• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

Ryu, Ken and Akuma look awesome, and Bison's torpedo looks cool... everything else kind of weirds me out, too internet flash-game-ish, especially Balrog's level. Still looking forward to it.

Eiji

HD Vega looks cool:

1444490269_57f0b140ee_o.gif

Normal Vega sized up:

2ihm6vo.gif

I know the game won't be perfect when it comes out (i.e. choppy animation, no widescreen, etc.) but I am still very excited for it.
Urge for 2D 1080p sprite-based fighter increasing.... :D

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There aren't enough >s to describe how much better the Udon Cammy sprite is compared to the GAF Cammy sprite from earlier in the thread. And the Vega sprite is 100% concentrated win.

Icarus

The more I'm looking at the Bison sprite, the more I'm starting to like that blur effect. I wasn't so sure at first.

Most of the folks drinking all the h8oraid will be silenced when this game finally comes out. But still...there will be certain folks that you can never make happy. They're like the ever present Grinches that like to pee in our milk and poop in our Wheeties.

Eiji said:
HD Vega looks cool:

1444490269_57f0b140ee_o.gif

Normal Vega sized up:

fu1fzr.gif

This reminds me of my friend who would hate when people switched the names of Bison and friends for the sake of being a japanophile or whatever. :lol

It doesn't bother me unless the person doesn't clarify that they're referring to the Japanese names.

I assume you're from Japan? I'm gonna go visit some arcades when I'm in Tokyo next year.

camineet

Banned
I wanna see more BACKGROUNDS, damnit. the characters are OKAY.

what really matters to me are the backdrops. as far as graphics go, that was the best thing about the Street Fighter II games.

RyanDG

jhferry said:
No way this is ready by November.

That's why they keep on saying a Winter release... Winter can mean as late as February 2008.

To be honest I'm going to be surprised if we see it before 2008.

Deadbolt

Cammy doesn't have a torso...unless someone knows anyone who has hips that come up above their stomach that can prove me wrong...

jaypah

Deadbolt said:
Cammy doesn't have a torso...unless someone knows anyone who has hips that come up above their stomach that can prove me wrong...

i know right? Street Fighter was all about realism and now it's tarnished. hopefully they don't do something crazy like turn Blanka into some freakish green monster looking dude. i needz mi SF2 realizm!

Narag

jaypah said:
i know right? Street Fighter was all about realism and now it's tarnished. hopefully they don't do something crazy like turn Blanka into some freakish green monster looking dude. i needz mi SF2 realizm!

Imagine a wrestler that trained with bears. Craziness.

I don't know what's with all of these virgins complaining about the leotard. You'd swear they've never seen a girl in a thong. She has a thong back on that outfit and last time I saw, the butt cheeks hang lower than the poon and starfish.

thanks

chun li's thighs said:
I don't know what's with all of these virgins complaining about the leotard. You'd swear they've never seen a girl in a thong. She has a thong back on that outfit and last time I saw, the butt cheeks hang lower than the poon and starfish.
Well, I'm glad this is a scientific discussion.

Skilletor

By now you've heard that Capcom showed a playable version of Super Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix at Gamer's Day. Things have changed since I last spoke about the game. Here are some new features we showed that we didn't think we'd be able to do when the project was first announced.

* Gameplay-wise, HD Remix is the next game in the SF2 series. Rebalanced and tons of changes.
* Includes an arcade perfect version of Super Turbo SF with no changes. Two games in one.
* Widescreen 16:9 support
* Remixed music

KenI'm very excited about the new gameplay. We've only shown Ken and Ryu so far, but the rest of the game is playing great already. I'm overseeing all the changes and getting feedback from tournament players along the way. I'll go into lots of detail about this new gameplay soon, but not quite yet.

The widescreen mode zooms in the camera but does not change gameplay.
I was skeptical at first, but it's turning out surprisingly good. Even hardcore players seem to like it, even prefer it to the regular 4:3 mode.

Capcom is also committed to delivering the best online experience possible. I'm sure a lot of you have experienced the lag-free gameplay over at ggpo.net, which is definitely the best fighting game networking technology in the world. It's battle-tested and proven at this point, delivering a staggeringly low 1-frame of input delay, even across oceans. You'd think we'd be using that, right? Or should we try an untested solution that will, in theory, be as good? Make sure to give your opinions over at capcom's blog.

