• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

plainr_

Man this is going to be huge. All have to do now is wait for my friends to wake the hell up so we can test this out.

DieH@rd

Banned
Can someone check does async coop works with SP in Diablo 3?

One Share Play host, his guest, and 2 more online players.

Guymelef

It's all good!

Enjoy it for an hour lol. Let me know if there's a game you haven't played and want to try that I may have.

How's the lag? You're in Spain I presume?

Yep, Spain, In a few minutes I'll upload the video.

Some compress blocks, a few (really few) input lag but experience is really really good.
How was your distance with me?

madp0k

Sounds like a really cool feature, I'm going to try and get a few people to try DC tonight, do you know that if I put on a custom soundtrack (being the host and using the USB music player) will they hear it? I'm guessing yes

Fdkn

Didn't know there was a thread on this, reposting from the update one:

I've been testing shareplay and it works surprisingly good. I was hosting with a 100/10 connection tho.

When I tried to join my friend with an adsl 10/1 the system told us the connection was to slow for shareplay so I don't know what would be the min requirement for it to work.

I may add that as long as you don't close the shareplay session, the guess can go in and out as he pleases.

Didn't know there was a thread on this, reposting from the update one:

I may add that as long as you don't close the shareplay session, the guess can go in and out as he pleases.

Yea theres no way a 1mb upload can handle streaming as host. I'm stuck in the same boat, I have a 2mb upload. I think 5mb and up should be fine.

EGOMON

Holy fuck it works!
I just helped my brother with driveclub finishing the notorious Venom Hot Lap there was a very low lag it didn't affect my performance

DieH@rd

Banned
I don't think it'll work that way... :(

Let's try it out. Lol.

Thanks for inviting me for a minute, I just quickly checked it out but I dont have time now for more testing.

Anyhow we are a half a world apart, and it was just on the border of being playable. :D Video quality was great, but lag was noticeable. I could probably play it like that, but finding a host that is at least in the 1000-2000 km range of me in the same continent [you were at 6500km+ across the Atlantic using Google Earth ruler measurement] would be much more preferable. :D

edit - scratch that, we are 7300km apart and I just noticed my torrent was active. :lol:

Pop

With SharePlay, I can finally coach my buddies on how to become better at competitive fps.

Based next gen feature

Fun time share playing with Carl, and I think it got him to finally play his free copy of dust too :p

I'm in Florida, he's in UK and it was noticeable but playable lag.
Lego Marvel wouldn't work, because of region restrictions or something?

Holy fuck it works!
I just helped my brother with driveclub finishing the notorious Venom Hot Lap there was a very low lag it didn't affect my performance

Considering I thought racers and fighting games would be the thing to suffer, this is amazing to read.

Love reading the impressions.

delSai

Fun time share playing with Carl, and I think it got him to finally play his free copy of dust too :p

Same problem here, with the Fifa Demo.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
4SJB13Q.png

Tried it out with a friend in Winnipeg, Canada (10/2 connection), hosting from my PS4 in the NY area (50/50 connection.)

He reported artifacts and about 1s lag/delay on input.
Fast action games like Infamous were playable, but not very fun.
Semi-turn based game like Transistor works great, and I've just convinced him to purchase a copy.

Overall, it was a great experience for me just watching and chatting with in real time.
Really hope this is the future of game streaming for all platforms.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

holy fucking shit this works ...

i just shared second son to a psn mate in brisbane , aus, from wellington , new zealand ..... and totally playable.

i'm on fiber and my ps4 is cabled, but he was on lowley VDSL and had his ps4 connected via wifi at his house.

AMAZED

I just share played with my brother in Tennesse and I'm in Cali. We were playing NBA 2K15. This is by far one of the best features. My brother said he wasn't getting any lag and he was playing like it.

Well I had a gaffer hit me up to test it.

Towerfal, host in Canada and I am in Ireland.

Worked great.

Holy fuck it works!

Never forget:

I think the SharePlay feature is going to be cool for about two minutes after people try it, and go "wow, there is a lot of input lag doing this. Kinda hard to play this game being streamed halfway across the country".

LAM09

When it says connection is too slow, who is at fault (I'm not the host)?

I have already hosted a game fine, and I have 60/20.

MisterM

I wouldn't mind trying this out at some point tonight, I've not had my PS4 long so I don't have much to offer:

Destiny
TLoU: Remastered

Wouldn't mind having a go on Drive Club, Shadows of Mordor, The Evil Within or Alien: Isolation.

PSN: MilesOfPower

EDIT - Sorry, UK here..I should be on around 7-8pm onwards for a couple of hours.

Arttemis

Never forget:

Originally Posted by BruiserBear

I think the SharePlay feature is going to be cool for about two minutes after people try it, and go "wow, there is a lot of input lag doing this. Kinda hard to play this game being streamed halfway across the country".

He should be ashamed.

Since I don't play my PS4 I'll let people play as much as they want (within reason of course) if we set up a time and day.

Region - NA West (PT)
Time - Anytime during weekends, afternoons during weekdays.
Games I currently have installed on PS4 -
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Destiny
  • Fez
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  • P.T.
  • Resogun
  • Road Not Taken
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Trine 2
  • Velocity 2X
PM me if your interested.

YoodlePro

I can't wait for the HAVE / WANT shareplay thread.

On that note

HAVE

Battlefield 4
TLOU R
Don't Starve + Reign of giants
Soundshapes
Hotline miami
Some Ps plus games

WANT

Ass creed
Driveclub
Killzone
Resogun
And others maybe

PM for id swap

Never forget:

LOL, Looks like Bruiser may have mistaken a bit, or at least mis-judged the excitement and potential of this feature. . This SharePlay feature is awesome and really seems to be impressing people. The cool thing is that I didn't see happening, is all the new friends that are coming out of this.

People inviting others to try their games, its a cool little feature that appears to be strengthening the PSN community at least on Day 1.

EDIT: I would really like the try WWE2k15 if anyone is picking that up. Add me on PSN - Filth_Flannigan

I have darn near every decent PS4 game it seems if anyone wants to try them out. I will list my games in this thread later.

Idba

I can't wait for the HAVE / WANT shareplay thread.

On that note

HAVE

Battlefield 4
TLOU R
Don't Starve + Reign of giants
Soundshapes
Hotline miami
Some Ps plus games

WANT

Ass creed
Driveclub
Killzone
Resogun
And others maybe

PM for id swap

I have Resogun, add me IdbaxD. You can play in 30 minutes while i eat if you want to

Top Bottom