• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

just some notes:

there is a video quality setting. I'm unsure if that lowers the barrier to hosting by setting high to medium before having someone try to join.

the test to allow hosting seems to allow 1mbit uploads, but the result is not recommended. You really want low latency and over 2 megabit to actually play the game.

if the host turns on share play the potential guest has to be observant, because there is no alert, just a little controller icon appears. The guest has to go to the menu to select join to kick things off.

chat gets all screwed up during the connection test prior to the game.

at the end, the guest is left with the game icon in their xmb, if they didn't already have the game. Of course they can't run it. They can delete it though.

ExoSoul

Banned
Yeah are we arranging games to play?

Willing to host:
- Knack for some coop

Looking to play:
- Shadows of Mordor

I'd like to give knack a go =)

I hosted 3 sessions already, 2 guys said it was very minor lag (less than PSNow according to them) only one said it was more noticeable but still not bad. No complains about IQ.

McSpidey

Can anyone else get this working with MineCraft? It comes up as black on the guest screen and says blocked content on the host for me. Other games work fine.

vercity82

I dont mind having people game for me if they want got peggle if anybody is good and wants to give it a bash walking dead season 1 in a few chapters great way to get people to game for you for a tester for a hour im free doing anything so if anybody wants to game send me a message on here or PSN ID RandellaUk.

carlos

When they say that PS+ is required, does that mean that each individual has to have it, or can they be using the PS+ from another account on that PS4?

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I'll let someone play Driveclub for an hour if they let me test how it works with any of their games. Please have at least 10Mbps upload. US, east. PSN: tevinwade

Loudninja

When they say that PS+ is required, does that mean that each individual has to have it, or can they be using the PS+ from another account on that PS4?
For SP only the person doing the sharing has to have it, for co-op ps plus is require for both persons.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Yeah, having Vibration is so awesome over share play. Makes it that less remote.

Both users feel the vibration.

(Share play sex games confirmed).

I'm the one that's hosting. Even though I gave the controller, vibration feedback to comes through on my end.

sensui-tomo

Yeah, both users feel the vibration.

I'm the one that's hosting. Even though I gave the controller, vibration feedback to comes through on my end.

Yeah, having Vibration is so awesome over share play. Makes it that less remote.

Both users feel the vibration.

(Share play sex games confirmed).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s Good vibrations confirmed?
on a serious note i'll probably let someone shareplay Samurai warriors 4 later.

le.phat

This is incredible, Sony is getting so much mileage out of that gaikai purchase. This is going to be huge!

Sony should advertise this feature. Like seriously. Dedicate some screentime to this shit Sony, get the word outthere!

Ricker

Wondering,lets say I want to let someone play a game like Lords of The Fallen,he has to pick it up where I am at right...? he cant just start a new game and try a different class for 60 minutes right...?

And if I cant kill a Boss and he does it,its done for me also when share play ends...? or do I start back where I was before handing the controller....?

grimmiq

Anyone want to give shareplay a shot? Send a party invite.

PSN: Chainshada

Update:

Well it sure as hell doesn't work with an Australian host and American joining XD.

Wondering,lets say I want to let someone play a game like Lords of The Fallen,he has to pick it up where I am at right...? he cant just start a new game and try a different class for 60 minutes right...?

And if I cant kill a Boss and he does it,its done for me also when share play ends...? or do I start back where I was before handing the controller....?

Imagine he is sitting there on the couch beside you.
You hand him your controller. He does stuff. Hands it back.
That's it.

If your friend kills a boss it will be dead for you as well. You are just giving the controller to him nothing else. If Lords has multiple save slots he can start a new game and play but that save will be on your game once he returns control I will just back up my saves just in case someone messes up my game :p

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm happy to hear that impressions are positive.

holy fucking shit this works ...

i just shared second son to a psn mate in brisbane , aus, from wellington , new zealand ..... and totally playable.

i'm on fiber and my ps4 is cabled, but he was on lowley VDSL and had his ps4 connected via wifi at his house.

AMAZED
and i think i just sold him on infamous (he hadn't played infamous since the first one) ...... sony you evil geniuses

pfhwcs.png

:D

jwk94

I'd like to give knack a go =)

I hosted 3 sessions already, 2 guys said it was very minor lag (less than PSNow according to them) only one said it was more noticeable but still not bad. No complains about IQ.
Alright I'll add you when I get home. Won't be able to play until tonight though.

Cudder

So if I want to play against my friend in NHL 15, is it better to play against him online or just do the 2 controller thing through Share Play? Is there less lag or something using Share Play?

I just share played with my brother in Tennesse and I'm in Cali. We were playing NBA 2K15. This is by far one of the best features. My brother said he wasn't getting any lag and he was playing like it.

jwk94

I just share played with my brother in Tennesse and I'm in Cali. We were playing NBA 2K15. This is by far one of the best features. My brother said he wasn't getting any lag and he was playing like it.
Wait a minute. Was the connection better than an online game?

DieH@rd

Banned
So if I want to play against my friend in NHL 15, is it better to play against him online or just do the 2 controller thing through Share Play? Is there less lag or something using Share Play?

If the game supports online coop/multiplayer, its best for both of you to get the game.

However, #1 you can use Share Play even if your friend does not own the game, and #2, this can transfrom couchcoop-only games [there are few of them] into online coop.

That's quite a large distance. :)

sensui-tomo

i wonder if the share screen thing allows the koei games to broadcast all of the audio. Got to test that out later since its still bs that they cant work out some contract with the VAs to just allow people to stream it.

Top Bottom