I'm really not allowed to answer any questions here. In the coming weeks I hope to provide a lot more info on HD Remix's gameplay though, so stay tuned.

--Sirlin

http://www.sirlin.net/archive/street-fighter-hd-remix-at-capcoms-gamers-day/

Hopefully we'll get some vids later this week! :D

Edit: Oops, fixed the link.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hmm, funny how they were making such a big deal out of not changing the gameplay at all. I guess after making slight tweaks to Puzzle Fighter HD and making the game better, it was inevitable that they'd make Super Turbo better too. Can't wait to see what kind of changes they made.

Must be pretty significant since
sirlin said:
Gameplay-wise, HD Remix is the next game in the SF2 series

Incorporating GGPO style limited lag online play sounds great, too.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Rentahamster said:
Hmm, funny how they were making such a big deal out of not changing the gameplay at all. I guess after making slight tweaks to Puzzle Fighter HD and making the game better, it was inevitable that they'd make Super Turbo better too. Can't wait to see what kind of changes they made.

Must be pretty significant since

Incorporating GGPO style limited lag online play sounds great, too.

A while back they mentioned there would be the super-tweaked version for better balance, based on tourney player input. As well as the original version for the purists.

Grayman

wow they are starting to slip in a lot of features that were very unlikely.

I just want to know when it is out. And to see footage!

Christopher

I knew it would look / play awesome.

Now the fucking haters can shut up, but the forums whiner, Sapiens will surely be in here to trash even this screen.

sinnergy

I love it how most here overanalyzed and picked apart all those sprites we saw the last couple of months, and now we see a shot how it looks in the game, it looks fucking ACE.

GAF :lol

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Christopher said:
I knew it would look / play awesome.

Now the fucking haters can shut up, but the forums whiner, Sapiens will surely be in here to trash even this screen.
Everybody knows the biggest trap it's on the animation. Let's wait until we get a video before the praising/bashing.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
The Lamonster said:
And online LAG.
Well, I'm just talking about the visuals. Online lag is going to be like always (i.e horrible). There won't be a good online fighter until latency of internet connections globally ~ 0 (a.k.a NEVER).

Everyone is aware of the shaky-cam footage making the rounds right now, yes? It's from the Digital blog; apparently, their direct feed doohickey is busted for the time being, so it's from one of the producers' camera phone.

Looks fucking amazing, even if it's impossible to tell it's HD. Ken's stage and remixed music.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DKnight said:
Well, I'm just talking about the visuals. Online lag is going to be like always (i.e horrible). There won't be a good online fighter until latency of internet connections globally ~ 0 (a.k.a NEVER).

Have you tried GGPO before? The netcode is amazing... It seriously is the best fighting game online experience you'll ever have (latency wise)...

camineet

Banned
part of Blanka's background
Nv2f_1193106634_SSF2HDRBlankaBG.jpg

Also, you can see Blanka's background in motion (but sitting still) in this interview:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26833.html

notice the clouds in the distant background do NOT scroll. they've kept this "feature" :lol the clouds in Blanka's background did not scroll in the arcade SSF2T (or SSF2) either. This is something I missed from World Warrior / Champion Edition / Turbo Hyper Fighting.

edit: wooooo! you can see Ken's stage in motion as it's being played!
http://www.neoempire.com/

edit 2: I watched the gametrailers video again, you also see Ryu's stage in motion. the clouds and moon do not scroll. they DID in every arcade version of SFII.

Jirotrom

camineet said:
part of Blanka's background
Nv2f_1193106634_SSF2HDRBlankaBG.jpg

Also, you can see Blanka's background in motion (but sitting still) in this interview:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26833.html

notice the clouds in the distant background do NOT scroll. they've kept this "feature" :lol the clouds in Blanka's background did not scroll in the arcade SSF2T (or SSF2) either. This is something I missed from World Warrior / Champion Edition / Turbo Hyper Fighting.

edit: wooooo! you can see Ken's stage in motion as it's being played!
http://www.neoempire.com/
so awesome!

Top Bottom