• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official SQUARE ENIX presents DK3713 Private Party 2008 Thread (READ THE OP)

If NOT for the 360 announcement, would FFXIII make it out in the US before 2010?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

As far as expectations go, here's what I posted on IRC earlier:

<duckroll> at this point im pretty much expecting the event to be Nomura coming out of the closet and jacking off over everyone in the crowd while they reach out to their savior with open arms
<duckroll> no games, no trailers, no demos
<duckroll> just sperm

Unison

duckroll said:

<duckroll> at this point im pretty much expecting the event to be Nomura coming out of the closet and jacking off over everyone in the crowd while they reach out to their savior with open arms
<duckroll> just sperm

Half of GAF would still lap it up.

duckroll said:

<duckroll> just sperm

2h830ya.gif

DMPrince said:
|High Expectation
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|Low Expectation
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|[Where you should set it.]

More like this

Microsoft/Sony E3 Conference
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Nintendo E3 Conference
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Third Party E3 Conference (DK&#931;3713)

Zoe said:
:lol

&#12505;&#12523;&#12488;&#12398;&#12472;&#12483;&#12497;&#12540; = Belt Zipper
Ah hah hah, thought so. Since I only own portables currently this gen, I'd be happy with the announcement of one new DS or PSP game.

Danj

So, yet more videos shown behind closed doors that we'll never see until 1-2 years later? I'm trying to contain my excitement! :lol

Threi

notag
Himuro said:
You know, I don't know why everyone is so biased for yellow, white, and blue sperm. What about red? I know it'll like kinda like blood but...hey, fruit punch flavored cum.
2mwghut.png

yankee666

No Wii or X360 love from this show. I know the 360 isnt popular in japan, but at least so videos of SO4. Well i really have hopes for the 2 KH games and thats all, i dont think they show anything new. TGS here we go!!!

Himuro said:
You know, I don't know why everyone is so biased for yellow, white, and blue sperm. What about red? I know it'll like kinda like blood but...hey, fruit punch flavored cum.

If its red, then you best go see a doctor.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Himuro said:
This is what I feel about this event:

[---- I'm here ---------------------------------------------------------------- Low Expectations

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------High Expectations ]
So you are just above zero expectations? At 5% if I am reading it right.

gantz85

Banned
As a Sony supporter I was honestly disappointed by FFXIII going multiplatform but I have no idea why I feel pretty much apathetic to Squeenix these days. Completely so.

A new Chrono game might change that.

I miss Matsuno.

zoku88

I'm totally not hyped about this thing at all...

Here's hoping that something interesting actually happens...

Dante

gantz85 said:
As a Sony supporter I was honestly disappointed by FFXIII going multiplatform but I have no idea why I feel pretty much apathetic to Squeenix these days. Completely so.

A new Chrono game might change that.

I miss Matsuno.

It could be that it's been like three years and they still haven't shown any substantial gameplay to both 13 and vs. It's getting a bit frustrating.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gantz85 said:

Normally people... like... jokingly refer to themselves as an fanboys, or pretend to wrap their clinical status in some sort of technological terms ("I'm a lover of free-hand control", "I'm a real audio-video enthusiast", "Multiplatform games tend to be less polished!"), but it takes a special kind of self-confidence to come out and openly declare that you live your life in an in-group out-group psychology laboratory.

I mean, at least the Army pays you to be a soldier...

FabCam

Looking forward to new XIII and versus vids. I still think the "massive surprise for FFVII fans" will be the FFVII remake coming exclusively to PS3 seeing as Shane seemed to know that it would "benefit Sony".

duckroll

k1s3k1 said:
the big announcement of ff7 will mostly be on the 2nd day of the party (3rd august japan time)

It's not a two day event. It's a 3 hour event that is repeated 3 times a day for 2 days, for 6 sessions because they don't want overcrowding in Quest Hall.

Threi

notag
"We are please to announce the re-imagining of Final Fantasy VII for Playstation 3 from Sony-"

OH SHIT YES ALL OVER MY FACE WHOOO

"-and Xbox 360 from Microsoft"

WTF FAILSAUCE WHY EVEN BOTHER ANNOUNCING IT YOU ASSHOLES

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is gonna be my reaction if FFVII remake gets confirmed.

