• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

japtor

samusx said:
I was just going to post the same thing as above. Why the hell does everybody seem to have a smashed flat face? All the characters noses are flat to the rest of their face? What the hell is going on?
they fight a lot. they get punched in the face a lot.

this is what happens when people want realism. ugly characters.

Jesus the faces.

Just reuse this stuff instead of trying to recreate it.

687681696_7d1d04509f_b.jpg

The portraits for SFII Turbo Revival (GBA) is some of SF's best art ever.

samusx

Banned
They don't look ugly at all, it just is stupid that they all have the same flat face? What are they all of asian decent or something?

What happened to the noses and faces of these characters, look at the original art for Ken and Ryu and it looks like the end of their noses was chopped off in some sort of bar fight.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
SF2 HD Remix just keeps looking better and better and better.

I'm so fucking excited for this game.

SO FUCKING WANT NOW

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
_dementia said:

Save for the unfortunate slowdown and horrific game-breaking Akuma bug, I really dug the GBA version of SSF2T. Loved the portraits too. :D

Not a huge fan of the portraits shown off so far, but overall, I'm LOVING what I'm seeing.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm finding that I don't like the stills posted on the internet, but all the pictures of the game being played on a TV and the footage shown looks great. I think it's just the "bullshot" quality that makes it look weird.

What's the deal with them changing the character select screen back to Super Street Fighter II? I guess that means they're changing the way you can select Akuma?

Mejilan said:
Save for the unfortunate slowdown and horrific game-breaking Akuma bug, I really dug the GBA version of SSF2T. Loved the portraits too. :D

Not a huge fan of the portraits shown off so far, but overall, I'm LOVING what I'm seeing.

The Japanese SSF2X Revival didn't have the Akuma freeze bug, fortunately. And don't forget that they screwed up the win quotes and gave them to the wrong characters!

It's funny how this is the third remake of SSF2T in the past seven years. We got SSF2X Revival, which had some extra effects, new art, and new or changed backgrounds, then Hyper Street Fighter II, and now this.

It really is nuts how many times SF2 gets re-released over and over and over and over and over again, and yet I can't wait to play HD Remix...

KingJ2002

Lyte Edge said:
I'm finding that I don't like the stills posted on the internet, but all the pictures of the game being played on a TV and the footage shown looks great. I think it's just the "bullshot" quality that makes it look weird.

What's the deal with them changing the character select screen back to Super Street Fighter II? I guess that means they're changing the way you can select Akuma?

The Japanese SSF2X Revival didn't have the Akuma freeze bug, fortunately. And don't forget that they screwed up the win quotes and gave them to the wrong characters!

It's funny how this is the third remake of SSF2T in the past seven years. We got SSF2X Revival, which had some extra effects, new art, and new or changed backgrounds, then Hyper Street Fighter II, and now this.

It really is nuts how many times SF2 gets re-released over and over and over and over and over again, and yet I can't wait to play HD Remix...

goes to show that SF2 is one of the best games of all time.

finally some real screens... that select screen looks very wierd... seems like those faces are smushed into those squares so i dont think the select screen is finished.

all in all... the game is shaping up to be a killer on xbla.

jordan0386 said:
Now that this is coming out...online, stat tracking, nice features...can we let MvC2 die?

hell no... capcom, ea, activision, sega... make mvc2 online happen dammit!

Maybe I am in the minority, but I like the new art. I like that new select screen as well. But, that GBA art is gansta as hell though too.

Jirotrom

Tenbatsu said:
Old one looks better. New one got the Udon feel to it, but its still not too bad.
really, honestly being the huge street fighter I am I've never liked the art style in the old one, thats where the Alpha series owned up for me.

fubarduck

samusx said:
I was just going to post the same thing as above. Why the hell does everybody seem to have a smashed flat face? All the characters noses are flat to the rest of their face? What the hell is going on?

Proof that there will always be whiners, no matter how perfect something is. The level of criticism for this game has been ridiculous for such a high-quality upgrade, even for the Internet.

carlos

I only lately realized this game was based off SUPER SF2T;
I preferred SF2turbo, before this game got complicated with combos, reversals, super moves etc.

Not to say I didn't like Super, but Turbo was perfect in balance.

and I second the MvC2 in HD comment

Dali said:
This just occurred to me, but will the un-remixed version still have the announcer saying "U.S.S.R." when you fight Zangief? It seems like a lot of Zangief's stuff is now outdated, like his ending with Gorbachev and the Hammer and Sickle in his level.

Well, considering that the Soviet Union fell in 1991, WAAAAAAAY before SSF2T was released, I don't see how the situation is any different now.

ShinAmano

Icarus said:
That looks amazing... ok, now where the hell is my Samurai Showdown 2 HD Remix SNK?
This makes me have to say: Bonerriffic!

Also the SFHD looks incredible...best 2D game ever made period.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Donkey Thong said:
Well, considering that the Soviet Union fell in 1991, WAAAAAAAY before SSF2T was released, I don't see how the situation is any different now.

But SF2 was developed before the USSR fell, and Super Turbo is essentially a remake, not a sequel, to the original SF2 (all the SF2 games are, story wise, the same game).

So why would HD Remix, another remake, change that?

Besides, Zangief is a loyal Communist party member. Remember how he dances with Gorbechov?

Vrolokus

Banned
Someone needs to adjust the location markers on the map... it appears Ryu and Honda live in China now, and Dhalsim somewhere in the ocean.

Edit: And Ken is Canadian(?), and Balrog/M.Bison is nowhere near Vegas... etc.

Ryu1999

carlos said:
I only lately realized this game was based off SUPER SF2T;
I preferred SF2turbo, before this game got complicated with combos, reversals, super moves etc.

Not to say I didn't like Super, but Turbo was perfect in balance.

Uhhh what?

All those things except super moves were in regular Turbo

carlos

Ryu1999 said:
Uhhh what?

All those things except super moves were in regular Turbo

I was watching those tutorial videos mentioned a few posts back, and it seemed everything could be linked into a combo; Turbo let you have 2in1's and maybe a bit more, but not to the extent of Super.
As for reversals, I meant escaping from throws with 1/2 damage, which was new to Super.

Not to mention the bunch of other techniques in those videos ( that piano thing mentioned, the attack to break lower guard. etc )

I'm sure it made the game better for tournaments and for many SF2 fans, but the cat and mouse/rock paper scissors/ yet simple gameplay of Turbo is better, IMHO.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Looking pretty damn good - and I like how they kept the original poses intact on the character select screen...

Good stuff - a real damn shame that it got delayed, as I was really looking forward to it...

Icarus

But Xav, that's a completely different art style from the rest of the game (and nothing at all like the original super turbo either). There has to be some form of continuity. As I stated above, I think it looks really good.

Skilletor

carlos said:
I was watching those tutorial videos mentioned a few posts back, and it seemed everything could be linked into a combo; Turbo let you have 2in1's and maybe a bit more, but not to the extent of Super. =.

Edit: misread what you were saying. :lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
_dementia said:
Jesus the faces.

Just reuse this stuff instead of trying to recreate it.

687681696_7d1d04509f_b.jpg

The portraits for SFII Turbo Revival (GBA) is some of SF's best art ever.

Why is Cammy so flat in these pictures.

:lol

Vrolokus

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Why is Cammy so flat in these pictures.

:lol

Cammy is flat. She just makes up for it with her trunk.

I like the character select screen portraits, my only problems with it are the wonky location markers and the font at the top of the screen.

Very excited about this game, I hope we start to get more media. Show us Sagat! Blanka! Chun-Li!

Xav

pYV4375.gif

EUv4426.gif

w6K5416.png

I know in Street Fighter III Ken & Ryu are older than they were in Street Fighter II but someone at Udon screwed up because they look like old men in Street Fighter II HD Remix.

Vrolokus

Banned
Xav said:
I know in Street Fighter III Ken & Ryu are older than they were in Street Fighter II but someone at Udon screwed up because they look like old men in Street Fighter II HD Remix.

Maybe you'd prefer it if they were really old school.

sfus0028.png

Tenbatsu

_dementia said:
1716786515_5aa3c02061_o.jpg

If you all compare the faces of these 2 pictures closely, you can tell that Udon is trying to copy the style of SFII Turbo Revival (GBA) artwork again with bit tweaking here and there. Sigh....

Look closely at the mouth of the new Ken and the GBA one, jaw of both Ryu. Do they look identical? Guile is another good example.

Skilletor

Anybody read the comics? Looks like that to me. And even if they were trying to copy...could we please stop posting the same pic over and over? It's pretty big and annoying to have to scroll through. :D

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Vrolokus said:
Cammy is flat. She just makes up for it with her trunk.

I like the character select screen portraits, my only problems with it are the wonky location markers and the font at the top of the screen.

Very excited about this game, I hope we start to get more media. Show us Sagat! Blanka! Chun-Li!

I don't remember, so sue me.

Splatt

You people will never be satisfied :lol

With that said, i'd love to see SFIIHD being made by some of the Udon poopers here.

GrayFoxPL

The select screen is a crime! I agree that Revival's art hadoukens it's saggy balls.

Here, I bastardized it even more.

o7rnyr.jpg

I know. I'm childish and crappy at any gfx editor. But come on. It was bad to begin with.

I'm a big fan of "The Flaming Man" in SF2 and I don't know. The new version seems "off" somehow. Maybe it's the colors maybe the outlines, but I noticed it in the videos that something in it doesn't look 'right'.

Other then that. I can't wait for it! This and SF4 will be awesome shit. It's like "Sentimetal: The return of fighting games!"

Top Bottom