Their live-blogger was ACES last year and I rather like their auto-update system, no refreshing required.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Mmmkay said:
Eurogamer win by default for having auto updating WEB TWO POINT OHH voodoo.
exactly. no f5!

Wollan said:
It's kinda weird that the PS Home promo trailer will be released online as soon as the keynote starts. Mass hysteria.
I thought that doesnt go up until 10:30, the keynote starts at 10:00 right?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
gofreak said:
It's called LittleBigPlanet apparently. And yes, this is what I'm most curious to see now.
That name initially confused me and I thought we were going to be seeing a sequel to Little Big Adventure.

:(

Busty

Banned
Wollan said:

Really? So Sony is really releasing media of the games and functions they'll be unveiling and discussing, like they did with White Knight Story at TGS? Sweet.

Though I'm sure this can't be answered one way or another until later on, but what is the current thinking/general consensus with Home, will it be a download or will it be a Blu Ray release?

Wollan

MickeyKnox said:
where did you hear this and where wil it be released to?

Onto the net. It's revealed in the other thread(Sony hints..) that the various media sites were given the stuff needed (that including video material) at the pre-keynote to be released to the public at 10:30 when the Keynote starts.

Top Bottom