Dramatic-Cat1.gif

k1s3k1

Banned
duckroll said:
It's not a two day event. It's a 3 hour event that is repeated 3 times a day for 2 days, for 6 sessions because they don't want overcrowding in Quest Hall.

i really DOUBT the big announcement will be shown in the screen though.. i expect yoichi wada to SURPRISE people by appearing on the 2nd day event and announcing it

such big announcement that they said i doubt that it will be repeated...

Vinci

Danish
DieH@rd said:
Ok Square! Im prepared to be AMAZED!!!! Hit me with your best shot!

"FF VII Chronicles" is announced exclusively for the PS3. It will contain all the beloved characters, storylines, and settings that have become legend to Final Fantasy fans the world over. In this unprecedented move, Square-Enix has taken the game's original cinematics and carefully re-rendered them using modern-day CG techniques the company has pioneered over the course of its long history of classic games and two full-length feature films. It has then combined them together into a cohesive whole, only removing the gameplay portions, in order to showcase FF VII as the cinematic masterpiece it was always meant to be. It is scheduled for release in October and its price is expected to be comparable to other Blu-Ray films on the market at the time.

;)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
God, despite all the warning it looks like the hype is beginning again :lol :lol

duckroll

k1s3k1 said:
i really DOUBT the big announcement will be shown in the screen though.. i expect yoichi wada to SURPRISE people by appearing on the 2nd day event and announcing it

such big announcement that they said i doubt that it will be repeated...

Okay, well I expected Santa Claus to SURPRISE me by flying down on his sleigh and giving me presents once a long time ago too....

FabCam

If this FF7 announcement is going to be some shit like a new Afvent Children film or something, I'll be pissed. I'm expecting an FF7 remake announcement with just a CG trailer. Then we won't see it for another year at least <-<

Threi

notag
or even better:

"We are pleased to unveil Final Fantasy XIII versus, featuring a rich experience which could only be achieved on PS3. Utilizing the full potential of the blue-ray media we are able to produce a crisp, clear experience that is unrivalled in the home entertainment market. Coming to Blue-Ray in 2009."

;)

gantz85

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Normally people... like... jokingly refer to themselves as an fanboys, or pretend to wrap their clinical status in some sort of technological terms ("I'm a lover of free-hand control", "I'm a real audio-video enthusiast", "Multiplatform games tend to be less polished!"), but it takes a special kind of self-confidence to come out and openly declare that you live your life in an in-group out-group psychology laboratory.

I mean, at least the Army pays you to be a soldier...

? I don't understand, plenty of posters here have their own preferences and so have I. It doesnt mean this allegiance is permanent or forever; I started off with the NES and SNES as well like most longtime gamers.

So long as you identify yourself as part of any group - race, gender, age, country, etc. Those are all in-group and out-group distinctions. I wish your post had more intellectual meat to respond to.

AmMortal

Banned
Threi said:
or even better:

"We are pleased to unveil Final Fantasy XIII versus, featuring a rich experience which could only be achieved on PS3. Utilizing the full potential of the blue-ray media we are able to produce a crisp, clear experience that is unrivalled in the home entertainment market. Coming to Blue-Ray in 2009... 2 weeks before the 360 version ;)

;)

Fixed.

:(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gantz85 said:
?So long as you identify yourself as part of any group - race, gender, age, country, etc. Those are all in-group and out-group distinctions.

Except the shibboleth for all of those group identifications is deeply cultural and has great value in helping maintain order and enhance quality of life for pretty much all humans and the shibboleth for console allegiance is this:

http://i.imgur.com/FsmP32U.png

So, no, I don't think there's a moral equivalency between boundary maintenance with respect to race or other core personal characteristics and boundary maintenance with respect to attachment to a corporation, an eyepatch, and a cigarette.

Stop and think--it disappoints you that other humans are permitted to experience something that they weren't permitted to experience before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom