• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony PS3 BT Headset Officially Announced by SCEJ (5000 Yen, October)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
This kinda makes it more official than it already was.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/080902ae.html

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ), a division of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. responsible for business operations in Japan, today announced that it would release Bluetooth® installed Wireless Headset for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3®) on October 30th, 2008, in Japan at a recommended retail price of 5,000 yen (including tax).

Installed with Bluetooth, it pairs automatically with PS3 by simply using the bundled USB cable. The inner ear phone speaker of the new Headset along with the noise cancelling feature when in High Quality mode delivers stable, superior sound

Additionally, the bundled cradle can be used to charge the battery which will allow maximum of eight hours of voice chat when fully charged. While the Headset is connected to PS3, it will support on-screen indicator showing the headset connection status, battery charge level, speaker volume level and microphone mute status at a push of a button.
^ Expect a new firmware in October :lol

hopefully the on screen indicator for the headset is in the exact same spot as the controller battery indicator and system clock for maximum hilarity!

FightyF

Banned
FUCKING FINALLY

I've been asking for this since LAUNCH.

I already have 2 BT headsets, but I'll bite for this one too. I need the mute button and volume knob. I'VE NEEDED IT FOR TWO YEARS.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Faceless Master said:
hopefully the on screen indicator for the headset is in the exact same spot as the controller battery indicator and system clock for maximum hilarity!

:lol

slider

The ensuing meltdowns would be amazing.

bluheim

Banned
Instabuy !

My Plantronics 520 was very good but this thing looks perfect.

Doc Evils

first thing that came to mind. :/

I feel ripped off for buying the BR version of Warhawk just for that shitty jabra headset. Now I have to swap BRs when I want to play Warhawk and I still don't have a proper bluetooth headset :(

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Isnt this the same one shipping with socom?

edit: late :/
socom bundle seems like the smart buy then.

FightyF

Banned
Phantast2k said:
I feel ripped off for buying the BR version of Warhawk just for that shitty jabra headset. Now I have to swap BRs when I want to play Warhawk and I still don't have a proper bluetooth headset :(

Yeah the clip broke on me the second I tried to bend it. It still works, just the hard rubber cracked.

The original headset I bought with the PS3 had compatibility issues that went back and forth between updates.

A Sony one from launch specifically for the PS3 (so it has easy mute, quick volume gauge) would have been nice. I mean, they make BT headsets for phones...why not a specific PS3 one?

Bad_Boy said:
Isnt this the same one shipping with socom?

If that's the case, that's even better!

Endless

whs01.jpg

whs03.jpg

whs04.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080902/whs.htm

Snipes424

Looks sexy and has a mute function on it!

I will definitely buy the socom+headset pack.

sinnergy said:
Nice, now bundle it Sony, so that more people talk when playing online. By bundle I mean, with the system.

Be careful for what you wish for, need I remind you of the Hideous singing on Xbox live?

But seriously, it would be nice to have more people talk on PSN :)

sun-drop

my mobiles blutooth headset that i was using finally just died last week, wont charge, perefct timing sony. WANT

CAVE343

That is one slick looking headset, it seems very comfy. The cradle is also very, very nice. I'm buying with Socom.

snap0212

You made my day!

Afrikan

sinnergy said:
Nice, now bundle it Sony, so that more people talk when playing online. By bundle I mean, with the system.

I think some of you guys are going to have to finally accept that most casual PSN users just don't like to talk online..... you'll hear us breath once in a while....and will respond if a question is asked.....or not....but usually IMO most casual PSN gamers (ex. ones who are not in Clans) just don't like to start conversations..... especially as more and more Xbox younglinks start buying PS3s.....

jett

D-Member
I thought Socom was gonna be a downloadable-only game, heh. And what's the difference between this headset and the one that came with Warhawk?

schild

jett said:
I thought Socom was gonna be a downloadable-only game, heh. And what's the difference between this headset and the one that came with Warhawk?

The Warhawk one is a low-rent piece of shit Jabra headset that wasn't designed for ANYBODY to use.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm crying right now. Best post of the thread!!!!! :lol :lol

please fix this sony

pr0cs

I wasn't that interested in SOCOM but if this headset comes with the game I'll be there, day one.

Blu_LED said:
Excuse my ignorance, but how much does 5000yen usually turn out to be in USD?

$50 for a headset? Jesus Christ.

At current exchange rates it's about $46 USD and $49 CDN. And $50 isn't too bad, the really good BT headsets can easily go for $120+.

pr0cs

FoxhoundNL said:
PS3s Wii Play confirmed!
As long as they price it appropriately.
If they sell the bundle for $90 they're on fucking crank. $70 for game+headset and I'm interested.

Top Bottom